Australia in England

What will be outcome of the AshesTest series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
And to think that a whole load of people voted McGill as the worlds next best spinner. Hahaha.

aussie1st said:
Lee isn't standing up to take over the bowling when McGrath is gone.

I disagree. He's bowled well for most of the series, and absolutely amazingly in the second innings at Trent Bridge.

Australias getting some tough treatment agaisnt essex, essex on day 1 close are on 502-4. B lee is playing so are mcgill, tait and dizzy. Dont give them so much confidence ahead of the 5th ashes test .

FreddieFan said:
I disagree. He's bowled well for most of the series, and absolutely amazingly in the second innings at Trent Bridge.

He puts in the odd spell that simply cuts through, but in amongst a lot of forgettable ones.

In fairness to the bowlers, Essex got as far as 1/410, I mean, it was largely two batsmen not the entire team, but they still should be well above allowing double centuries to rookies. I think a large problem was that no two bowlers could pressurise the game. One would put in a few good overs, but the other would have a bad one. It's impossible to really say if you're not watching, other than to use that classic opinion "they just suck" which you don't have to qualify but still makes people think you have an opinion.

Conceding a lot of runs is one thing, but you can save face quickly if you do the same. It's very difficult to save face if you loose to the 2nd XI.

The way Hayden is batting in these tour games, I think I can see the selector's mighty conundrum. Drop him from the team and he will go back to first class cricket, dominate and they'll be forced to pick him again. Maybe he just needs a new shrink :p

Wow this post really managed to bloat.

Hayden 50. \o/

FreddieFan said:

I'm not saying he can't bowl amazing spells. Its just they don't come in the 1st inns. In the 2 games McGrath has missed Lee in the 1st inns has got 1/111 (Sheepard :D) , and 1/131. The 1st inns is vital. As you have seen Aus have been blown away by Day 1. You now see why that is. Without McGrath, Lee hasn't stepped up in the 1st inns when his team needs him.

Jimmy Anderson and Paul Collingwood in England 13. Hmmm...imagine if collingwood was 12th man? Would Ponting be happy to see him fielding? :p

It can't get any worse than that guy they had in the last test. The commentators were saying he was the best fielder in England so it can't get any better. :D

Collingwood is better trust me :D Pratt is good but Collingwood is better, you saw him in the ODI's. One of the best in the world without a doubt.

lol, yep, but I wouldnt worry yet, he will probably get released if he isnt in the 11. Then you will only have to worry about a young player from the county circuit who is more Pratt standard:)

Must admit you English have improved your fielding quite a bit considering you guys can get a guy of Pratt's standard. On Pratt he didn't do anything that was amazing. He just threw down the stumps. Ponting should know that is either a fluke or something that is easy to do (he does it all the time :)).

lol, i like that exscuse :) fluke, easy? :p i hope he plays a part at the Oval so he can run him out again :p

Any exscuses for conceeding 500 runs in a day against Essex ? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread