AC09 Player Editor - V1.0 in first post

I don't know if it was because of the name length or becasue I edited the USER.DAT file with notepad, but the game didn't work. Just repeating, I don't know which one it is.

Colin, great work on the editor as always - excellent stuff.

Just a quickie - would it be possible to implement a 'difficulty level' changer, i.e. to make it possible to change difficulty levels halfway through a match (I'd like to bowl on normal and bat on hard)? This may not be something you'd want to include in this editor, rather in a save game editor, but it's just a thought as to whether it would be possible.

I don't see any reason why not. It'll be something in the savegame.
Could probably whip up something to change the conditions too when you bowl ;)
I'll probably try and finish this first though.

No problem, easy enough to do.
What I really need right now though is feedback and bug reports on changing first names. If this works properly I can prepare for a full release but I need to know any problems now and not after that.
Changing names has been very tricky to get to work and I need to make sure it works properly before I proceed.
Also I'm giving you 8 characters rather than 6 for first names. How nice am I?
You rock Colin.....awesome job :clap
No problems for me so far.....
just one small:p request....can you extend the first name length to 10 chars max

That's on the list of things to try. I haven't yet as 8 is the longest I've seen in the licensed players and I knew it would work.

You have done a great job Colin.

Just as many have said, please extend the first name characters a bit more.

And can you tell me a way of changing a player's appearance and making him wear a hat instead of cap?

And can you tell me a way of changing a player's appearance and making him wear a hat instead of cap?

Yeah, I'll make that editable for you. It's easy as they're both 3 letters!

Any help when I'm bowling gratefully accepted ;).
Thanks mate, no rush.

That's cool otherwise I was going to recommend someone like Kshitiz Indian or Hitterman to you.

Could you also made the last names editable, ODI HS, ODI BBI, and could you also made a button in the squads tab that make the names in order?

As I've said 4 or 5 times I need to know that changing first names doesn't make the file unstable before I add any more variable string editing in. Unfortunately the novelty of beta testing has worn off for most people and I'm not getting much feedback.
Squads tab has been redone and squads are now changable. On top of what the ingame editor lets you do I let you put players of any nationality into a squad and add English/Aussie players to the custom teams.
This also works for ongoing series if you are short of South Africans you can bring more in during the Ashes series (see screenshot).

In terms of player editing the fact we have almost 350 players unused will allow for massive pools of players for each country from which the squads can picked rather than being limited to the 14 extra user slots.

Attachments

• Cricket2009 2009-08-28 22-53-28-37.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-08-28 22-53-28-37.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 44
As I've said 4 or 5 times I need to know that changing first names doesn't make the file unstable before I add any more variable string editing in. Unfortunately the novelty of beta testing has worn off for most people and I'm not getting much feedback.
Squads tab has been redone and squads are now changable. On top of what the ingame editor lets you do I let you put players of any nationality into a squad and add English/Aussie players to the custom teams.
This also works for ongoing series if you are short of South Africans you can bring more in during the Ashes series (see screenshot).

In terms of player editing the fact we have almost 350 players unused will allow for massive pools of players for each country from which the squads can picked rather than being limited to the 14 extra user slots.

Who are the 350 unused players?

Users who are viewing this thread