CGPv7 + IRCSU(v2) Released!!!, Download Now And Enjoy...

Boss ur a really a Boss of making patches. The CGPv3 is the best so far. Evrything is perfect according to what i noticed. Man keep it up. ur the best :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise

Boss I tried your ptch. Batting is lot more technical and fun. Backfoot shots have been tweaked and dont go into air all the time. But with bowling I am still to get the elusive LBW. I want so bad the CPU to miss a ball due to swing and get caught in front. But still not happening. Over all a great patch,
By the way has any one out there got an lbw against cpu with this patch.

Thank u all for u'r app and comm!, i hope that most of u have a go at the patch right now and may expect u'r finest rev/comm soon...

***(Abt the LBW: it is not pretty easy to get the CPU-LBW, though there is a good chance of bowled/C&B/B&B etc ATM. Coz, whenever i change that important config, that get worst, the CPU/We can't pick the ball, and the team bundled out for forgettable runs.(basically none!). i'll prove that in upcoming Fun-Bonus Patch. In btw we can get the CPU-LBW from spinners now and then. U know with the limited AI specs, am afraid that there is not more chance than this. At the time being, working on more to get the res. let us see what will be in the store in near future.)

Hope u all enjoy the rest of the aspects with CGPv3... :cheers

Boss

Thanks for your response man. The rest with your patch is fine. I am playing a test and could muster a paltry 200 and australia are 72-1. The cpu plays intelligently and is dam hard to dislodge.
Great patch.

sami ullah khan said:
By the way has any one out there got an lbw against cpu with this patch.

Yes!!!!!!! I got one with Giles tonight :)

Hey Boss,

Nice patch ... again! The batting has improved since v2rr ... I didn't think it was possible :eek: So far I have played two 50 over ODI's. I always play on hard difficulty - without AI patches hard is NOT hard! Managed to win both matches, but it was a little harder than v2. The main thing I noticed was that the CPU is a lot more aggressive. I could still get wickets with the same balls but the CPU would get a lot more runs in between the wickets falling. Batting was a bit tougher too.

I have also just started a 4-day match, I am England v Western Australia. Batting seems much harder. Obviously I am going to need more patience. Timing the ball seems very hard in unlimited overs. Will play some more unlimited overs games and report back.

The only thing I think really needs work is the outfield pacing. Still too fast. It doesn't need to be as slow as Satish's [edit]v3[/edit] outfields, probably somewhere in between his & where yours are now.

This patch has taken the game to a new level. I was starting to find it too easy to beat the CPU in v2.

Thanks for your hard work. It really is appreciated by a lot of ppl :cool: :cool: :cool:
:clap :clap :clap

Last edited:
hey boss great patch i think its the best i've played on cricket 2005

but as i have just recently installed C2005 my bowlers get smashed in 50 over game like after 14 overs South Africa were 112/2 against me, i don't know whether its my lack of experience with C2005 or your patch

but anyway great patch keep it up

Just magic boss. Batting has everything that one wants. Leg glance is very good and also flick to sqare leg can now get you runs. Most importantly bowling needs more tweaking specially under good bowling. I played a match of 50 overs on green pitch and still no big swing for the bowlers. No Lbw's for me. But a lot's of bowled.
And rare seen of stumps flying.
rearcase4cl.jpg

rearcase31rm.jpg

This is the first time i am able to dislodge the stumps off the ground all because of your latest patch.

replies on 17.10.05, 9.15 p.m. IST

sami said:
Thanks for your response man. The rest with your patch is fine. I am playing a test and could muster a paltry 200 and australia are 72-1. The cpu plays intelligently and is dam hard to dislodge.
Great patch.

thank u for u'r comm and app sami!. definitely!, the CPU pacing and stroke selection were changed for good in v3, thus the result i hope.

gonzo said:
Yes!!!!!!! I got one with Giles tonight

Hey Boss,

Nice patch ... again! The batting has improved since v2rr ... I didn't think it was possible So far I have played two 50 over ODI's. I always play on hard difficulty - without AI patches hard is NOT hard! Managed to win both matches, but it was a little harder than v2. The main thing I noticed was that the CPU is a lot more aggressive. I could still get wickets with the same balls but the CPU would get a lot more runs in between the wickets falling. Batting was a bit tougher too.

I have also just started a 4-day match, I am England v Western Australia. Batting seems much harder. Obviously I am going to need more patience. Timing the ball seems very hard in unlimited overs. Will play some more unlimited overs games and report back.

The only thing I think really needs work is the outfield pacing. Still too fast. It doesn't need to be as slow as Satish's [edit]v3[/edit] outfields, probably somewhere in between his & where yours are now.

This patch has taken the game to a new level. I was starting to find it too easy to beat the CPU in v2.

Thanks for your hard work. It really is appreciated by a lot of ppl

thank u very much for u'r comm and app!. nice rev this one!.

*Ya!, exactly this is what am pointing out abt the LBW. atm is possible to get few from the spinners and will really looking forward to other options on how to get LBW from fast men.

**definitely u need to spend a bit more time in test matches than odis for getting use of the condition.

***will look to tweak the outfield conditions to as real as possible in upcoming patches.

jazz said:
hey boss great patch i think its the best i've played on cricket 2005

but as i have just recently installed C2005 my bowlers get smashed in 50 over game like after 14 overs South Africa were 112/2 against me, i don't know whether its my lack of experience with C2005 or your patch

but anyway great patch keep it up

thank u jazz for u'r app and fb. hope u've grt time with v3. think u're playing with correct configs as so many of'em (mine also have 6 configs).

*now-a-days it's normal to see such a score line.(114/2 in 14 overs), isn't it?. Basically, on hard/normal/dusty pitches u can see the kind of score u see coz after the field spreads out, the CPU scoring may be affected. so the early aggression and then normal sailing till the slog overs, and then "boom"! :D(particularly if wickets in the hand. for eg: when i played a match btw IND v PAK(CPU), they have 6 wickets in the hand for the last 7 overs and Razzaq&co solidly scored 70 runs in that, so the score blasting from 245 to 315.)

saurabh said:
Just magic boss. Batting has everything that one wants. Leg glance is very good and also flick to sqare leg can now get you runs. Most importantly bowling needs more tweaking specially under good bowling. I played a match of 50 overs on green pitch and still no big swing for the bowlers. No Lbw's for me. But a lot's of bowled.
And rare seen of stumps flying.

nice to hear from u saurabh and also thank u for u'r app and f/b. Grt screen shot u put up here, cheers! :cheers, real site, isn't it?, mid stump flying over..., (is it Ntini to Mccullum?).

*Abt the swing: swing is evident in green and normal pitches. few balls are swinging more at good length! (oopsy!,sorry! :D ). But am assuming that fine bowlers can do that regularly than the average bowlers!, (not only swing, but also spin!).

**yap!, as i suggested yesterday, its tough to get the LBW from the fast bowlers with the limited configs and other things. we need optimised play, thus the LBW sacrifice for now. as soon as i find something useful abt it, will surely update soon.

amit bansal said:
great work

thank u amit for u'r app.

Will look forward to see more and more rev/comm/fb abt v3, waiting eagerly.....

Boss

Last edited:
Hey Boss...........ur the man

i played wid ur patch its jus the best u can get...everyone.

jus couple of things i d like to see in future patches:

1) the backfoot drive is perfect direction vise but could u get some more power init and also some ball physics in to consideration. i mean when u hit the back foot cover drive the ball is suppose to be kinda a bouncing. i hope u get what am i trying to say.

2) the back foot square cut and back foot advance square cut, can u make them like more playable. bcos i noticed on ur patch that when i try to wack the ball for square cut the ball always misses the bat by few inches up or down. i tried even in the nets but dosent connect. i would say out of ten tries only 2 i connected. Is it possible for u to change the bats reachabilityor expands te bats connection area to connect. according to the ball bounce. i hope u understand what i mean. Bcos when i used Sid's patch he had kinda adjusted something that made the ball connect the bat more often. he had did it for all the shots but i want u to do it only for the square cut, advance square cut, hook, pull, and advance six shots of hook and pull.

3) and also make the bowlers bowl short.

thats it .......... :D

one more time....ur the Boss....... :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise

Hey Boss,

Glad you liked my review :)

I've experimented a little bit more with unlimited overs games and I think I have identified the only real drawback there. Playing international level Tests is great, but playing against a domestic team is no fun. The reason is the bowling.

If I understand correctly (and it's entirely possible that I don't), the only way to get the variation in line and length from the CPU at the moment is to increase the bowling cursor size. This is fine for the top line bowlers, but the B grade bowlers end up bowling a lot of wides (like 3-5 an over) or balls that are out of reach on the off side (but not wide 'cos it's not a ODI) or unplayable down leg. And because the batting is now so much more challenging (which is excellent :)) you can't go after the balls which are very wide of off stump without either:

a) missing and losing confidence - if you managed to build some up under these impossible circumstances. I certainly couldn't get past 2 bars without dropping back to zero, or;

b) getting out caught behind or at point.

It's very frustrating after an over of balls that can't be played (but were not quite wide enough to be called by the umpire) to hear Richie say, "That was a good over for [team name]" when the over was complete $#17.

The worst thing about this is that it's much easier to score runs against a team like India or Australia than a domestic team like Western Australia :eek: And this is simply because the international bowlers bowl playable balls because they are accurate while the domestic bowlers are too inaccurate for the large cursor.

My workaround for now will simply be to Autoplay any domestic unlimited overs games on International tours. But I pity anyone who wants to play County or Pura Cup, etc.

Anyway, this is not a complaint, just feedback. I love the patch for everything except this. I also know that if we want the challenging and varied CPU bowling at International level there is not a lot you can do about this because the cursor size has to be large.

Thanks again for another great patch
:cool:

P.S. Thought I should add that v3 has taken over as my favourite patch ... from v2rr :D :D :D

Last edited:
An update on the domestic team situation:

Just finished the 1st inningses in the game against WA that I was not having much fun with. I was playing as England, batting first and I was 4/84 at almost tea break of the 1st day. So I autoplayed my innings. All out for 183 on the morning of the 2nd day.

Changed configs and started to bowl. OMFG!!! The screenshot says it all.

wascorecard7yf.gif

Seems as though the CPU has a harder time batting too! 3 Australian batsmen in this team. Every one of them bowled. I did not stop and reload at any time, just bowled right through :eek:

5 of Hoggard's 7 wickets were taken with a slow ball yorker just short enough for the batsman to come forward. Ball under toe of bat and it's all over. The other two were a misplayed hook: ball hit batsman and fell onto stumps, and the other was a fast yorker.

Flintoff's wickets: 1 fast yorker and two outswingers pitched on leg (which cut back towards both left handers) which went through the gate on attempted drives.

Seems as though the yorker is finally an effective delivery. Nice Boss! Very nice :happy :happy :happy

This certainly made up for the hard time I had batting against the domestic team. I will be interested to see how my bowlers go against Australia.

Hi Boss, really nice patch but in my pursuit of a realistic not just fun game here is a few comments/suggestions for future patches. I always play international test matches on hard because I like the challenge, and I always auto-bowl because even with your tweaking I still find the bowling utterly boring, so these comments is only relevant to hard test match batting and not on anything else.

I agree with gonzo99 about what he says about bowling. For me I like the variation because you can play lots of nice shots, but I basically win all of my matches very easily on hard because there is no line and length bowling and I always score at 6+ an over. Each ball feels as if it is bowled randomly with no plan and with the good bowlers it just makes that they are in reach of your batsman (and not wides) and that you can hit nice shots all over the place witch is fun, it is just not hard test match cricket where you have to sweat for each run. My suggestion is that for the hard test match setting that you make the bowling circle smaller (not as small as the original) so that the better bowlers can have more control over where they bowl while still giving occasional variation outside off-stump and only occasionally bowl a bad ball etc.

At the moment I score a lot of shots on the leg side as the bowlers all bowl a lot of leg side balls. I guess it is also because of the above mentioned bowling circle problem.

I also score a lot of runs hitting back foot (and front foot) 6-shots over point and cover, that makes that my batsman confidence builds up quickly and then all the rest of the shots gets easier as well, so again no chance for any pressure to build up and I score at a huge rate. Can you please make those shots much harder to play, or make the fielding team adjust their field to counter this. I know it is proper and fun shots, but with the fast bowlers bowling short and wide so often it makes the game just way to easy. I also really like what you have done with the ground strokes where you really have to build up your confidence before they batsman starts piercing the field, so you have to slowly build and innings, but with hitting over the top so often it counters that. Hope I make sense here.

My last comments are just on small issues, I don?t know if you can do anything about it. Why if you play Australia for example, they very often bowl guys like Simon Katich and Michael Clarke before they bowl with Shane Warne witch is obviously their first choice slow bowler. I just find it a bit strange. I also find it strange that they will for instance bowl a fast bowler, like Brett Lee continuously for like 15 overs, go for lunch and just continue with him, and not bowl with their other bowlers.

My last comment is just on the close fielders around the batsman (silly mid, back-pad) as a batsman I have never been dismissed being caught out close (apart from slip and keeper). I just think it is a waste of fielders, I know it looks authentic and all but in the context of the game, it doesn?t play any role.

Thanks again for all your hard work and willingness to take our comments into account in pursuit of a more authentic and fun game.

gonzo99 said:
An update on the domestic team situation:

Just finished the 1st inningses in the game against WA that I was not having much fun with. I was playing as England, batting first and I was 4/84 at almost tea break of the 1st day. So I autoplayed my innings. All out for 183 on the morning of the 2nd day.

Changed configs and started to bowl. OMFG!!! The screenshot says it all.

wascorecard7yf.gif

Seems as though the CPU has a harder time batting too! 3 Australian batsmen in this team. Every one of them bowled. I did not stop and reload at any time, just bowled right through :eek:

5 of Hoggard's 7 wickets were taken with a slow ball yorker just short enough for the batsman to come forward. Ball under toe of bat and it's all over. The other two were a misplayed hook: ball hit batsman and fell onto stumps, and the other was a fast yorker.

Flintoff's wickets: 1 fast yorker and two outswingers pitched on leg (which cut back towards both left handers) which went through the gate on attempted drives.

Seems as though the yorker is finally an effective delivery. Nice Boss! Very nice :happy :happy :happy

This certainly made up for the hard time I had batting against the domestic team. I will be interested to see how my bowlers go against Australia.

Yeah i also got more bowled then caught 9:1 ratio.But not on that low score.
The CPU chaseing 272 in 50 overs could only manage 250 of just 35 overs on Hard pitch.
Most wickets by Left arm spinner (N.Boje)

Users who are viewing this thread