A first look at patch 2! [new video on page 29]

Dude, its not about you. Others (including myself) have raised this countless times and think its a big enough issue to bring up. I've also been playing from Day 1, and these run outs are ones which you can't stop (esp at the non strikers end) and should NOT be happening. Let it happen when you're on 49 or 99 and tell me if its not a big deal.

Press R2 (on PS3) which is the run/ground bat button and your player will return to the crease ahead of any run out attempt by the bowler.

Not just meaning to be contrary, but I'm quite sure that this position is legal, albeit rarely used.

Also remember that the aim of the sight screen is to provide a clear background behind the bowler's arm, which is where the batsman looks. Even if you have a fielder directly behind the bowler, given the distance to him and the slope of the ground (at least most) you won't really notice him anyway.

Maybe if the fielder were walking sideways whilst the bowler ran in would it be a problem but THAT is actually illegal; you can only walk forwards or away from the batsman during the run-up, not laterally.

But yeah, rarely used though. I don't think that the AI should ever be placing someone there because I honestly can't remember ever seeing a guy there in professional cricket. Heck, not even in my park cricket!

Mate , I`ve been playing Premier League Club cricket for about 9 years now , and whenever a guy is even remotely close to the sightscreen , the umpire or Batsmen will wave him away from the sightscreen as he is a disturbance to the batsmen. Plain and simple . Not even in Primary school were we allowed to have someone there.

But maybe the Aussies were brought up differently :p:p

Press R2 (on PS3) which is the run/ground bat button and your player will return to the crease ahead of any run out attempt by the bowler.

No this doesn't work on all occasions. If only it were that simple.

This "first look at patch 2" thing feels more like "trying to get a squiz of your sister's hot friend taking a skinny dip in the middle of the dark through a crack in the fence"....not much has actually been revealed but there has been a hell of a lot of excitement.

Any chance of an actual decent video?

@BigAntStudios
So are we not going to get a changelog ? (You should really get a new PA)

Without this , expect everyone to continually ask over and over if this and that has been included in Patch No. 2

>Insert the now obligatory congrats your the best BA line here<
A changelog will come when all the fixes and the patch has been finalised. We're not ducking out of the way, or avoiding the issue, we just don't want to give out false or incomplete information. Patience is a virtue and a lot of people need to heed the advice to wait until we can give it out as we will, when we can.

It's also worth noting that what @MattW is currently playing isn't the complete and final version of patch 2, there are things we're still holding back from having live as we don't want to send up builds that break as soon as they are there. There are a few things that won't currently be in the build that @MattW has, over the next few days they'll be rolled in and he will have them, but right now there's some stuff that won't be there.

Changelog for patch 1? I don't recall seeing one?

This "first look at patch 2" thing feels more like "trying to get a squiz of your sister's hot friend taking a skinny dip in the middle of the dark through a crack in the fence"....not much has actually been revealed but there has been a hell of a lot of excitement.

Any chance of an actual decent video?

Most games do not have pre-release videos of upcoming patches.

MattW's done you a favour and decided to make a thread and post a video, sorry it's not good enough for you, I'll berate him on your behalf the next time I see him.

Maybe come back in June when the patch is out?

----------

Changelog for patch 1? I don't recall seeing one?

We decided not to put one out there.

Most games do not have pre-release videos of upcoming patches.

MattW's done you a favour and decided to make a thread and post a video, sorry it's not good enough for you, I'll berate him on your behalf the next time I see him.

Maybe come back in June when the patch is out?

Is this Ross' pa again?

Yeah, I guess that post was out of character for me and a little bit diplomatic, I should have told the ------ that if he didn't think MattW's video was good enough then he could just ------ off.

----------

What's with the -----? I much prefer Early September and the like...

but it does show that we trust the guys here at Planet Cricket with our baby
Well at least the ones you could easily send the Big Ant attack helicopter to.

What's with the -----? I much prefer Early September and the like...
Not sure. Did you use a word that doesn't rhyme with duck?

I should give this a tweaking test.

Haha ah playing this game is the best!

And coming on here and reading so many dumb ass comments & questions from some people makes my day.

Bring on Patch 2 ;)

Users who are viewing this thread