AI patch is now ready - Need testers

No, it doesnt matter. If you have installed Ver 2 then use Ver 2 uninstall, if you have Ver 3 then you will need to use Ver 3 uninstall. You will have to use the same Ver uninstall program for the version you install to remove it.

where can i download the patches from

i would like ot fix some of the bugs in the game

especially the one where if you have a run out 3rd umpire decision you don't get that run. sometimes it even sends the batsmen back to their original positions.

Ravi, great work as always with your patch. The cpu pacing for 50 overs (that's all I play) is excellent (the Aussies made 270/6 in a game I recently played on a hard wicket. I flopped to 210 all out - some things never change!)
I have a question re the large cursor; do you find the cpu bowls too many wides with this, or is it just my imagination?

Originally posted by jonah
Ravi, great work as always with your patch. The cpu pacing for 50 overs (that's all I play) is excellent (the Aussies made 270/6 in a game I recently played on a hard wicket. I flopped to 210 all out - some things never change!)
I have a question re the large cursor; do you find the cpu bowls too many wides with this, or is it just my imagination?

Cheers, Mike.

CPU bowls too many wides? probably not. You may have noticed it bowls less bouncers which in fact should cut down on number of wides. Surely CPU doesnt bowl consistent line and length but it shouldnt be bowling like say one wide every other over. What were the number of wides you reckon did the CPU bowl in the game? If its a bit too much subtle changes to CPU cursor can hopefully fix it.

Guys, this time around you may find batting just that little harder. If its too hard to post/chase imposing totals, let me know and I will fix it

Last edited:
Just had a quick look at the last time I saved the game, and the cpu (Aus) bowled 24 wides in 32 overs. This was admittedly with version 2 of the patch, so maybe I'll try again with version 3.

ok... i'm having problems...

i didn't install the first patch, downloaded just the second and third. i tired to install the second patch first off, and it said it couldn't coz it didn't recognise my version of c2k4.

so i downloaded the first patch, and it installed no probs. so after that i tried to install the second patch again, and it still says the same thing. :(

Hi Ravi I tested your AI patch Version 3

Hi Ravi,

Today I tested your new AI patch Version 3.0 and 3.0a, here are my comments.

Version 3.0

1. Batting & bowling by human players are way too hard. While bowling due to big cursor it is impossible to ball a good lenght which is resulting in lots of wides both by cpu and human. Batting my god is very very hard to time the shots.

Version:3.a

1. This is fairly good enough the cursor is small and cpu also donot ball many yorkers and pitch the ball on good length. The pacing in 50 & 20 overs are good , but batting again is not so good is is way too difficult I am having diifulty in hitting the ball even after positining the batsman , and even if i hit from the middle of the bat the shot just go to fielders. One thing i noticed in this version 3.0a is that now the leg byes has reduced than earlier.

Things to change in version 3.0a:

1. Ravi please make the batting in the version3.0a easier (you can make the batting easier like normal mode) also please increase the power in the normal shots like coverdrive, pull, cut, hio glance so that we could make a relaistic score of 250 to 260 in a 50 over game. As you have already implemented the CPU pacing I hope cup will Case this scrore. So please make the human batting easier like normal mode in version3.0a.

Ravi, I have a humble request , could you please make a patch from 50 & 20 overs in normal mode also as I and many others play in normal mode. Here is what i would like to see in normal mode:

1. The CPU pacing for 20 & 50 overs in normal mode.
2. batting not so hard in normal mode (For normal mode)
3. Cpu bowling good line & lenght (no too many yorkers) (This could be like AI patch 3.0A) Where Cpu bowls perfectly.
4. Correct power to each shots.
5. small bowling cursor like

Ravi I hope you will certainly make this patch. Waiting for your reply.

bye,
babai

:) :) :)

Hi Ravi,

Great work mate!, i just test both versions(3, 3.0A), apart from batting 3a is excellent for cpu pacing and bowling(for us is well). But a batting need to be fine tuned(Normal mode batting along with hard mode bowling will be excellent) :-}.

I've one question 4 u.

How do u edit this kind of things(pacing, seam, swing...), i know they are stored in config files. Is these files are in the big *.gob file? or is in the game EXE?. I'm so keen to know these kind of stuffs to play around and tweak it for better gameplay?(coz i know a bit of hex coding too). Do u have the gameplay configs template?, pls enlighten me :rolleyes:

Again, GReAT work Mate....

Thanks in Advance

Boss

yes boss is correct, ravi please reply

yes boss is absolutely correct i agree with him AI patch 3.0A needs updating (Normal mode batting along with hard mode bowling will be excellent). Ravi, please make a patch as mentioned above fro both 20 & 50 overs so that we could enjoy cricket 2004 even better.

also ravi I have tested that when you ball slowly with a little bit of swing then cpu doesnot score with big hits.
:)

BABAI:)

thank u BarmyArmy for providing me the default values...

i wonder how to insert(after modifying it) back to *.gob file? (or) is it just enough/possible to copy this file to :\cricket2004\w2kserver\DataPC\configs...( i think...) to get the desired result in the game?.

Regards...

Boss :rolleyes:

Hi guys
i trried to install ver 2 this patch
this thing hangs it says its not responding
actually i dont use the default directory of c2k4
help me!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread