1st Test: England v Australia

I'm just going to be honest here and say Hughes looked horrible after lunch. The bowling has been very good but god dam did he look rubbish. I'd like to know what he has been facing to average 65 in FC cricket. This might seem harsh and it's only the first time I've seen him but I wasn't really that impressed after lunch.

I would like to see Freddie bowling to Ponting. I would like someone to bowl the line Ishant Sharma bowled to him to achieve success against Punter. Someone to bowl it just outside off and bring it back into him.

I'm just going to be honest here and say Hughes looked horrible after lunch. The bowling has been very good but god dam did he look rubbish. I'd like to know what he has been facing to average 65 in FC cricket. This might seem harsh and it's only the first time I've seen him but I wasn't really that impressed after lunch.

Cmon mate, you said yourself its the first time you've seen him!

He has a unique batting style, which looks unappealing at first, but when you see it a few times its truly amazing.

You should watch some youtube highlights from the SA series

Unless Broad can start swinging it into Punters pads more Ponting is going to start killing his bowling atm. England might want to get Swann on.

Time for some spin from Broad's end I thinks. He's been bowling for some time.

Yeah Hughes struggled. He's that type of player. Once he gets going he's hard to stop. He murdered the South African attack but he did get roughed up a bit early in his innings. I think he'll have to adjust to a technically correct stance and style. Fred was just too good. I hope Johnson learns a few things here. Meh on a more depressing front just got my uni results... nah it wasn't too bad.

Yeah Hughes struggled. He's that type of player. Once he gets going he's hard to stop. He murdered the South African attack but he did get roughed up a bit early in his innings. I think he'll have to adjust to a technically correct stance and style. Fred was just too good. I hope Johnson learns a few things here. Meh on a more depressing front just got my uni results... nah it wasn't too bad.

It wasn't a bad innings. He played some nice strokes tbf. It was a good one to get the nerves out of the way. He's set for the rest of the series now.

Yeah i know what u mean but i meant after lunch. Before lunch he seemed quite good. Steady and very attacking. I can see a bit of Sehwag in the kid.

Yeah Hughes struggled. He's that type of player. Once he gets going he's hard to stop. He murdered the South African attack but he did get roughed up a bit early in his innings. I think he'll have to adjust to a technically correct stance and style. Fred was just too good.

He really just needs to find a way to pull and flick the ball. Can't see him changing his technique with the success he has had so far.

aussie1st added 0 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...

Can I assume that PC is slow for everyone, and not just myself?

Yep seems to be quicker now

Can I assume that PC is slow for everyone, and not just myself?

I couldn't get on at all earlier but it's quicker now.

Yeah i know what u mean but i meant after lunch. Before lunch he seemed quite good. Steady and very attacking. I can see a bit of Sehwag in the kid.

I missed the first 15 after lunch but what I saw wasn't as good as before. Flintoff caused him a lot of trouble which is something we don't need. Freddie picking on one of our batsmen again :(

Users who are viewing this thread