AI patch is now ready - Need testers

Hey ravi, great work on the patch. I made 305 all out in my first game of the knockout tournament. A few of the wickets were edges to the keeper, while a few of the boundaries were edges towards the third-man region which made the match more realistic. Thumbs-up and I can't wait to play my next match with the patch. :)

Cheers Auwais but I think we can reduce the bloody byes and wides eh. It will be more fun without those. Less edges as well to ensure we dont get to score 10-20% with edges.

Nice Ravi, looking foward to the next patch.

On the bowling side of things, is there anyway to edit how the CPU batts?, the bowling difficulty seems fine, its just that the cpu make bad desisions and often don't look to chase totals ect.

That'll be one nasty bugger to tackle. The CPU batting not only relies on one or two value but on several different attributes, with my experience we should only tweak very little from what it is right now. If you really want to have a look I suggest you take a closer look at 1day50/1day20/1day10 CPU pacing files. These are the ones that decide how CPU should pace its inning. Unfortunately the core for pacing which is playing accordingly to a situation is what has been missing in these cricket games since the days of BLC. You can only set how aggressive/defensive the CPU can bat in an entire game (not situation mind you) with the pacing files. Have a look for sure it wont take long for you to gather what I am saying.

Yes, basically what ravi is saying is

1) The 1day*.cfg files determine how the cpu bats in one dayers.

eg 1day50 files determines 50 over ODI's.

2) look at the following

StrokeProb 0 1 2
Def 18980
Mod 41896
Agg 12980
Six 8292

"StrokeProb 0 1 2"

"0" = the innings being played. 0 = 1st innings, 1 = 2nd innings

"1" = the progress of the innings. The values go from 0 to 6. I.e there are 7 phases to each innings. 0 = start of the innings, 6 = the end of the innings, with 1-5 being the phases inbetween

"2"= batsman type. 0 = aggressive, 1 = moderate, 2 = defensive

So the example above "StrokeProb 0 1 2, would mean

Cpu is batting 1st, its early in the innings, overs 7-14 approx and its a defensive batsman playing the shot. The values next to Def, Mod, Agg, Six determine the likelihood of what type of shot will be played. In the above example a moderate type stroke file is most likely to be selected.

So setting all StrokeProbs to have high defensive values only would mean cpu bats defensively all the way through the innings etc. The match situation doesn't come into it

hi zim...

i've one doubt!, in cfg settinga what's the meaning of "CpuRequest" and "CpuReward" ?, pls enlight my doubt...

thanx in advance

BOSS

boss,

never been certain about CpuRequest, but CpuReward also has an effect on how aggressive/defensive the cpu bats. The higher the value, the more aggressive the cpu will be, broadly speaking

Here are the config files as text as promised. This will allow you to patch your .gob if you already have kits installed or if you are having problems. You will need the Cfg Editor by Prakash to install them.

Attachments

• configs.zip
    7.2 KB · Views: 6
Originally posted by zimrahil
Yes, basically what ravi is saying is

1) The 1day*.cfg files determine how the cpu bats in one dayers.

eg 1day50 files determines 50 over ODI's.

2) look at the following

StrokeProb 0 1 2
Def 18980
Mod 41896
Agg 12980
Six 8292

"StrokeProb 0 1 2"

"0" = the innings being played. 0 = 1st innings, 1 = 2nd innings

"1" = the progress of the innings. The values go from 0 to 6. I.e there are 7 phases to each innings. 0 = start of the innings, 6 = the end of the innings, with 1-5 being the phases inbetween

"2"= batsman type. 0 = aggressive, 1 = moderate, 2 = defensive

So the example above "StrokeProb 0 1 2, would mean

Cpu is batting 1st, its early in the innings, overs 7-14 approx and its a defensive batsman playing the shot. The values next to Def, Mod, Agg, Six determine the likelihood of what type of shot will be played. In the above example a moderate type stroke file is most likely to be selected.

So setting all StrokeProbs to have high defensive values only would mean cpu bats defensively all the way through the innings etc. The match situation doesn't come into it

Thanx for this. I thought it was some kind of matrix. Now, I understand much better.

I thought that this game will cause the CPU to chase a score rather than have a fixed rate like BLC. Did not know that this game was developed by the same people as BLC. Even then, I would not have thought that they have such a moronic logic now.

Willing tester

I've got the next six weeks off work, so I've got plenty of time to test a new patch.

well...i ve been asking about making an A.I patch of my own. i have edited the values using the CFG editor. now i just wanna know as to how to make a patch out of it just like ravi does. believe me....the changes are quite good.

i'm not getting any help from the forum on this.

Does it bother anyone that the AI batsman's confidence meter goes up when they defend and when they leave balls and yours doesn't. I dunno but it annoyes the hell out of me. Fixes anyone?

Users who are viewing this thread