A first look at patch 2! [new video on page 29]

@MattW Can you please confirm the following has been fixed

1) keeper catching anything played behind square against spinners.
2) Player not returning to crease quickly when we miss a slog shot against spinners.

Last edited:
I love the inclusion of the nets session between matches (sorry, positive feedback).

Please wipe your nose , it`s showing a little.

Agreed, you are right with respect to talking of what's in the patch.

There are other threads for pontificating as to what might be in future patches :)
@BigAntStudios
So are we not going to get a changelog ? (You should really get a new PA)

Without this , expect everyone to continually ask over and over if this and that has been included in Patch No. 2

>Insert the now obligatory congrats your the best BA line here<

Thanks BigAnts team to taking care of these issues in Patch 2.

Though I am still concerned about the run-out fix . Please let us know whether the bug with run-outs has been fixed i.e batsmen take lot of time to come back in crease and that too without sliding the bat in crease, which results in run-out most of the time if call for run and cancel it.

And how about the direct throws as well?

Hi, my biggest issue is the fact that every team always fields the same team in every game. Team selections are not dynamic, nor the batting order. Has this changed at all?

This also leads to another issue that really aggravates me. When I get selected for the IPL or BBL as a foreign player, I replace a home player in the team purely because of batting position. This means I end up playing for a team with an illegal quota of overseas players in their line-up, which is not realistic of course. Please fix this!

I think I had that at most two times in 100 plus innings. Not really a big deal.

Dude, its not about you. Others (including myself) have raised this countless times and think its a big enough issue to bring up. I've also been playing from Day 1, and these run outs are ones which you can't stop (esp at the non strikers end) and should NOT be happening. Let it happen when you're on 49 or 99 and tell me if its not a big deal.

Sorry if the question's already been answered but could someone tell me if there will ever be an xbox one version?

yeah I was thinking about that position.
I am sure you can't have a fielder in sightscreen.

----------

plus I wanna see how many sixes and fours I hit in a match.

Not just meaning to be contrary, but I'm quite sure that this position is legal, albeit rarely used.

Also remember that the aim of the sight screen is to provide a clear background behind the bowler's arm, which is where the batsman looks. Even if you have a fielder directly behind the bowler, given the distance to him and the slope of the ground (at least most) you won't really notice him anyway.

Maybe if the fielder were walking sideways whilst the bowler ran in would it be a problem but THAT is actually illegal; you can only walk forwards or away from the batsman during the run-up, not laterally.

But yeah, rarely used though. I don't think that the AI should ever be placing someone there because I honestly can't remember ever seeing a guy there in professional cricket. Heck, not even in my park cricket!

I flicked through the gameplay video to see the wickets.

From memory there were 3. Two were still spooned catches to out fielders and one was an aggressive shot with the ball bouncing off the pad onto the stumps.

We're talking low number statistics here though, so I don't want to draw too many assumptions on just 3 dismissals.

What we really want though are:

1) Bowled and LBW wickets where the batsman is defending, not just playing a rash shot
2) Edges, from both aggressive and defensive shots

Have you seen any of those?

Nope, never and i did played a hell lot. Without these actually bowling looks unrealistic.

Users who are viewing this thread