1st Test: England v Australia

A poor Test record in the main, but a massively improving record. Gone from averaging 45 to 37 since December, and 1 bad day and he's suddenly not good enough again. The pitch and the ball offered nothing to England yesterday. It's flat as a road and although we could have done better with the ball there's still not going to too much in it for the bowlers.

Good start from Broad as well, that cutter really jumped and moved. Thought Broad did nothing with the ball in the air or off the track? :what

I tell you what, Australia gets criticized because its commentators are supposed to be to parochial. Try listening to bloody mumbles and Tin Bum either crowing when the too and froms look on top or trying to build up their position when when they aren't.

Think I might have to tune into the ABC for the commentary

7 or 8 I think. It better swing, the ball they're using at the minute just didn't go, and we'll need it to if we're going to bowl Australia out. Hopefully Jimmy'll get a good spell in with the new nut.

A poor Test record in the main, but a massively improving record. Gone from averaging 45 to 37 since December, and 1 bad day and he's suddenly not good enough again. The pitch and the ball offered nothing to England yesterday. It's flat as a road and although we could have done better with the ball there's still not going to too much in it for the bowlers.

Good start from Broad as well, that cutter really jumped and moved. Thought Broad did nothing with the ball in the air or off the track? :what

He doesn't though. I've never seen him swing the ball for a period of time, and he hardly gets any movement of the pitch. There's no point bowling at 90mph if you don't do anything with the ball.

I think Monty's been bowling rather well this morning and throughout the match.

Lol i didnt even realize Punter and Katich had a 200 run partnership. :eek:

Well done to them both. Hope they keep it up to give us a high first innings total.:clap

Urgh, Swann's been overpitching throughout this match poor ball, followed by a really good ball though.

This match depends on the next next new ball now, if England make substantial break throughs (two or three wickets) then I see Asutralia getting about the same score as England, if not I see em getting 500+

Users who are viewing this thread