Australia tour of India (Feb '17/Mar '17)

Do you think they'd risk losing the series just because of this supposed policy?
What if injury gets worse and he can't play fully like it happened in last test ? It's a loss for us. If he was playing kuldeep would be sitting out. And if his injury gets bad, he would be sitting out and we would be playing with 10 players. Don't want to risk it Simple logic.

There are 1000 excuses to be made by Indians. :lol
I am sure that he will be 200% fit in IPL inaugural match..
May be he is too afraid to get the blame of losing the series as a captain so stepped back..
And the funniest part is he came out as a water boy just to get media attention :lol
How filmy those Indians are..!!!

May be he is too afraid to get the blame of losing the series as a captain so stepped back..
And the funniest part is he came out as a water boy just to get media attention :lol
Supporting another team does not make you a less Indian. You are born Indian go ask your parents :) Come and live outside India and you will come to know how much of an "Indian you are"

Yes. Like I said, they want to leave a 7-10 year legacy. Create a work ethic. Also, Kohli's confidence is such that in his head India have already won the series.

His father died when he was 18 years old and still went on to play a match saving inning for Delhi the very next day and saved his side from losing and you are telling me he is not passionate enough to play for his country? Give me a break!

The only reason of him not playing this match would be he is not confident that he will last 5 days and if he breaks down in the middle of the match, India would be clearly at a disadvantage playing with only 10 players.

What if injury gets worse and he can't play fully like it happened in last test ? It's a loss for us. If he was playing kuldeep would be sitting out. And if his injury gets bad, he would be sitting out and we would be playing with 10 players. Don't want to risk it Simple logic.
Clearly they want to set an example of Team>Player(Individual).

Very good start from India this morning. Except for a couple of balls from Cummins, they have been comfortable. The threat of new ball has been negated and the drop from Saha is looking increasingly costly in a game where every runs counts. The lower order axis of Ashwin, Jadeja and Saha is one of India's greatest assets. Similar to what Australia and South Africa had in the past.

Tell you
His father died when he was 18 years old and still went on to play a match saving inning for Delhi the very next day and saved his side from losing and you are telling me he is not passionate enough to play for his country? Give me a break!

The only reason of him not playing this match would be he is not confident that he will last 5 days and if he breaks down in the middle of the match, India would be clearly at a disadvantage playing with only 10 players.

This doesnt make sense at all cuz Kohli himself said he has no issues batting but fielding could be an issue, last I check you had substitute fielders in the event something goes awry. You are speculating just like the others are speculating Kohli chose the IPL.

In the end however he aint playing the fourth test due to a minor injury, the captain making a decision like that is very disgusting and selfish, we all know how great of an attitude Kohli has. I dont solely blame Kohli because the Indians have been brainwashed into thinking T20 cricket is the highest form of the game, its the most profitable financially so the conglomerate style BCCI has place that mentality in the poor Indian heads, Kohli sadly has fallen a victim to the system. Even here on PC I see some of the newer guys holding T20 on a higher pedestal than test cricket.

Graeme Smith several years ago came out to bat with a sore bandaged up thumb and Steve Waugh played out an inns withtout a runner hopping across on a bad leg. Think about what those guys did for their teams! Cant recall the exact matches if anyone does please share.

Clearly they want to set an example of Team>Player(Individual).

Very few test teams have been sucessful in India, even the great Aussies/WI/SA teams have had issues playing against India in India. It was one of the Indians greatest pride and seeing that theyre just letting the possibiltiy of losing this series fly by like its not important is just dissapointing, you all should be ashamed of yourselves for saying Kohli did the right thing by not playing, possibly the best batsman ever out of India and easily top three in the world! Add to the fact you have someone like Rahane captaining the side, he should be concentrating on his batting as its very likely his poor form will get him dropped.

Tell you

Graeme Smith several years ago came out to bat with a sore bandaged up thumb and Steve Waugh played out an inns withtout a runner hopping across on a bad leg. Think about what those guys did for their teams! Cant recall the exact matches if anyone does please share.

They had no other option but to come out to bat because the injuries occurred while playing in the same match (Greame Smith for instance). Even Kumble did the same against West Indies in 2002 came out with bandaged on head.
I am sure Kohli would have done the same in the last test (1st innings had Indian top order failed on the 2nd day 3rd session) considering what he did at a young age when le lost his father.
This is different case altogether he is opting not to play the match itself so that a fitter play can replace him.

Anyway guys enjoy the game gonna be away for the next 48 hrs or so gonna pray to the dark ones for an Indian loss here.

Here is what though the Indians need to take a bow, this pitch is one of the best, balanced pitches Ive seen in international cricket for a good few years.

They had no other option but to come out to bat because the injuries occurred while playing in the same match (Greame Smith for instance). Even Kumble did the same against West Indies in 2002 came out with bandaged on head.
I am sure Kohli would have done the same in the last test (1st innings had Indian top order failed on the 2nd day 3rd session) considering what he did at a young age when le lost his father.
This is different case altogether he is opting not to play the match itself so that a fitter play can replace him.

Dont be naive child no one can replace Virat Kohli, injured on all he is ireplaceable.

Pleasantly surprised how Jadeja has batted in this Test and in the last match. Hope he's started to take his batting seriously and will grow as a batsman.

Very good start from India this morning. Except for a couple of balls from Cummins, they have been comfortable. The threat of new ball has been negated and the drop from Saha is looking increasingly costly in a game where every runs counts. The lower order axis of Ashwin, Jadeja and Saha is one of India's greatest assets. Similar to what Australia and South Africa had in the past.
Fun fact: All 11 players in this Indian lineup has a FC century. However, that doesn't mean they take their batting too seriously though especially Umesh.

Ya, you are reaching there. Just 1 or 2 more to go.

He just got 20+days rest. I will be surprised if he doesn't get fit.

As if you guys won't blame him if he doesn't play.

You know the funniest part ? He was sitting in dressing room drinking water, and he came on TV. Man, what all Kohli does to be on tv ! How can he do that ? He better go and lie on bed as he is injured.

Ya, I can see you.

Very few test teams have been sucessful in India, even the great Aussies/WI/SA teams have had issues playing against India in India. It was one of the Indians greatest pride and seeing that theyre just letting the possibiltiy of losing this series fly by like its not important is just dissapointing, you all should be ashamed of yourselves for saying Kohli did the right thing by not playing, possibly the best batsman ever out of India and easily top three in the world! Add to the fact you have someone like Rahane captaining the side, he should be concentrating on his batting as its very likely his poor form will get him dropped.
I am not ashamed. He did the right thing. He is unfit, he chose not to play.

All those incidents happened during middle of the game. And Kohli did play in the middle of the game in last match. What are you on about lol ? If you want to make a point, make a valid one.

Dont be naive child no one can replace Virat Kohli, injured on all he is ireplaceable.
Thats the poor mentality you posses that no one is replaceable not the team management nor does Kohli itself.Kohli's captaincy and team selection is all about horses for courses and the ploy of playing an extra bowler did worked
His replacement for this was an extra bowler and what he did on debut everyone knows!

Users who are viewing this thread