A first look at patch 2! [new video on page 29]

Mate , I`ve been playing Premier League Club cricket for about 9 years now , and whenever a guy is even remotely close to the sightscreen , the umpire or Batsmen will wave him away from the sightscreen as he is a disturbance to the batsmen. Plain and simple . Not even in Primary school were we allowed to have someone there.

But maybe the Aussies were brought up differently :p:p

it's a "legal" position - there is nothing in the laws to prevent it. this has been covered repeatedly elsewhere.

so yeah, Aussies were perhaps brought up to have an ignorance of the law?

Now that's not funny! :eek:

----------

but it does show that we trust the guys here at Planet Cricket with our baby :)

Sry..Just kidding before... :-P
Just cant seem to wait any longer for the game.. :-)
Plz tell me what to do to get a pre release beta just like Matt ;-)
Dying to play this game.

Hi, my biggest issue is the fact that every team always fields the same team in every game. Team selections are not dynamic, nor the batting order. Has this changed at all?

This also leads to another issue that really aggravates me. When I get selected for the IPL or BBL as a foreign player, I replace a home player in the team purely because of batting position. This means I end up playing for a team with an illegal quota of overseas players in their line-up, which is not realistic of course. Please fix this!

Can anyone clarify this situation for me please?

Dude, its not about you. Others (including myself) have raised this countless times and think its a big enough issue to bring up. I've also been playing from Day 1, and these run outs are ones which you can't stop (esp at the non strikers end) and should NOT be happening. Let it happen when you're on 49 or 99 and tell me if its not a big deal.

I am very aware of your countless posts about being run out.

The non striker one that is your particular favorite topic is virtually non existent if you have even the tiniest bit of restraint. The fact that you can't figure out how to avoid that despite being told multiple times why it happens speaks volumes about you.

The stumping one that I quoted that you saw fit to get involved in for some reason is unavoidable but also super rare.

Is that the cake bat I spy?
No, have another try.

----------

This is just an over out of a longer video of me generally failing - the bit where I'm good at things, except for that ball where I'm not.

Last edited:
it's a "legal" position - there is nothing in the laws to prevent it. this has been covered repeatedly elsewhere.

so yeah, Aussies were perhaps brought up to have an ignorance of the law?

Well its still Bullshit , very surprised it made it onto the Game.

And we can debate the issue , for weeks on end , but everyone knows that it doesnt work like that in the real world , so why introduce it into the game at all ?

----------

Based on the last Video of Matw , the first slip is still a redundant position with the keeper taking catches in front of him.

Would be awesome to actually see a Slip catch from a fastie bowling full ....

My PC's not particularly special.

CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 640
M/B: GA-880GM-UD2H
RAM: 8GB DDR3-1333
GPU: AMD Radeon R9 270

No, have another try.

----------

This is just an over out of a longer video of me generally failing - the bit where I'm good at things, except for that ball where I'm not.

Straight drive and bowler didnt jumped to stop it this is a great change...Also you mind telling the cameras you are using Near Batsman and ???

Last edited by a moderator:
Also you mind telling the cameras you are using Near Batsman and ???
h4qhtSB.jpg

Well its still Bullshit , very surprised it made it onto the Game.

And we can debate the issue , for weeks on end , but everyone knows that it doesnt work like that in the real world , so why introduce it into the game at all ?

----------

Based on the last Video of Matw , the first slip is still a redundant position with the keeper taking catches in front of him.

Would be awesome to actually see a Slip catch from a fastie bowling full ....

It's a bug as acknowledged :facepalm
and
Slips catches are more prevalent post patch#2 and on PC, as stated. Cane me when you have it and do not find it so, until then, well.....

Very surprised I could be bothered answering your post :p

I'm fine with a ball like that going to the keeper, catchable height and within a step of the keeper, they do catch balls going to first slip you know! @Acid Burn

Users who are viewing this thread