Australia in England

What will be outcome of the AshesTest series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well at 255-3, its was all looking horribly wrong for england, but i think they will fancy their chances now after getting those four quick wickets that now sees the aussie tail exposed.

I still think Australia has the edge. But we will see tomorrow.

I have a feeling the game will end tomorrow.

Hmm, I think England will put up a better second innings performance. Australia need 50-100 runs more to feel completely secure. There is too much time left in this match. :D

its the same as any perceived weakness in a good batsman. it hardly matters once they get going. martyn has a penchant for flashing wide of off stump, ponting tends to get forward to full and straight balls, hell, steve waugh was apparently especially vulnerable to short pitched bowling.

its been known for a while that to contain gilchrist, you need to cramp him up around his off stump, cairns was doing it well last year, in the chappell-hadlee series, but it's very difficult to do. too full, it's gone, too wide, its gone, too straight, you get the idea. if he picks it up, im sure he will have a place for it to go.

Good we got the 4 last wickets. so quickly still 3 more to get. Warne is a disgrace, a sportsmen smoking whilst a match is being played is an idiot.

Sureshot said:
Good we got the 4 last wickets. so quickly still 3 more to get. Warne is a disgrace, a sportsmen smoking whilst a match is being played is an idiot.

ahem... mr darren lehmann did that in a one dayer for South aussies couple of seasons back, so if he does it... it MUST be ok (lol, im so neieve). leave the poor bloke alone though. the english media, and, well, english ppl, really hate warne. im sure england have their fair share of troublesome folk goin round (wow, three words in a row that rhyme... IM SOO COOL!)

Sureshot said:

I thought he was smoking but as the commentators said nothing I asumed it was somthing else!!! It's Disgraceful!

Sureshot said:

guys, after every days play the players go and have a drink in the rooms, and then at the end of the match the players all have a giant drink fest together. if this is acceptable for cricketers to do, surely warne having a quick fag is ok.remember he has just had a marriage break p, and is under constant harrasment by ur media, id smoking the whole oacket at once if i was warne (btw, i dnt smoke)

themuel1 said:
I thought he was smoking but as the commentators said nothing I asumed it was somthing else!!! It's Disgraceful!

Grow up you idiot if all we (england )had to worry about was Warne having a drag id buy him a pack of 20
Im more worried about Strauss , Trescothick , Vaghaun and Damian Martins PERMA SMIRK
Gotta say im proud of Englands fight the Enemy have gotta respect that if not our quality
SEE YOU AT HEADINGLEY MARTIN :boxing

Yorkie Lion said:
SEE YOU AT HEADINGLEY MARTIN :boxing
whats all that about??

That wicket on the last ball of the day was big for england, it meant we finished the day on a high after being dominated for most of the day. I loved Pietersen's two sixes from McGrath and Warne, but if we are to win, we'll need more of that attacking spirit. West Indies chased 300+ against the Aussies a few years back so it can be done against them but we need someone to score big tomorrow.

Briggsey said:
whats all that about??

That wicket on the last ball of the day was big for england, it meant we finished the day on a high after being dominated for most of the day. I loved Pietersen's two sixes from McGrath and Warne, but if we are to win, we'll need more of that attacking spirit. West Indies chased 300+ against the Aussies a few years back so it can be done against them but we need someone to score big tomorrow.
Well we need a good start from Strauss and Trescothick. And I think we need two big partnerships tomorrow if we are to chase the target set bu the Aussies. I just hope they dont go beyond 350.

Briggsey said:
whats all that about??

Wasn't it about 417 the West Indies chased down (currently the highest 4th innings total). Anyway, if we're to have a chance, all the batsmen need to follow Pietersen's example, get right forward to it. It's funny, people say he's got a suspect technique, yet, he was the one who played correctly against McGrath!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread