A first look at patch 2! [new video on page 29]

MattW, why dont you hold R2 when running? your just asking for trouble there!!

I know you love bowling, but facing Ahmend, you shouldve been ob 30no after those 3 overs!!

Career mode never appealed to me - starting off without any skills and slowly building on it; playing a single role in the team etc. Seems too long and one dimensional for me. I realize I may be in the minority on this as I notice a lot of folk here love the career mode.

I just want to able to control my full team and play a quick competitive game of cricket.

Same here. I haven't even touched career mode yet and I probably wont touch it until I get bored of competition/tour mode (which will be a very long time :yes).

Same here. I haven't even touched career mode yet and I probably wont touch it until I get bored of competition/tour mode (which will be a very long time :yes).

Same. In theory career mode sounded awesome to me. But for some reason I find playing out entire matches and competitions more enjoyable in this game.

----------

I lost a T20 with the AI chasing 170 in 19 overs, so from a sample of one, yes.

g1373317003995339729.jpg

For the first time in history we might just have a competitive and realistic AI in a cricket game

Same. In theory career mode sounded awesome to me. But for some reason I find playing out entire matches and competitions more enjoyable in this game.

I'm the opposite. Can't stand controlling the whole team. Can't stand batting with left handers either (I'm RH). I like career modes because it reminds you that playing in a team is rewarding but difficult, esp if you don't contribute eg. going for a duck in the world cup final.

each to their own I guess.

I'm the opposite. Can't stand controlling the whole team. Can't stand batting with left handers either (I'm RH). I like career modes because it reminds you that playing in a team is rewarding but difficult, esp if you don't contribute eg. going for a duck in the world cup final.

each to their own I guess.

The thing about playing whole matches I like is that you can see the whole thing play out from beginning to end. You can see the shadows roll across the ground, and the sun go down, and experience all the ups and downs of a match.

In career it feels to me like your quite detached from the emotional experience of being involved in an entire match because you're simulating the parts where you are not involved. That tight finish where your number 10 and 11 got you across the line you don't have any emotional connection to cos you don't see it played out. Not simming a match and getting in the field sees the AI play crazy cricket and throws out realistic results so there's not much incentive doing this at the moment.

What is life but a game of cricket?

Also, career mode in its current state is pretty shallow. Same team every match, no injuries, no form system, no noticeable changes in pitch conditions over the course of a match, pitch conditions having no noticable impact on things (well nothing the developer can confirm or detail), no ability to customise your player...it can get pretty boring after a while. I'm sure this will improve and look forward to it in future editions.

Last edited:
I'm the opposite.

Finally something I can agree with.

But as Blinder hinted at, the issue I find is I really don't care how my team perform around me.. it's a very centralistic method of playing the game, I am the middle of my universe, my partner is my care factor for as long as he remains in, after that.. Khawaja who? My only concern with how the team perform in the season is if it gives me a few more games to play to up my stats and ranking before the season close. Career is a bitter sweet game mode.

Im starting to agree, yet although i do get frustrated as I dominate IPL as a opening batsman yet my useless bowlers cant defend a total of 200!!

You've both raised good points however, I play DB14 like how I used to play RL cricket ie. I would bat when my turn came up and would bowl if given the chance. Otherwise, I was 1 of 11 and thats what the career mode simulates ie. I only have control over MY actions and must rely on the strengths of my team mates to actually win. I do the same for FIFA. I certainly find it more rewarding to see my own virtual player becoming the pro batsman I never could IRL. All about living your dreams through virtual reality, mate! :thumbs

Because it impacts stamina - I'd rather save it and be sure I can run hard when needed.

Veteran. I simulated the first innings.

I always press R2, and even when I'm sitting on 150 not out off 150 balls my batsman stamina isn't even a quarter of a way depleted. Might be different patch 2.

So the Batsman AI chased down 170 odd in a T20? Still cant believe this. Oh wow. It cant be true. Please be true. *sweat bead rolls down forehead*

tumblr_mjk8rxfw3w1rhxfs4o1_1280.png

Last edited:
A idea !! lets make a rule in this forum for asking a question politely and to reply without being condescending or rude :(:(

3/4 of the guys here then would have to keep quiet . :eek::lol:eek:

Just take it in the stride mate , everyone on here wants to be a smart ass , its the nature of the beast.

Animation changes are not quite minor tweaks and entail huge amount of time and effort - right from motion capture to integrating with the existing game/code-base. I would be surprized if these kind of changes are incorporated before the next iteration of the game.

I know but the front foot leave animation is already in the game...I am asking them to code this one instead of the current one that's all...:yes

Users who are viewing this thread