Australia in England

What will be outcome of the AshesTest series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not an excuse its more dehyping Pratt. For Ponting that is easy. Now I haven't seen enough of him so for me its a fluke. :p

Essey scoring 500 lets say the pitch.
Aus 197/0 (31 ov)
Batsmen: R B 4s 6s S/R
JL Langer 84 92 15 1 91.30 not out
ML Hayden 108 97 16 3 111.34 not out

Go figure lol.

Aw crap, now the selectors will use that as an excuse to pick him again :mad:

brad352 said:
Aw crap, now the selectors will use that as an excuse to pick him again :mad:

They would have picked him anyway, you know our selectors. He did this last time too. :(
Langer got out on 87 (Aus unlucky number :mad: )

tsyrmas said:
The best fielder in the world is still Symonds right?
Hard to say, we are always going to be bias but I would say so.

Hayden is absolutely carting it. 140 off 108 17 fours and 7 sixes. i hope that he has fixed his errors and hes not just carting crap bowling.

As I said he did this in the last tour match and look what happened in the 4th test. I do admit however he has looked to be getting back into good form.

tsyrmas said:
The best fielder in the world is still Symonds right?
No. Give me Collingwood any day, especially at point/backward point.

yeh. he looks like he's getting back some form and just when you think hes going to go on and get a 100 he gets out. always 20's and 30's.

I hope this finally kick starts him into something bigger. If we are to retain the Ashes he needs to fire.

Tickets on EBAY for the 5th test going for up to ?1000 a pair for one days play (approx $2300 Aussie dollars). i hope it doesn't rain all day lol
I love cricket as much as the next man but that's ridiculous money to see a days cricket.
I think i will put the feet up and watch it in comfort for free on channel 4.

If England produce a dead flat pitch we definitely have to bat first. It also gives McGrath time to recover and Warne last use of the pitch. We saw in the 4th test how dangerous he is in the 4th inns.

aldersley said:
Hayden is absolutely carting it. 140 off 108 17 fours and 7 sixes. i hope that he has fixed his errors and hes not just carting crap bowling.

Mate he is carting county standard bowlers on a f*cking flat wicket. Doing a good job though. 150 off 118.

dazza76 said:
Tickets on EBAY for the 5th test going for up to ?1000 a pair for one days play (approx $2300 Aussie dollars). i hope it doesn't rain all day lol
I love cricket as much as the next man but that's ridiculous money to see a days cricket.
I think i will put the feet up and watch it in comfort for free on channel 4.

Sounds like people are faking bids to bump the scalpers.

Hayden 150 at lunch. Katich 2 off 17 balls. Will be good if Hayden top scores for the game. Do you think Aus should play Macgill and Watson? I would have said yes but now with Macgill's figures its hard to say.

Is Darren Gough playing in this match?
He would have been my choice for a call up in to the squad.
Although he has officially retired he loves the big occasion and has a great record against the Aussies.
I guess there would be doubts over his fitness and whether he could last five days.

angryangy said:
Sounds like people are faking bids to bump the scalpers.

To be honest i think people will still pay what they ask. The ashes is big buisness over here right now. The world and his wife have suddenly become massive cricket fans, it's even knocking football (soccer) off the back pages and that takes some doing.
Its just a shame we don't have any cricket grounds the size of the MCG, SCG or even The Gabba so more people could attend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread