Australia in England

What will be outcome of the AshesTest series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol, he's not that bad, caused your batsmen a bit of trouble, Hayden and your beloved Langer! He spins the bal quite a lot. (more than Giles, mind you, so do I :p )

he caused us trouble? or you kidding the one time he bowled in the ODI series he went for 14 an over

Giles has been an integral part of England's upsurge in the last few years.
He is no world beater but i think he fully deserves his place in the team.
Regarding Vaughan i would love him to bowl at The Oval and get Ponting and then run around laughing and shrieking like Ponting did when he got Vaughan out lol.
Not that i blame Ponting i also thought it was quite funny.

Last edited:
his test bowling average is no wicks and a eco of 4.2 hardly troubling:p

ponting got him out also !! haha

Originally Posted by langerrox
his test bowling average is no wicks and a eco of 4.2 hardly troubling

Whats that got to do with whether he has troubled you or not?

The fact of the matter is that he did trouble you at Edgebaston and first innings at Old Trafford.

Vaughan is a decent part time bowler with over 100 1st class wickets at an average of 45 and economy rate of just over 3.
I don't expect him to be troubling the Aussie top order though to be honest but ey there is always a chance of a lucky wicket just like Ponting.

The weather

the weather is on the improve you twitchy Aussies
Metcheck (the most reliable uk weather source )says only showers on saturday afternoon and moderate to light at that
Sunday and monday improving even more so any of you guys worried about the weather helping us WHINGING POMMS (thats a laugh by the way the way you guys have been whinging ) :crying and in truth im glad this series in all seriousness has been too damned good to let the weather decide things
Whatever happens we have shown you we deserve your damned respect
and the most pleasing thing for me is that this Aussie team isnt over the top as some people might have you believe they have felt the force for the first time in a long time
Shane Warne ( a TRUE champion ) is bowling as well as ever did you see the drift he was getting in second innings in the last test and ok MCGrath been struggling with injury but we are having our own problems JONES
we would have won at Edgbaston if Jones hadnt gone off with cramp
Weve stopped the boundries guys thats the key your batters are having to think and you know what happens when you get the batter thinking (Hayden)

1 last thing guys can any of you tell me if the guy Yorkshire have signed Cleary is any good much obliged

Last edited:
langerrox said:
his test bowling average is no wicks and a eco of 4.2 hardly troubling:p

ponting got him out also !! haha

Remember the Tendaulker ball!!!!

Ohhhhhhh!! now I understand what you meant langerrox :p I thought you were talking bout Gileo, but yes, Vaughan should of put more time into his bowling. Could of become a decent bowler.

Well...McGrath has been passed fit! Oh well we will just have to put him to the sword on his return, like at Old Trafford :D

Mcgrath fit

McGraths fit well ok im of the school you should be prepared to face their strongest side and vanquish it no excuses either way
Please dont pick Anderson i was listening to Jack Bannister on Talksport and he said Andersons not even been bowling well
Got to be Collingwood however he took 1 in the face yesterday so how fit he is i dont know
For what its worth id have picked Caddick i know give me some stick
but hes bowling well ive been told and it sounds like The oval is rock hard and will bounce off a length.
I would be interested to know you Surrey boys has the Oval been swinging this season .

FORZA ENGLAND

Collingwood will be fine. Taking a blow to the face is nothing that serious really, nothing is broken, he may have some panda eyes but thats it. In my opinion he should be selected.

JamesyJames3 said:
Whats that got to do with whether he has troubled you or not?

The fact of the matter is that he did trouble you at Edgebaston and first innings at Old Trafford.
Dont get into that arguement. Its like England "dominated" Australia but got a win by 2 runs, a draw and a narrow win.

I think Anderson should be picked. He must be in some kind of form for the call-up and collingwood would be negative to the team and even though it might save England a draw it might also lose England the match as they have been going with 5 bowlers successfully for a while now.

McGrath is fit. That's good news for Australia.

It will be a good contest now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread