Australia in England

What will be outcome of the AshesTest series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
stevie said:
Wasn't it about 417 the West Indies chased down (currently the highest 4th innings total). Anyway, if we're to have a chance, all the batsmen need to follow Pietersen's example, get right forward to it. It's funny, people say he's got a suspect technique, yet, he was the one who played correctly against McGrath!

Thats pretty much why i never witre of any team these days. That and the series against india in 01. Anyway great to see Clarke back in form. Tommorow is the time for Katich to bat with the tail like Gilly usually does. Hopefully also the time Gillespie does something in this match ;)

If England's bowlers hit the right spots tomorrow, Australia will have a lead of around 330, then is the time for Trescothick and Strauss to put on another one of them daunting opening partnerships like the 273 against South Africa last winter, one can only hope! :upray :upray

Yorkie Lion said:
Grow up you idiot if all we (england )had to worry about was Warne having a drag id buy him a pack of 20
Im more worried about Strauss , Trescothick , Vaghaun and Damian Martins PERMA SMIRK
Gotta say im proud of Englands fight the Enemy have gotta respect that if not our quality
SEE YOU AT HEADINGLEY MARTIN :boxing

Mate, how many other sportsmen do you see lighting up during a match (on tv) ?

I'm not worried about what Warne does to himself!!! (Though he is the only Australian that talks any sense)

Sureshot said:
Good we got the 4 last wickets. so quickly still 3 more to get. Warne is a disgrace, a sportsmen smoking whilst a match is being played is an idiot.

Told you he is a disgrace, did anyone see what he was smoking though, it may not just have been tobaco :p :cool:

squiz said:
I didn't mention that "Mr "drugy" warne" got him out as well

martyn got him out not Warne :D great catch.

Well played Clarke, get Giles out now and bring in tremlett.

tsyrmas said:
i was looking for hildreth (england sub fielder) in cricket 2005 but cant find him. is he in the game???

i wanted to pputr him in the englad squd for thorpe

Look at Somerset he is a batsmen.

tsyrmas said:
guys, after every days play the players go and have a drink in the rooms, and then at the end of the match the players all have a giant drink fest together. if this is acceptable for cricketers to do, surely warne having a quick fag is ok.remember he has just had a marriage break p, and is under constant harrasment by ur media, id smoking the whole oacket at once if i was warne (btw, i dnt smoke)

It's not ok. He's a public figurehead one of the greatest bowlers ever to bowl in a test. He just annoys me, smoking and sportsman shouldn't mix. Drinking and Smoking are very different things. He seems to be throwing away it all though, ala, maradonna, best, etc.

For anyone who thought Clarke was no good should have seen him yesterday.Much better knock than Kevin's.I think the aussies should try to get a 400 run lead but only four wkts left.

KP knock yesterday was more of an ODI which is what makes him so good for england. He can player like that or he can play like he did on day one

Sureshot said:
It's not ok. He's a public figurehead one of the greatest bowlers ever to bowl in a test. He just annoys me, smoking and sportsman shouldn't mix. Drinking and Smoking are very different things. He seems to be throwing away it all though, ala, maradonna, best, etc.

lol

aussie sportsmen have played some of their finest games in spite of the affects of alcohol. kerry o'keefe took his best test figures while hung over. pat rafter and mark philipousis defeated the czech republic in their davis cup match the morning after a night out. and who could forget boonie. 442 runs in the '89 ashes series after his even more impressive 52 beers on the sydney-london flight.

The pitch seems to have improved,or it was just nerves and a bit of good bowling.I can't see England winning,unless something spectacular happens.

From what i saw England bowlers didn't bowl as many bouncer, but if you ever want to test the pitch out this current aus side will do it for you

m_vaughan said:
Are u crazy? Five seamers in the side? where is the variation then?

Giles did pick 9 wickets at Lords last year against the West Indies.

the windies are poo. (except lara and a few others). when aussie train with likes of warne, magill and hogg, they will treat giles like a club bowler. he really isn't good, and thats where england struggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread