Australia in England

What will be outcome of the AshesTest series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
McGrath's bowling ridiculously well (congrats on 500)! Just want to say how enjoyable that first session was. Runs, wickets, it had everything!

Just as I thought. I think the low scores have not much to do with the bowling perfomances. It's more the pitch. Remember: in the Natwest final the score was low too.

So far it is a great match with everything in it.

ZexyZahid said:
McGrath gets another one. England 11-2. Vaughan is out.
You mean Strauss right?

I switched off the TV after Tresc got out...I know how it will go:
Vaughan wont last long(out to a lazy shot), Pieterson will be a flash in the pan, Flintoff and Jones won't do anything worthwhile(they hardly ever do), maybe a 20-30 score, the tail will fight on for a bit and Bell will be not out on 30 odd of a 100 odd balls. We'll score 235-240 and have a small lead, which Hayden and Langer will crush, and the Aussies will set about 350 for us to win, and, while chasing Warne will take five wickets and, despite a good start by Tresco, England will be bowled out for 250-275 which will leave the Aussies with a crushing victory. Australia will win another one after a draw next match and will draw the final match, with England winning the other. As usual...*sigh*...

Just as I edited, I read your post. Yeah, I am hearing it with audio, so after they said who is out I forgot to change.

Australia is bowling really well. But the match can go anywhere now.

England need to see off the new ball. If they dont lose anymore wickets before the end of the day, they can set a healthy lead tomorrow.

Bell just hit a very nice boundary from Lee, finally!

Vaughan gone, McGrath again, this is worrying now, all the hard work of our bowlers may be worth nothing by the end of this innings

Pietersen wont last long, Freddie will be in soon, this is where we really miss Thorpe in a situation like this, he is made for it, lets see if Mr Pietersen can be too.

I think McGrath will regret the English selectors that they have left out Thorpe.

stevie said:
Don't think Mr. Lee appreciated that. As McGrath strikes again, 18-3. Vaughan very unlucky, huge lack of bounce.

More bounce than I thought having looked at it again. McGrath's bowling ridiculously well.

stevie said:
More bounce than I thought having looked at it again. McGrath's bowling ridiculously well.
So too is Lee, just not with the same success and with Warne to come, i threat to worry what score we will be on by the end of the day.

Briggsey said:
So too is Lee, just not with the same success and with Warne to come, i threat to worry what score we will be on by the end of the day.

Positive thoughts! Look at it this way, we still have 7 more wickets remaining and while we're batting we've got every chance of getting runs.

Oh well, make that 6 to go, yet another beauty...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread