Australia tour of India (Feb '17/Mar '17)

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Just stop it now, it's already been too much sledging.
This thread has been the most interesting thread on PC. Just seeing so much sledging and debates, while it goes to the point where there is name calling as well.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Warner is a flat track bully. Just try to deny that.

B

Bigby Wolf

Well this series for me is all about getting the predictions wrong. Right from 4 - 0 to the Pitches to the each test to each to each session almost all of the predictions fell flat.Thats the beauty of this game of cricket and it shows how mercurical the game of cricket itself is! A fitting end to the grand home season of Indian cricket.
The biggest +ve throughout the whole season i felt is the contribution from lower order in some crucial matches - Jadeja,Saha,Ashwin and Jayant some handy contributions from them against different oppositions.
The bench strength has been tested to the core almost every player got an opportunity and some of the big names were injured in the season - Rahul first got injured in the nz series Gambhir replaced him and did well to score a half century,Rahane in the England series - Karun with that mammoth 303,Parthiv Patel in the last 2 test vs England did a decent job (espc with the bat).Bhuvi with that fifer against NZ in Kolkata, Ishant's spell in Banglore - these are the little few which deserves due credit which contributed in some of the big win we had this season.
And in the Australian series Kohli was miserable with the bat and even miss the last test but the team stood up to challenge and played superbly to win the match and the series with Kuldeep Yadav running through Australia's middle order in the 2nd session of the first morning and then backed it up in the 2nd innings by some fiery spells from Bhuvi and Umesh.

Last edited by a moderator:

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Against Sri Lanka, Australia were comfortably the better team but lost because of individual mistakes.
I don´t think so. Of the Australians, Warner, Burns, Voges, Khawaja, Henriques and Nevill didn´t do anything. Starc was the only bowler to perform consistently. Pretty much every Sri Lankan batsman contributed at some stage, except Karunaratne. Herath and Dilruwan Perera were the strike bowlers, and Sandakan did well, even if he wasn´t used as much. They didn´t use any pacers a lot.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
On a sidenote,

4-0 seems too far fetched in my opinion. But if you feel so strongly about it, so be it. I'm expecting it to be 2-1 in favor of India.

:D

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
I don´t think so. Of the Australians, Warner, Burns, Voges, Khawaja, Henriques and Nevill didn´t do anything. Starc was the only bowler to perform consistently. Pretty much every Sri Lankan batsman contributed at some stage, except Karunaratne. Herath and Dilruwan Perera were the strike bowlers, and Sandakan did well, even if he wasn´t used as much. They didn´t use any pacers a lot.

Nope. Australia lost the first and third tests, Sri Lanka didn't win them. Australia were in a great position in both tests but threw them away. Even in the second test, a good start was squandered.

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Love how Brad Hodge has informed us of why Kohli missed the Test. Honestly, sometimes ex-cricketers can be total knobs. How does he know?

Hodge should keep his mouth shut. He should be darn sure gracious about the fact that an Indian franchise provides him a half decent job with a rich pay.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India

Sorry to say, but a line was crossed this series. It involves both parties. Some of the Indian broadcasters themselves have been outright pathetic!

B

Bigby Wolf

Sorry to say, but a line was crossed this series. It involves both parties. Some of the Indian broadcasters themselves have been outright pathetic!
As they say in the in cricket ,"whatever happens on the field ,should stay on the field". Its better if it goes this way around,the series is done and dusted. The think Kohli said in the press conference about friendship over should not have happened espcially publicly.
And what can you expect from the broadcasters when their whole build up was about sledging by tags like [HASHTAG]#bullythebully[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#aussie[/HASHTAG] ki taisi.... ,as you said outright pathetic even Mark Butcher who was their in the first 2 tests criticized starsports for thew same in of the podcasts.

swacker

Chairman of Selectors
Well everyone knows started it right from the start of the series. Things like irrevelant series in subcontinent and dragging others matter in this thread. i just qouted that moron's post because a troll Id thought only Indians predicted 4 - 0 whitewash.And he was like i posted his quote because i disagree with him on Kohli's remark in the other thread.

This bloke must have worked in a call centre for Telstra. He's a bit cranky for some reason :\

Users who are viewing this thread