AI patch is now ready - Need testers

Originally posted by crick4life
I am not really done with ODI yet.
yer, good i thought that, that might have been it!
i will test the test files as well, i will post it in the stories and strategies section to save space in this topic

Originally posted by jonah
Think we're talking at cross purposes here. The cfg files can be extracted in MultiEx, and they are more or less identical to those in c2k2. They can then be edited in any text editor, but problems occur when trying to import with MultiEx.
If an editor can be made to do this instead of MultiEx then that would do away with any hex editing, instead ppl could edit their own cfgs, or ppl like Ravi could just post up , say, the 1day_50 file for example, for others to import straight into the gob.

Mike's right on the money here. Thats what we need and I am guessing it should be piece of cake for Tom now that he has successfully got the import of kits and other stuff working. The logic for AI editor will pretty much be the same, this one overwrite all the values starting from a particular offset to another particular offset.

You don't need to use MultliEx commander to extract the cfg files. They're all there, viewable and editable, when you open the .gob with a hex editor. I've edited my config files without using MultiEx at all. If Ravi can release teh text file of the changes he has made I can put in into the .gob manually myself.
I posted this before, it's the relevant section of the .gob copied in Hackman and saved as a text file. Fairly easy to edit if you have any experience of hex editing.

Attachments

• difficulty levels.txt
    32.7 KB · Views: 12
Colin, thats right either the configs are viewable and changable in the GOB file but to do that you need a bit of a patience and attention. I physically change it straight in the GOB then checksum the original version with the old version and release a patch to update it on everyones pc with the help of a software. What we effectively saying is that instead of all others trying to duplicate the changes I have made on the GOB we could do with an editor like the kit replacer to replace the text in the GOB with the ones I come up with.

possible changes

Ideas about the game (hard setting):

1. The main downer about the test matches is that the computer is not agressive or consistent enought about it's fielding placements. You can play the same shot over again despite the batsmen rating and accumulate alot of runs. Most prominent shot is the leg glance off the pads

2. For test match and one dayers: It would be alot better if the fielders speed could be slowed down as there are few opportunities to make 3 runs or even 2. For example a leg glance or late cut the wicket keeper can outrun my batsmen. Cricket is really a running game but the fielders pace eliminates alot of this.

3. There SEEMS to be no advantage whether the fielder if left or right handed. Depending on which side the ball is placed SHOULD take the fielder longer to gather the ball on throw to the stumps.

4. There SEEMS to be no advantage on the fielders throwing ability. You should know when to challenge a particulat fielder ie (a) a bounce throw, (b) a weak throw, (c) a throw away from the stumps, (d) a long throw. The game would be alot more challenging if this point was adressed.

5. The bowler speeds need to come down to realistic levels and the batting stroke play made harder (point 5a).

5a. When a batsmen comes in for the first time that red bard above (eye in bar?) SEEMS to make no difference. It is just as easy to hit a shot at the beginning of an innings as when your red bar is full. When the red bar is full is it supposed to increase the IDEAL timing span to play a shot?

6. Currently simulating a world cup series the Netherlands made 216 off of Australia (IMPOSIBLE!). The 'scores' teams can generate should be more accurate. The AUTOPLAY feature should lower weaker teams runs and increase 'scores' dramatically in the test matches oppositions batting. The highest test match total i've seen is 269 what about 400+?

7. The six hit fearture works well.

Conclusion: I've never played cricket 2002 but is now looks and feels very similar to 2004. They really should of made a decent effort to enhance and vary the GAME PLAY as it is the most important part of the game. It is a good game but to get the best out of it might have to wait for the release of CRICKET 2010

jbitmead, a new patch should be comming out very soon, when it comes out try it and see what you think then.
Also try playing the bowling by yourself, autoplay is just to make an average score for an innings. like your 50 over match, 216 is only an average score.

bowling is problematic for me, for a start the cpu runs itself out all the time which is wierd. I would love to play a 20 over match, but find if i bowl i get absolutly hammered, and can't maitain a 8+ runs per over through out 20 overs when batting on hard level. Batting on normal level is a little too easy.

But yeah through these patches hopefully things will get better.

The patch is still in testing, when it is finished i am sure that Ravi (Crick4life) will upload it here so that everyone can downlaod it.

Well for now you could use the version 3 patch.
It is uploaded on one of the other pages, or you can go to www.planetcricket.org and download it there from the download/AI patches section.

before you do though remember to back up a copy of your cricket_pc.gob file. It can be found in this directory:
C:/Program files/EA Sports/Cricket 2004/data

Keep a copy of it where you wont loose it because you need the original to use all of the patches.

Hey all,
I am having a problem when trying to update AI Patch from version 3 to version 3a. When i try to update it an error message comes up saying "This program cannot update the installed version of Cricket 2004 update because of the following reason:
c:\Program files\EA Sports\cricket 2004\data\cricket_pc.gob: unknown version. Anyone got any idea or help for me? thanks. :confused:

Originally posted by Adam -B-
Hey all,
I am having a problem when trying to update AI Patch from version 3 to version 3a. When i try to update it an error message comes up saying "This program cannot update the installed version of Cricket 2004 update because of the following reason:
c:\Program files\EA Sports\cricket 2004\data\cricket_pc.gob: unknown version. Anyone got any idea or help for me? thanks. :confused:

You should:
- Copy the orginal .gob file to your C2K4 data directory.
- Download the AI patch installer that updates the original .gob file.
- Update using that patch installer.

Users who are viewing this thread