AI patch is now ready - Need testers

Originally posted by Radaga
P.S. Also is possible to uninstall the patch by backing up files?

Hiya Tim, just backup the original GOB file in the data directory elsewhere and then install the patch. The patch will only update the GOB file and when you want to discard the changes just replace the GOB file in the data directory with the original one.

Originally posted by barmyarmy
I changed the configs but I'm not sure if they worked. I had some seam movement but not the exaggerated movement I was expecting. First ball I bowled seamed about 3 foot and I thought, this looks good but sadly most of them didn't seam noticably more than usual. Same for the swing although I'm pretty much convinced now that only medium bowlers can swing the ball.

It definately seams but the swing is not that clearly visible. The best to try these are on green wicket with overcast conditions. I may be wrong as well but its just my opinion.

Originally posted by killa_stiky2002
I installed V 2.0 and then tried to install V 3.0a and it told me unknown .gob version...what am I doing wrong?

Killa, the best way to beat the installation problem is to install the cricket 2004 ai 3.0a on original gob.exe version in the previous page on the original GOB file. Make sure you backup the GOB file elsewhere prior to running the patch.

Attached is the ver 3.0 AI and batting update patch that will update the original GOB file. Please apply this patch on the original GOB only and you will not need to preinstall Ver 2.0 to install this patch.

Attachments

• cricket 2004 ai 3.0 on original gob.exe
    85.8 KB · Views: 63
i think the best patch would me that cpu batsman do not get ran out so often this really wrecks the game and the player line up changes during a game. also a patch so u can change the cpu sides .

Originally posted by robertport
i think the best patch would me that cpu batsman do not get ran out so often this really wrecks the game and the player line up changes during a game. also a patch so u can change the cpu sides .

At the moment there are no patches to fix those issues but it is possible someone might be able to create a patch for the issues you mentioned above.

I installed the 3.0a patch after following instructions. I only play 10 overs and yes batting was a bit difficult, which I can live with, but why is the cpu smacking me all around, and I bowl good deliveries too!!!!!!!!

How do we edit players, some dont seem to have the correct profiles...

Goto Team Management. Base Copy the player that you want to update. Change the stats or whatever you wanna change. Add him the database where the original player you base copied was.

NB: When you select you squad for a tour two players of who you edited will be there to select from. The updated one is the second one. (eg. 2 M. Hayden's, or 2 S. Tendulkar's to choose from)

Last edited:
Machismo, have you installed the batting update for patch 3.0a yet. With that patch in place the batting will be very enjoyable. You cant slog from ball one but you will be able to score good runs on good pitches, I suggest you try that.

You cant edit the already existing players mate, you can only create new ones and add them to the team unless I am mistaken.

Machismo, you will be all right with bowling once you have a little practice.

Originally posted by crick4life
You cant edit the already existing players mate, you can only create new ones and add them to the team unless I am mistaken.

You can edit existing players as Squiz says by base copying them and adding them to database over their original selves. I'm not having the problem with two players to select on tour mode but quite a few people are.

patch is pretty good...but i'm playing as ind vs australia...made 226....but got smacked in bowling......wudnt it be better if the cpu biulds his innings rather than slog from ball 1...shud take singles and an occasional slog.....also i'm trying to play with manual fielding to avoid the runout bug....this makes my bowling even harder coz manual fielding is very tough in the game...specially at the boundry...u cant c where your fielder is and i always misjudge the ball!!:(

i cant even install the patch it keeps freezing and stuff when its on 100% keeps freezing

Originally posted by barmyarmy
You can edit existing players as Squiz says by base copying them and adding them to database over their original selves. I'm not having the problem with two players to select on tour mode but quite a few people are.

This can sometimes be an adventage, me and my friend were playing a foreign tour and we selected all batsman in our batting line-up. Then we won the toss and batted through, then we had to go out and we came back and our team had chanend back to the default team for bowling, so then we had a good bowling line-up too!

I agree with someone who said the batting for the user should be on normal mode, the cpu pace files are ok and make bowling hard. This might be a good balance. Right now with the 3.0a patch its very difficult to put away the bad balls. I like to dispatch the leg side balls with a huge. With the patch, I am always caught out. With the current patch, its very difficult to play into the gaps even with a good batsment :)

Users who are viewing this thread