1st Test: England v Australia

Don't know where he found his form from. 147 runs in the match, yet how bad did he look inthe T20?

t20 and test matches is like comparing an american beer to a fine French wine.

Coors Lite, the difference is drinkability. /Mike Goldberg :D

I seriously don't know where Colly's form has come from, he didn't have any FC cricket with Durham after the T20 WC did he?

Coors Lite, the difference is drinkability. /Mike Goldberg :D

I seriously don't know where Colly's form has come from, he didn't have any FC cricket with Durham after the T20 WC did he?

perhaps its a case of "form is temporary , class is permanent" ?

hats off to Monty and Jimmy, they managed to hold on and push out for the draw. Was a nice way to finnish off a day of cricket, get the win on the field and watch them two hold on for dear life and get the draw.

As much as Pietersen deserves to be criticised for that first innings dismissal, I wish the sky commentators would back off just a little bit to have a look at the other batsman (eg. Cook, Strauss and Bopara) who aren't doing great. Every piece of analysis seems to be on Pietersen at the moment.

Bopara was unlucky, he shouldn't have been out in the 2nd innings, and in the 1st innings he gave a decent score.

_46047124_monty_jimmy_getty466i.jpg

Just looking at this body language on Monty, I don't reckon he's gonna be playing at Lords. I might be reading into this too much but I reckon he was told he isn't gonna be playing at Lords.

Bopara was unlucky, he shouldn't have been out in the 2nd innings, and in the 1st innings he gave a decent score.

The score he gave in the first Innings wasn't decent for a test match tbh. But then again the whole of the England squad bat like part timers in my opinion.

The reason I think this is because of the way Australia batted...slow but damn effective amazing techniques from most of their batsmen.

Nah, I don't think they'd be stupid enough to tell the team of selections ofr Lord's on the final day, a very important day at that.

Yeah maybe I was a little harsh on Bopara, but it was disappointing for him to get out so cheaply after a start in the first innings.

As for Panesar, after the way he went with the ball, I'd imagine he's sensible enough to realise that we wouldn't play 2 spinners again and so he'd be out of the team anyway.

Cook is on his last chance. One more failed match and he's out. This is the Ashes, it's all about winning.

Users who are viewing this thread