Australia in England

What will be outcome of the AshesTest series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeh i think thats right annilhation and can we stop with the symonds fanboy test club, his a wiked player but he chokes under pressure and isnt suited for test

langerrox said:
yeh i think thats right annilhation and can we stop with the symonds fanboy test club, his a wiked player but he chokes under pressure and isnt suited for test

When did i say that?

lol well im happy if you agree about the hayden thing.

I think Martyn has looked to be in good touch but just hasnt gone on(mostly due to umpires)

I would love to see symonds get a chance in the test team. just not this test match. i think Australia have to rely on the tried and tested team which would destroy England if they were playing like they did a couple of years ago.

Well watson and clarke are the ones with the call ups. Although i hope Mcgrath is fit. What if watson replaced an injured Mcgrath. That would mean 7 batsman and an all rounder :eek:

Martyns a solid middle-order batsmen, you can see in the ashes test to see how class he is, he has been unlucky with some ILB'S.

Anyway I'm confident england will win the 5th test and aloft the ashes. I'm looking forward to the 5th test.

Australia will come back hard and play thier cricket tough, but england is 1 step ahead, and will play better then them.

Great to see the selectors having faith to bring in Clark. Dizzy and Kaspa are not in good form and so should not play this last test. If McGrath goes I would like to see Watson, Tait, Warne, Lee and Clark as our bowling lineup with Katich the unlucky one yet again. Now if they want to bring in Symonds for Watson thats fine by me as long as they have a 5th bowler if McGrath is out.

We can no longer bowl out oppostions with 4 bowlers if McGrath or Warne are out.

Indiangod said:
Martyns a solid middle-order batsmen, you can see in the ashes test to see how class he is, he has been unlucky with some ILB'S.

Anyway I'm confident england will win the 5th test and aloft the ashes. I'm looking forward to the 5th test.

Australia will come back hard and play thier cricket tough, but england is 1 step ahead, and will play better then them.

YES we all now know that you think that England are gonna win. Do you have to put it in every post???

Great to see the selectors having faith to bring in Clark. Dizzy and Kaspa are not in good form and so should not play this last test. If McGrath goes I would like to see Watson, Tait, Warne, Lee and Clark as our bowling lineup with Katich the unlucky one yet again. Now if they want to bring in Symonds for Watson thats fine by me as long as they have a 5th bowler if McGrath is out.

We can no longer bowl out oppostions with 4 bowlers if McGrath or Warne are out.

I agree but i cant see them putting in such an inexperienced bowling attack for such an important match. Symonds doesnt have a chance for this series.

The weather forecast is just getting worse and worse. Its gonna be unlikely that Australia can win unless England go for the win and make a mistake. They need McGrath, Warne and Lee to go for it. and the Aussie batsman will have to bat very aggressively and they could open the door for England

The weather forecast is just getting worse and worse.

yeap, the long range forecast has rain affecting almost everyday of the 5th test.

...and after the rain in the 3rd test (saved the Aussie's @$$es), i'd be happy to see it rain all 5days.

Last edited:
Eddie said:
yeap, the long range forecast has rain affecting almost everyday of the 5th test.

...and after the rain in the 3rd test (saved the Aussie's @$$es), i'd be happy to see it rain all 5days.

I'd rather it didn't rain, I'd love Channel 4 to go out with a great test match/test series. Also I want to see England beat the Aussies again, it so enjoyable! :D

Well Jones is out!!!

If there is a decent amount of play im backing the aussies. England will probably play collingwood to get the draw.

Annihilation66 said:
Well Jones is out!!!

If there is a decent amount of play im backing the aussies. England will probably play collingwood to get the draw.

That is a huge blow to us. I still think England can win but it will be very tough. I can't decide who I would go for, Anderson or Collingwood. I think Anderson would show Englands intent on attack and Collingwood on defence.

Yeah, Simon Jones is out of the match. It would be sensible to put in Collingwood in the squad.

i think you forget we bowled the Aussie out in the second inning without Jones..Its still a big loss but not the end of the world..

I want to see a BIG performance from Harmy..he's due a big game.

If anderson plays, i can see him being a little like Tait, bowling lots of cr@p, but bowling wicket taking deliveries too.

Dam rain. Aus were starting to bat like they should have in test one. I hope these forecast are wrong as it would ruin a great final match.

Im going to go on my instincts, i said before the 4th test that it was in the bag for england,, so im going to stick with that :)

I predict England batting first and scoring 400+

I don't really mind if it's Collingwood or Anderson as long as the player who is picked plays well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread