Bangladesh Tri-Series

Even Raina is a big hitter.I was watching the ICC 2004 U-19 World Cup match between India and Scotland. Raina blasted 91 in 37 deliveries against that attack. Pretty good.

Yusuf Pathan-I think he'll come at No.3 in the next match.

Nah, Dhoni sent him in to expose him to international cricket. He gave Pathan enough time to get settled and build an innings rather than force him to haphazardly throw it away in the dying overs on his debut (which would have had a negative influence on his confidence).

Negative impact on him !
Well,here you have a guy who was asked to open for India in the ICC World T20 Finals against arch-rivals Pakistan. I doubt that Yusuf would have been under any pressure.

Raina should have come up there, but Yusuf got the chance. May be had he come down, Dhoni would have thought that he might not get the chance to bat..

Yusuf is too good, and should be given more chances.

I think we messed up a perfect opportunity for a BIG score here, 400+.

Nevertheless, a good win.

pakistan really missed someone like a razzaq today.

Pakistan's biggest problem looked to be the extras column. 38 in an ODI is FAR too many. Compare that to India's. Sure it was less overs, but no wides or no-balls in 35.5 overs. They need to improve on that. (Of course that wasn't the only problem) Not disciplined enough bowling.

You know-the commentators suck. Rameez is the only good guy out there. I'm pretty sure that the others must have misunderstood Lawson :p

Pakistan's biggest problem looked to be the extras column. 38 in an ODI is FAR too many. Compare that to India's. Sure it was less overs, but no wides or no-balls in 35.5 overs. They need to improve on that. (Of course that wasn't the only problem) Not disciplined enough bowling.
Yeah, seems clear that they bowled badly, even with what has to be a lifeless surface. They didn't handle the pressure after that, but they would certainly have batted differently with 50 less to chase.

now this makes me wonder if pakistan lost by 140 runs what will happen to bangladesh? india will simply smack bangladesh no doubt about that...

You know-the commentators suck. Rameez is the only good guy out there. I'm pretty sure that the others must have misunderstood Lawson :p

You're right most commentators are horrible in this series. Even some of the anchors such as Ajay Jadeja were horrible in the IPL and so was Ranjit Fernando. Commentary standards can improve by leaps and bounds be it IPL or even International cricket

Dont mention Ranjit Fernando here.

You're right most commentators are horrible in this series. Even some of the anchors such as Ajay Jadeja were horrible in the IPL and so was Ranjit Fernando. Commentary standards can improve by leaps and bounds be it IPL or even International cricket

World over-you have the same commentators. It only when you get ESPN-Star Sports ,that you have a different team.

Users who are viewing this thread