AI patch is now ready - Need testers

Originally posted by crick4life
It is pretty hard to cater to all sort of players moderate skilled to overtly skilled. I am this time around planning to tweak easy/medium/hard levels. CPU in easy wont be entry level but will be far more competetive, normal will be hard enough and hard really hard whether bowling or batting. This way we can probably cater to all sort of gamers. I am midway through the patch and any inputs on the next patch from all with be excellent.
If by inputs on the next patch you mean suggestions, well i have a few:
Human batting harder.
Make Hard pitches have movement early on.
Make CPU batsman put away anything too short or too wide.
Make CPU batsman play a little bit more attacking against the spinners.
If the CPU losses consectutive wickets, it drops its run rate and trys to re-consolidate.
CPU isn't over attacking in the first 15 overs as so it doesn't lose more than 3 wickets.

Thats some suggestions i have.
Thanks, and looking forawrd to the completed patch! :)

It would be good if he could do ya requests but like you said he makes good patches anyway. We cant complain

Originally posted by Radaga

If the CPU losses consectutive wickets, it drops its run rate and trys to re-consolidate.

This is what they should have done but unfortunately this cant be done with a patch at all. Dont expect this to happen even in the next couple of games from EA.:(

Originally posted by squiz
hey Ravi what would the patch now be classified as? Easy, Medium or Hard?

I wont be having many versions but in one single version I will bundle all three ie I will be patching easy/medium/hard settings in the game.

I'm finding this patch good,, but i'm getting thrashed around something chronic when bowling... even when bowling good line and length. I'm playing on normal, is anyone else getting thrashed while bowling? or do i just need more practice?

Squiz's right, the 10/20 overs are designed to smash you around. Nevertheless there are skills that work in any sort of surface and in any number of overs games. See below.

There are tricks you can try when you bowl. When you bowl just trick the CPU by say moving the cursor inside the ball towards the left or right of the seam slightly to start with. Right at the time of delivery move it to the other side, take care while you are moving it to the other side the speed filler might just fill up quite quickly and it may be called no ball. It just takes a little practice but you will get used to it with time. You can do the same with all kind of bowlers. The CPU will try and play to the ball hoping it will move inside/outside but with you changing the movement at the very last minute CPU will end up playing a wrong shot or miss more often than not. This trick will keep you interested in outsmarting the CPU and also will improve your bowling skills. Good luck.

patch 3.0a result

have been playing the game fairly heavily (about 600+ overs) since starting

quickly progressed through easy > med > hard

have mainly been focusing on test match

opponent scores are way to low (autoplay on opposite teams)

have been using the new patch 3.0a

score card is attached

the result was a complete pakistani humiliation

interesting to note the byes are still to high and there is no way the lower order can do this well

run rate 6.4 after 80+ over (day 1)

you don't get much of a constant progression for 1, 2 runs on the red bar if you hit it to the same area before the fielding adjusts

will try a 50 1 dayer soon

Attachments

• iviewcapture_date_17_01_2004_time_05_43_41.jpg
    iviewcapture_date_17_01_2004_time_05_43_41.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 140
great innings mate! especially on hard level! looks like you've mastered it!

so now that iv installed the patch here a few qns

what are the major differences that i should see when playing long matches rather than one dayers?

and im only new so im playing on normal level will i still notice the changes?

from experience from having the patch already what can you tell me becomes harder or more of a challenge?

any tips?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread