1st Test: England v Australia

I missed the first 15 after lunch but what I saw wasn't as good as before. Flintoff caused him a lot of trouble which is something we don't need.

Even Broad looked more threatening to him. I think it was them going around the wicket and thus angling the ball into him.

Depressing the first 15 minutes. Hughes looked like a tail ender. But anyway Katich looking very good. But i think Swann and Flintoff should bowl in tandem. Thats a match winning combination. Jimmy looking below par.

Give him some time, he will be a great batsman, he has all the qualities. Even a good 'iceman' face!

Oh yeah mate I love Hughesy, a real gun. I think he will be star too. I mean he already fixed his problem from the tour match because he didn't get out to a bouncer towards his head. He got ducking and weaving. He didn't find a way to play them yet but to think he's fixed that one problem in under a week means that in a few years he should have fixed a lot of his flaws.

Cmon mate, you said yourself its the first time you've seen him!

He has a unique batting style, which looks unappealing at first, but when you see it a few times its truly amazing.

You should watch some youtube highlights from the SA series

Yeah like I said it was probably a little harsh. But he really needs to find a way to score runs when the ball is on his body.

Freddie Flintoff has been bowling very fast and on a very good line and length. He is a very dangerous bowler and we`ve gotta look out for him.

Has anyone had a look at the weather forecast? It's a rainy couple of days...

Also, as Lloyd just mentioned, bogey number right here!

Yeah like I said it was probably a little harsh. But he really needs to find a way to score runs when the ball is on his body.

If he does find a way he will be a complete batter. That is probably the only thing holding him back from becoming great.

Even Broad looked more threatening to him. I think it was them going around the wicket and thus angling the ball into him.

Yeah like I said a few posts above he found a way to temporarily play those balls though by getting his ducking on. By the end of the season hopefully he has found a permanent solution eg a pull shot or something.

Feelin Blue? added 0 Minutes and 33 Seconds later...

Has anyone had a look at the weather forecast? It's a rainy couple of days...

Also, as Lloyd just mentioned, bogey number right here!

Good ole punter got us off it. A sign he's in for a big one?

That one ball he played and missed at was a jaffer. Was made to look better by Ponting's shot, but was a superb delivery. Can see Ponting making a big'un here.

I think Swann needs to drop his length back a little to allow for the spin to try get Katman knicking to the slip or playing to cover in the air. If you bowl full he just likes to smother it to the offside or legside. Full is the way to go to Punter though for Swann imo.

Anderson should stick to mixing his inswingers and outswingers. I think he's bowling a tad short.

That one ball he played and missed at was a jaffer. Was made to look better by Ponting's shot, but was a superb delivery. Can see Ponting making a big'un here.

I was actually just thinking that Ponting will probably make a 100 here. Especially since the commentators just brought it up.

Btw when is Panesar going to come on :(

Howsie added 1 Minutes and 58 Seconds later...

Lol did anyone just see the Mitchell Johnson look-a-like in the crowd?

Users who are viewing this thread