AI patch is now ready - Need testers

I've got (offcourse) installed the original game.
When I try to instal updates 3 or 3a or 5, I still got the messages about the unknow .GOB file
The advise is to install the original .GOB file. But where can I find that file, not on the cd!
Do I have to uninstall and re-install the game? Can the problem be that I installed the patches in the wrong order?
Thanx

PeterP - When you try to re-install you will be given an option to 'repair' or 'uninstall'. Choose to 'repair'. But, it would be advisable to go to the Cricket2004\data\ directory and delete the .gob file that is already there, that way the install program will replace it with the original when you choose to 'repair'.

Thank you very much, Steve.
That will be the solution. Indeed, I'm going to delete the GOB file and then choose " repair" from the cd.
I'm in the middle of a testmatch, but I will do in short time what you've advise me to do.
After the repair, I will go to the download section again. In what order do I have to install the patches and do I have to install them all? Perhaps in patch no. 5 everything from the former patches is included?
Thanks again and cheers.

I've repaired and re-installed the GOB file.
Then I installed patch AI patch v2.0. That install was OK.
The next, I tried to install AI batting Update v.3.0 and again it went wrong. Again I get the message of the unknown version of cricket_pc.gob.
Steve, can you, or anybody else help me with this problem?

Do what I told you to do again, but this time ONLY install v5.0 of the patch. The patches have to go over an original .gob each time they are updated.

The new patch is really nice.Yesterday I checked it with without square cut version.It was match between SA and INDIA and I was playing as SA.India won the toss and elected to bat.I was able to restrict them 144 in 20 overs.I enjoyed a lot as they paced their batting nicely.In reply,currently I am 15/1 in 3 overs.I really amazed to notice the swing and seam even on hard wicket by Zaheer khan especialy on hard level.As I tried to notice the difference of batting between 2 levels.I would say it is really fun to play now especially in hard mode.Nice work Ravi.I will post full outcome once I finished the match.

Isthe powerof shot towards cover side has been increased in new version?.Anyone will elaborate it?

You should have a backup of your original gob to avoid the confusion,Besides,use reversal patch to undo the changes are made to gob.

Cheers guys for all your feedback, its been excellent but for how long is hard going to be really HARD am not sure. My attempt has been to restrict any movement from human players prior to the delivery. That will certainly enhance the fun playing in hard mode. I have tried to tweak the cursor size and the cricket2004.exe but in vain. The batsman can still move although the cursor is initially not visible. We may probably need to look at cursor graphics file for the cursor to be hidden.

Squiz, will send you the big sized cursor file shortly. Even I am used to the larger cusor as the bowling is more challenging with it. Even the CPU with larger cursor size bowls length balls and less yorkers.

Thanks to SteveG for helping out fellow forummers having installation problems.

I found the reversal didn't work for me so I just follow the method above, its no hassle.

Originally posted by ashwinkm
A follow up on the patch5(ind vs aus adelaide test ). The gameplay is realistic , the aussies are playing exactly as they would in real life, and as their confidence grows they start playing more shots.However , if you are patient eventually you are able to get wickets. they are 262 /5 after 55 overs. The cpu shot selection is excellent , it does go for aerial shots once the confidence meter is full and the batsman has scored a few runs.My only problem seems to be that unless I set a defensive field , I get thrashed for unreal scores(12-20runs/over) so I dont have any slips. Maybe I need tofigure out a better line to bowl.

Ashwinkm, you can restrict the CPU by employing few tricks to beat the bat consistently. Push the ball marker insided the ball to the left or right initially. Once the bowler has approached the crease and about to deliver move the cursor to the other side as much as possible. Take care not to bowl no balls, speed is no problem. Bowl with full speed only once in a while. By employing this method you can fox the CPU to make error in judgement and force a false stroke.

Originally posted by crick4life
Squiz, will send you the big sized cursor file shortly. Even I am used to the larger cusor as the bowling is more challenging with it. Even the CPU with larger cursor size bowls length balls and less yorkers.

Thanx man :)

I have tried installing patch 5 but the the installer stops responding after sometimes .... after trying 3-4 times I download patch ver 2 but had the same problem, intaller stops respoding after clicking next .... any ideas/suggestions ( I have the orginal gob file).

thanks

It takes quite some time to update the file which is around 800 MB. You will need to leave the installer for sometime.

Users who are viewing this thread