IPL Chennai Super Kings | #WhistlePodu

I don't think we (CSK) have got the best team in IPL, but all our players are in top form.
That's the reason of CSK rocking in last 3 matches :yes

Whats the definition of a "best team"? If by best team, you mean players who have big reputations, I disagree with that. To me, the best team is the team that has the best balance for all conditions and any kind of strategy that the opposition throws at you. In that scenario, CSK have the best balanced team for all conditions. And of course, the best team is also a team where the players perform well.

From the IPL so far, CSK have been the best performing side this season, with very less chinks. The only issue (of Aparajith vs Manhas) is something that people who know Aparajith more, have to say. For the world though, Manhas is more experienced. Punjab have rode on Maxwell and Miller's heroics, RCB have rode on sparks of brilliance from Kohli/Yuvraj, etc, other teams have been heavily inconsistent.

Punjab have rode on Maxwell and Miller's heroics

Punjab defended a below par score of 130 against KKR. And destroyed RCB's famed batting lineup. So yeah not just Maxwell and Miller :P

Errr, has Punjab lost any match in this season yet?

I didn't see Maxwell or Miller performing in the last 2 matches for Punjab.

When I said "CSK are the best performing side of the season", I was stressing on the word "side" (I should have bolded it). Punjab have primarily rode through Maxwell and Miller's heroics. Yeah their last two games didn't have significant contributions from these two, but still their majority of their wins are orchestrated by Maxwell/Miller.

For CSK, everything is working and you cant say we are winning only because of this guy, only because of this bowler, etc. Smith, McCullum, Raina, Dhoni, Mohit, Pandey, Jadeja all have contributed to our wins so far. No huge heroics, but good consistent performances from most of our players. That's what I meant.

P.s: Also I wrote that post before today's game for Punjab (vs RCB).

To me, the best team is the team that has the best balance for all conditions and any kind of strategy that the opposition throws at you. In that scenario, CSK have the best balanced team for all conditions.
To me, all teams are balanced and equal(except Rajasthan royals).

CSK has the best winning percentage in ipl history.
Now don't say that CSK had the best balanced team for all 6 editions.

For me all sides look pretty well balanced except Mumbai Indians. They have many players at the wrong end of their career and also they are unable to accomodate Mike Hussey in their X1 but still they persist with him.

very happy to see csk batting and bowling in UAE leg

If CSK continue doing well in India, other teams will seriously start fearing the prospect of facing CSK. And I do expect CSK to continue their form into India (apart from probably the first game or two, due to change in country/reajusting to new conditions with the crowds and all).

CSK v KXIP 2nd Time:

Dhoni: It is Pay Back Time....;)
Bailey: Sorry, cheque bounced...:p

Punjab won by 44 runs

Users who are viewing this thread