Australia in England

What will be outcome of the AshesTest series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well im not really sure what to think of this. They are not bothering to put the likes of Lee on for some reason. mabeye its just a bowl off or practice for the out of form players. but they should still be taking wickets

lol latest, is 377-1 (AN Cook 199*, RS Bopara 102*)

all the Assuie bowlers are getting smashed..McGill has gone for over 100 runs already,..

could we see 450 runs in the day?

they should have put Australia A out and they would be doing better

Bangladesh or Zimbabwe would have done better..

500 runs conceeded to a county side in a single day is a disgrace..(quite funny if you're an England fan though)

Eddie said:
Bangladesh or Zimbabwe would have done better..

500 runs conceeded to a county side in a single day is a disgrace..(quite funny if you're an England fan though)

Yes very funny for an england fan :D . However, extremely worrying for an Aussie. This does not bode well for the last test. It shows how light weight the Aussies attack is looking without Warne.

I am very pleased for Essex, they batted very well against Australia and deserve their praise.

This is only Australias B team. That batting Line up of Australias could score that many aswell. It has to be a stunning pitch.

irottev said:
This is only Australias B team. That batting Line up of Australias could score that many aswell. It has to be a stunning pitch.

You say it was an Australian B side but with Mcgrath and Warne the only absent bowlers then where are the rest of the A side bowling attack hiding?
To conceed over 500 runs in a day against an average mid table 2nd division county side suggests either Australia could not be arsed or most of the bowlers are struggling for form.

Lee isn't standing up to take over the bowling when McGrath is gone. He has yet to do it. Whoever replaces McGrath will have to lead the attack as Lee can't do it. I would go as far as dropping Lee again. Kaspa bowled better. Lee was so desperate to get back into the side before. Where did that hunger go. This is what happens when you don't have pressure being put on bowlers spots.

Lee isn't standing up to take over the bowling when McGrath is gone. He has yet to do it. Whoever replaces McGrath will have to lead the attack as Lee can't do it. I would go as far as dropping Lee again.

Lee is a strike bowler, some days he will gets wickets, other days he'll get smacked allover the place. He will ALWAYS be like that, he will never be a line & length bowler.

I suppose you have to take the good with the bad.

If you dropped Lee, and picked Kaspa and Gillespie, you will seriously struggle take the 20 wickets needed to win a match (even with warnie bowling no-stop from the other end).

The thing is I don't think Lee understands that concept. From the test I just don't see that same spark we saw from him in the ODIs.
Maybe it is these crap English pitches :) but Lee just hasn't carried his ODI form into the test. If Lee was dropped I would bring in a new guy.

Kaspa and Dizzy are finished. That way Lee knows he has to perform each test or else he will get dropped.

You just have to look at Hayden, Martyn and Gilly. They know if they have a million crap games they won't get dropped. Now if you compare this mentality with the one last year in the bowling spots you had Kaspa, Dizzy and McGrath all battling to keep their spot from Lee and we see with the results they performed way better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread