Bangladesh v India - 2 Test Matches, January 2010

Its funny how everyone is saying how India failed in 1st innings and most of those people are supporters of England team. Whats more funny is that England started the game of cricket and never won a single major cup. This is what signals that it is time to stop wasting time in cricket and move on to some other sport. Moving on to other sport is better than being hit for 6 sixes in an over by Yuvraj!! Also, isn't Sachin part of the team? he still hung around around and took India to 243. We are still missing Dhoni who can score against any team. if he was there, him and Sachin would have got over 200 runs partnership.

SaiSrini said:
Well had India batted very well on Day 1 and was on 350 odd for 1, people would have said "Sehwag proved right in his words" or something like that.

I wouldn't have supported Sehwag's statement no matter what the situation might have been. There is no need to play with fire, when you know that you can burn your hand anytime. As a skipper, I expect him to show a little more prudence in front of the media.

But let me clear the air again. As I've already stated, I'm not an India-basher, or a guy who makes fun of every poor performance coming from our players. I'm an Indian supporter top to bottom, and as an Indian supporter, I wanted the Bangladeshis to bring some of our players, who were apparently wallowing with self-complacency, down to the earth, for the sake of the team's future! And now that the Bangladeshis have successfully done it, I'm back cheering for MSD's boys, who have again started giving their hundred percent on the field, which is a damn good sign!

I wouldn't have supported Sehwag's statement no matter what the situation might have been. There is no need to play with fire, when you know that you can burn your hand anytime. As a skipper, I expect him to show a little more prudence in front of the media.
Was he named as skipper yet? I thought Dhoni pulled out at the last moment, but I'm not sure about the timeline.

Besides, Sehwag has made such comments before. Before one of the previous editions of the Asia Cup he claimed that the series could see a 200 scored, implying the contest between top opposition (Pakistan, India, Sri Lanka) and weaker opposition (Hong Kong, UAE). He then hit the worst rut of form in his career.

Too much has been made of Sehwag statement. If Bangladesh had played India on tracks where SL test series was held, India would have batted for all 5 days if they wanted.

India hardly plays well against poor opposition. Its a fact and every Indian fan knows that.

Its funny how everyone is saying how India failed in 1st innings and most of those people are supporters of England team. Whats more funny is that England started the game of cricket and never won a single major cup. This is what signals that it is time to stop wasting time in cricket and move on to some other sport. Moving on to other sport is better than being hit for 6 sixes in an over by Yuvraj!! Also, isn't Sachin part of the team? he still hung around around and took India to 243. We are still missing Dhoni who can score against any team. if he was there, him and Sachin would have got over 200 runs partnership.

Firstly, I think you will find it's people of all nations suporting Bangladesh here not just England so stop trying to cause a fight there and this is more down to Sehwag acting like an arrogant prick to the press and then having that smug smile wiped of his face by the Bangla bowlers. Anyway, how is one day cricket even any comparison to test cricket? Plus, considering the Cricket World Cup begin in 1975 (and that was the first major ODI tournament) the fact that England was one of the first nations to start playing cricket is irrelevant. And mentioning six sixes by Yuvraj which was in a 20/20 is just fecking thick as once again (in case you haven't noticed) this thread is about test cricket. The fact that you say Dhoni and Sachin would have put on 200 is also pretty stupid as unless you are pyschic and the fact that India have far better batsmen like Gambhir, Dravid and Laxman who all epically failed, why would Dhoni have been any different?

In fact. Why the hell did you even bring England into the topic? God, you are such a little troll always looking for fights. Jeezo, no one has even mentioned England till you did :facepalm

Talk about blind faith and ignorance...:sarcasm

Wonder where the master of 6x6 was in this test. How come he didn't hit 6x6 and save his team against the ordinary team. I guess the reason he didn't do it was because when it comes to a real test of cricketing ability (a test match) he is a major fail.

Too much has been made of Sehwag statement. If Bangladesh had played India on tracks where SL test series was held, India would have batted for all 5 days if they wanted.

India hardly plays well against poor opposition. Its a fact and every Indian fan knows that.

Let me get this straight - you are saying India are flat-track bullies who can bat well on a pitch that offers nothing to the bowlers ?

Geez, talk about damning with faint praise.

Ian Whitchurch

Last edited:

How has a tard like this never been banned? Same ████ everytime and yet he's still here. Him and RDF try and start crap all the time which has only made this forum worse and worse over the past two or three months and I'm sure I'm not the only person that has noticed this. PC has become nothing but a place where race wars start at every chance and I for one can't be screwed posting here anymore as it feels like an actual waste of time.

:doh

That is so irrelevant it's not even funny. Completely agree with Howsie, the only thing he gives to the forum is massive flame wars.

How has a tard like this never been banned? Same ████ everytime and yet he's still here. Him and RDF try and start crap all the time which has only made this forum worse and worse over the past two or three months and I'm sure I'm not the only person that has noticed this. PC has become nothing but a place where race wars start at every chance and I for one can't be screwed posting here anymore as it feels like an actual waste of time.

These wars start because of:

1. Racist or homophobic comments
2. Making a personal attack

For me, I won't start slagging off another member because of their views on the cricket or players ect. But if they want to get personal, and make an attack on me, they can expect to hear something back. "Turn the other cheek" doesn't work with cowards who try to bully others.

so far a Scottish, West Indian, IanW, Kiwi and Oz commented on that, hardly has anything to do with England.

May be it's because now days some of the Indian fans are becoming more and more arrogant with teams success and becoming most hated around the world? You guys are making decent guys like King, ZZ, Suran, Binnu, Cricketman and others look bad.

its like Indian team, 1 side with gentleman like Dravid, Sachin, VVX and on the other side fools like Sehwag, the Singhs, Sre...

i am only stating the fact that we all see...

Last edited:

Yes Yes Yes :thumbs

I miss Hooper tbh :laugh

TumTum added 1 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...

I blame the moderation. The two most active mods in Cricket Chat are Indian, I'll leave it at that...

And one of them is Cricketman, that explains everything :laugh

Users who are viewing this thread