Bangladesh v India - 2 Test Matches, January 2010

Owzat,

I'm interested at your recent posting history - especially your large amount of STFU when Iqbal and Kayes were rolling.

Test cricket, it's meant to be hard.

Ian Whitchurch

IanW added 0 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

Macloving,

Because, in the umpires opinion, the light was good enough to bat in. And in my view, there was a loose shot to the wrong ball, and some darn good bowling to take those 3 wickets.

Ian Whitchurch

Ian Whitchurch,

I would like to know if you are from the 17th Century or in anyway related to the British Empire.

Kartik

Ian Whitchurch,

I would like to know if you are from the 17th Century or in anyway related to the British Empire.

Kartik

*thinks that he's watching cricket rather than practicing rapier and dagger*

17th is a little late ;)

But I do know that cricket is a fine game, and too fine a game to be spoiled by certain tactics, unthinking barracking or abuse of fine gentlemen who have chosen to spend their time opposing your team.

Ian Whitchurch

55 overs left. and it looks like 8 in the evening out there

*thinks that he's watching cricket rather than practicing rapier and dagger*

17th is a little late ;)

But I do know that cricket is a fine game, and too fine a game to be spoiled by certain tactics, unthinking barracking or abuse of fine gentlemen who have chosen to spend their time opposing your team.

Ian Whitchurch

At this point even Tony Blair Gets up and says "Am Outta Here!!"

Kudos to Bangladesh for showing Sehwag that they aren't really an "ordinary" side. Well, from the comments I made yesterday, some might draw a conclusion that I'm an India-basher. But that isn't the case at all. I was just annoyed at the way Sehwag spoke to the media, and wanted our opponents to give our players a reality check. We badly needed the jolt we received yesterday, tbh. It's hardly a month since we became the table-toppers, but some of our batsmen have already become so goddamn self-complacent. Such approach won't help us, if we want to maintain the consistency we've shown for a long time. The great collapse we experienced yesterday can actually be a blessing in disguise. At least from now onwards our batsmen will shake off the previous overconfidence, and give their hundred percent on the field irrespective of the opposition. That will indeed be a great thing for this side's future!!

And now that we've learnt our lesson, I'm back cheering for the Indian team. So, the responsibility is on our bowlers ATM to prove Surender wrong, and show that they are decent enough for the international level. I could catch most part of the game this morning. It's a pity that they had to call-off the play just when our bowlers were looking pretty lethal. But never mind. We'll settle our scores with Bangladesh after the break. Go India!

Last edited:
And I don't see why Sehwag is being criticised. It's not as if his own performance was poor, he treated the bowlers like the way he had mentioned.

Finally someone says it. :happy:happy

He was just being honest and straight-forward. India might as well win this test and also the series comprehensively. And its not Sehwag's fault if the batsmen failed. He batted the way he does. And he's leading the team quite well

Last edited:
rahuldravidfan said:
He was just being honest and straight-forward.

But it was a totally unnecessary remark, which triggered unneeded controversies! And it sent a wrong wrong message to the followers of this sport across the globe. Candour doesn't always help you, especially when you're holding a responsible post like that of a side's captain. Sehwag should learn how to manage the media, which is like an explosive that might ignite anytime, in case of poor handling.

But it was a totally unnecessary remark, which triggered unneeded controversies! And it sent a wrong wrong message to the followers of this sport across the globe. Candour doesn't always help you, especially when you're holding a responsible post like that of a side's captain. Sehwag should learn how to manage the media, which is like an explosive that might ignite anytime, in case of poor handling.

It's not about managing the media, it's about managing the opposition.

Sehwag, because he can't keep his trap shut, unneccessarily upset at least one of the opposition fast bowlers.

Saying crap like "just being honest and straight-forward" is just rampant fanboi-ism.

Right now, you have one of two choices.

You can either say 'Sehwag stuffed up, and Bangladesh arent an ordinary side'.

Or you can say 'This India side can be dismissed for less than 250 by an ordinary side'.

Which is it ?

Ian Whitchurch

It's not about managing the media, it's about managing the opposition.

Sehwag, because he can't keep his trap shut, unneccessarily upset at least one of the opposition fast bowlers.

Saying crap like "just being honest and straight-forward" is just rampant fanboi-ism.

Right now, you have one of two choices.

You can either say 'Sehwag stuffed up, and Bangladesh arent an ordinary side'.

Or you can say 'This India side can be dismissed for less than 250 by an ordinary side'.

Which is it ?

Ian Whitchurch

Option 3 : how about just STFU and move on ?

Because to the depths of my Aristotlean soul, B is either A or not A.

Now, which is it ?

Yes. Media is dangerous. But someone like Viru can actually back his stuff up. Two sessions and an average Bangladesh reply later, I think Viru's got his tail up. And I can't really wait to watch him in the next inning.

Has someone noticed, Shakib hasn't really hit back much at Viru. This, in a way, shows that Viru can say what he wants to, prove it with the bat (if not this inng, atleast in the past he has) and leave the opposition with nothing much to say really. Bangladesh is a good team. But beating an Indian team which boasts of the best batters and a great bowling line-up is for asking too much.

Yes. Media is dangerous. But someone like Viru can actually back his stuff up. Two sessions and an average Bangladesh reply later, I think Viru's got his tail up. And I can't really wait to watch him in the next inning.

Has someone noticed, Shakib hasn't really hit back much at Viru. This, in a way, shows that Viru can say what he wants to, prove it with the bat (if not this inng, atleast in the past he has) and leave the opposition with nothing much to say really. Bangladesh is a good team. But beating an Indian team which boasts of the best batters and a great bowling line-up is for asking too much.

Yea, because Shakib actually has some class unlike Sehwag. Instead of opening his mouth he just got him out as soon as he came on to bowl.

Has someone noticed, Shakib hasn't really hit back much at Viru.

V Sehwag* c Tamim Iqbal b Shakib Al Hasan

Me, I'd count that as hitting back, in the best of all possible manners.

If I was inclined to whine and make excuses, I'd also point ou that the light being offered just after several wickets may indicate that batting conditions may possibly have been a little murky. But I'm not - it was two good balls and one bad shot that took the Tigers from none for fifty to three for fifty nine.

Yea, because Shakib actually has some class unlike Sehwag. Instead of opening his mouth he just got him out as soon as he came on to bowl.

Taking about "class" is saying a bit too much really. Google their rowdy celebrations and comments in the media after they ousted India from the 2007 WC.

V Sehwag* c Tamim Iqbal b Shakib Al Hasan

I would actually rate Iqbal's catch higher than Shakib's delivery. It was not a wicket-taking delivery. No one really bowls a wicket-taking delivery to Sehwag. He converts them into one.

Having said that, it was nice to see a lil give and take. Good for cricket. I'm sure Sehwag would love to prove his opinion right, which is great for India and Bangladesh would like to prove him wrong, which is great for Bangladesh

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread