Australia tour of India (Feb '17/Mar '17)

What will be a good score to defend on this pitch ?

Hmm so I guess it's game on :)

Ashwin`s woken up here. He is looking in much better rhythm than the first innings. We need to wipe this up fast here. I won`t be averse to a spell from Umesh here against Wade. I hope we do not relax because Maxwell is gone.

On another note, does anyone else think Rahane will make for a good overseas captain? He seems very aggressive with his fields and looks for wickets at all times.

Time to get Umesh from one end here and bounce Cummins out. Both Wade and Cummins look comfortable against finger spin. Even Kuldeep now would`nt be a bad move against Cummins.

How come Cummings is able to last 30 balls? Is he a decent bat?

How come Cummings is able to last 30 balls? Is he a decent bat?

He can hit as well. Although Oz are going nowhere atm. Defending unnecessarily. I've always believed that Wade has no cricket sense whatsoever.

I've always believed that Wade has no cricket sense whatsoever.

Be that as it may, he is doing what the other six couldn't - stay at the crease.

What unbearable broadcast we have to tolerate![DOUBLEPOST=1490608802][/DOUBLEPOST]
Be that as it may, he is doing what the other six couldn't - stay at the crease.

Yes. Staying at the crease is vital over here. If he can bat till stumps in this manner and it can rain for most of Day 4 and Day 5, Australia can snag a draw over here.

What unbearable broadcast we have to tolerate![DOUBLEPOST=1490608802][/DOUBLEPOST]

Yes. Staying at the crease is vital over here. If he can bat till stumps in this manner and it can rain for most of Day 4 and Day 5, Australia can snag a draw over here.
The pitch will get difficult to bat on as it progresses. meaning, the longer they bat, they will get some runs and India would have to bat in much difficult surface. They are doing the best thing they can- to bat as much as possible.

Staying at the crease is vital over here

By staying, he is:
  1. Tiring the bowlers out
  2. Getting his eye in so that he can score freely later
  3. Frustrating Indians
  4. Which in turn will result in loose deliveries
  5. What @zwarrior said
It's not rocket science. IT is the need of the hour.

By staying, he is:
  1. Tiring the bowlers out
  2. Getting his eye in so that he can score freely later
  3. Frustrating Indians
  4. Which in turn will result in loose deliveries
  5. What @zwarrior said
It's not rocket science. IT is the need of the hour.

This is not Day 4. It's Day 3. Time is not a factor, runs are. Blocking and prodding will ultimately lead to a delivery with your name on it. You can be defensive and yet be positive. The pitch has shown time and again, you need to score. In out fields mean 1's are always on offer. One day of bowling hasn't tired the Indians and they've barely bowled here.

For argument's sake you can note down points upto 100. It doesn't matter.[DOUBLEPOST=1490609595][/DOUBLEPOST]Well, there you go. Anyone who has seen Cummins will know he's someone who can hit a long ball. It's why Starc is so effective. He plays his natural game.

Users who are viewing this thread