Australia tour of India (Feb '17/Mar '17)

Fun fact: All 11 players in this Indian lineup has a FC century. However, that doesn't mean they take their batting too seriously though especially Umesh.
Umesh had 2 centuries i reckon in first class cricket which is hard to believe considering the way he bats!

I've said this a lot of times and I'll say it again- Sure, if you block and prod around, you can save the odd test but not win cricket matches. Don't get me wrong, I think KL Rahul is being a bit reckless with his game currently but the batters can take a leaf out of Ashwin's book. I think he batted superbly and simply got out to a good delivery. At least he tried to wrestle the initiative for India. I'm not trying to say Pujara is a bad player or doesn't deserve his spot BUT guys like Rahane and Vijay don't suddenly need to start batting like him. Rahane was all over the shop today. His head is clearly not in the right space. The short ball has him hopping and he frankly doesn't know what he's doing! I've never understood the big deal about Bangar, but people say he's good. I think Kumble needs to take Jinx aside and remind him of the world class player he is.

I agree and disagree with you at the same time. I think we attach too much importance to how good a player looks. Rahane did not look at his fluent best but he did not throw it away in this game (or in B`lore second innings) either. Despite being a bad series by his standards, he has come up with two very crucial knocks in this series. The knocks from Rahul, Rahane and Pujara in this innings is what has kept us in the contest. Between the three of them, they have ensured that Australia had to continue working hard to get wickets and stitched partnerships of 50-odd which are not huge but when you are facing 300, it can eat into the score quietly. People are criticizing the Pujara-Rahane partnership for being slow but forget the fact that India were 100-2 at that stage, and the early wicket of Rahane/Pujara there would have meant exposing the rest of the lineup to a fresh Aussie attack with 200 runs in deficit. Also, the importance of the Ashwin-Rahane partnership should not be understated. At 170-4, we were vulnerable to being 200 all out. That partnership and the flurry of boundaries by both of them to get us to 220 meant that we were not too far behind when the new ball was taken. There are phases in test cricket which might not seem all that crucial but in the larger scheme of things mean a lot more.

Rahane has shown that he is willing to look ugly and grind it out to make crucial contributions even when he is struggling for form. Also, thoughts of his place in the side being under threat when Rohit is fit, is laughable. Even in his worst patch, Rahane's last 3 scores have been 54, 16 and 46, two of which have held the side together. Rohit, on the other hand is a flat track bully and him walking in to bat with Pujara in the 2nd innings at B`lore instead of Rahane is a shuddering thought.

Supporting another team does not make you a less Indian. You are born Indian go ask your parents :) Come and live outside India and you will come to know how much of an "Indian you are"
Who gave you fuc**ng right to drag my parents here..?
Who the fu** are you to tell me what to do, whom to support, where to live, where not.?
I ain't born here to support those shits..

And they say Kohli is the one who sledges. Stop talking and go bowl hazlewood.

Superbly played innings from Jadeja. India in lead and this fascinating series keeps on building up awesomely till last ball. Kohli telling Jadeja to play on calmly. How typical Indian mentality like to say things when you wre not playing huh?[DOUBLEPOST=1490592719][/DOUBLEPOST]
Who the fu** are you to tell me what to do, whom to support, where to live, where not.?
The same Indian whom you are dragging and commenting mentalities about. So the same fu*c*r.

400? A double digit lead would suffice. More than the actual lead itself, it's the psychological effect. Letting India get away at their home will dent the confidence of the Australian players.

I look at the lead in terms of the average partnerships in the test match. Unlike, Pune or B`lore, the average partnership in this test has been 40-50 odd. Any lead which is more than that is significant. Otherwise, it could easily be wiped off by one blitz by someone like Maxwell or Warner. Also, Australia are talking too much at the moment showing that they are getting frustrated here. This is the sort of effort which makes me believe that this side will do well overseas because so many contributions have kept us alive and not just one big knock.

My team when India tours overseas would be the following

Vijay
Rahul
Pujara
Kohli
Rahane
Saha
Ashwin/Jadeja/Kuldeep
Ashwin/Jadeja/Kuldeep
Shami
Umesh
Ishant/Bhuvi/Varun

It would be a very competitive side in most conditions and I can`t wait to see them perform overseas.

[DOUBLEPOST=1490592816][/DOUBLEPOST]

You can support anyone who you want, without making barbs at an entire population for being filmy or melodramatic.

Last edited:
I look at the lead in terms of the average partnerships in the test match. Unlike, Pune or B`lore, the average partnership in this test has been 40-50 odd. Any lead which is more than that is significant. Otherwise, it could easily be wiped off by one blitz by someone like Maxwell or Warner. Also, Australia are talking too much at the moment showing that they are getting frustrated here. This is the sort of effort which makes me believe that this side will do well overseas because so many contributions have kept us alive and not just one big knock.

My team when India tours overseas would be the following

Vijay
Rahul
Pujara
Kohli
Rahane
Saha
Ashwin/Jadeja/Kuldeep
Ashwin/Jadeja/Kuldeep
Shami
Umesh
Ishant/Bhuvi/Varun

It would be a very competitive side in most conditions and I can`t wait to see them perform overseas.

[DOUBLEPOST=1490592816][/DOUBLEPOST]

You can support anyone who you want, without making barbs at an entire population for being filmy or melodramatic.
Varun ? I think he is not international material. I would love to test Sran instead.

Jadeja gone ! After a good innings of 62 the verbals and the short stuff ploy worked for Australia.A crucial wicket just at the right time with the lead only 15.

Now with Jadeja gone, the tempo of the innings will slow down for sure. However, if at all we could afford to slow down and grind out a 100 run lead, it is here. A lead of 100 could ensure that we come out firing and would make Australia really nervous. What a fine game of test cricket. This reminds me of the 2004 Chennai test which eventually got washed out.

All those incidents happened during middle of the game. And Kohli did play in the middle of the game in last match

This should put to rest all the bravado talk of players coming into bat in-spite of being injured. It's funny how people overlook this conveniently.

Users who are viewing this thread