Bangladesh v India - 2 Test Matches, January 2010

TumTum

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
India would be hoping to not get a flat pitch, because if the Test is a draw, India will go sliding down the ratings faster than you can say cheese :)

A 2-0 win for India will mean nothing in the rankings :laugh

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
India would be hoping to not get a flat pitch, because if the Test is a draw, India will go sliding down the ratings faster than you can say cheese :)

A 2-0 win for India will mean nothing in the rankings :laugh
Even on the flattest of flat pitches, India should be looking to win comfortably. Anything short of that and clearly they don't deserve to be number 1 in the rankings.

PotterManiac

School Cricketer
I agree. But Cricket is a funny game isnt it? Bangladesh has the capability to upset big teams in the limited overs format but what about in tests? :)

TumTum

International Cricketer
Well Bangladesh surprised Australia in 2006 1st Test (in the 16 Test win record).

Who says they can't do it to India?

PotterManiac

School Cricketer
Hmm I forgot about that! I wouldnt want to see them upset India...oh not after that disastrous WC 07.

PotterManiac

School Cricketer
Yeah...thats why I asked whether Bangladesh are capable of upsets in test matches...Well, the probability is small...but yeah, India is World No.1! :happy

mdoggie

Club Cricketer
You never know with sport. It would be awesome if they did upset India, for both the reactions of the Indians and well Bangladesh not losing. Though I wouldn't bet a rand on this not being a whitewash.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Well Bangladesh surprised Australia in 2006 1st Test (in the 16 Test win record).

Who says they can't do it to India?
First of all, that was 3 years ago.

Secondly, Australia failed against Mohammad Rafique who (a) is a spinner and (b) is retired.

Causing an upset in Test cricket is a lot harder and requires the luck to go your way 5 days of the week. Bangladesh shouldn't have a chance in hell, but if they do somehow win, it basically means that India doesn't deserve to be named one of the top teams in world cricket. If you want to be a top team in world cricket, you can't lose to Bangladesh. Australia ended up beating Bangladesh 2-0, even after the luck went against them for most of the match.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
I hope to god we don't see a full strength side. I know Sachin is aging and wants to play every test he can, but hopefully he and the other big names in our team take a break and let some youngsters prove their mettle.

Gautam Gambhir (C)
Murali Vijay
S Badrinath
Manoj Tiwary
Chet Pujara
Dinesh Karthik (wk)
Abhishek Nayar
Irfan Pathan (22 wickets at 18 captaining the Baroda side, lets see what he can do!)
Zaheer Khan
Praggy Ojha
Amit Mishra

Zak could be captain too.
4 test debutants lol, that will never happen.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
I hope to god we don't see a full strength side. I know Sachin is aging and wants to play every test he can, but hopefully he and the other big names in our team take a break and let some youngsters prove their mettle.

Gautam Gambhir (C)
Murali Vijay
S Badrinath
Manoj Tiwary
Chet Pujara
Dinesh Karthik (wk)
Abhishek Nayar
Irfan Pathan (22 wickets at 18 captaining the Baroda side, lets see what he can do!)
Zaheer Khan
Praggy Ojha
Amit Mishra

Zak could be captain too.
4 test debutants lol, that will never happen.

What are you talking about... VVS and Dravid absolutely have to play this series. It's beyond unfair on them that they get hardly any cricket to play.

P

pcfan123

Absolutely no chance of an upset. Maybe in 2020 and even less likely in ODI but over 5 days the better team will win 99% of the time.

I would be amazed if they even managed to draw a test.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors

Users who are viewing this thread