Classic Mafia 03 - Endgame - Mafia(thedon5 and MaD) win!

Oh boy... that's a lucky hit for the mafia. I haven't played classic mafia in ages but todays lynch is essential

Dammit:(. This game is now going to have a completely different make-up to the previous one due to the kill and the fact that we have no doctor. It's important to remember a few things. It's better for the cop not to out today as they will just be killed overnight with no doc to protect them, and as we saw in the last game, it will be very helpful to have the cop on day 2 as it could pretty much give us the win on a platter.

Hedger killed me! :p Oops I shouldn't speak :( miss playing out again. If anyone goes inactive, give me a knock at my door.

No offence but why the fearsome tweak would the mafia have targeted Yash in the first place...

----------

I'm not playing so I can talk :)
Dude, there were six odd guys and you get no clue about anyone on Night 0. It was any day a better option as I was having a major role which could make/break the game that's why I asked Yudi about it.

Damn, the doctor getting killed on Night 0 is a very big loss. The cop shouldn't be out for obvious reasons and I guess this time as well the cop investigated someone and the one turned out to be a town.

This is MyLo so maybe if the cop has found someone last night, he should come out? The sacrifice may be worth is since you don't have to be alive to win?

No offence but why the fearsome tweak would the mafia have targeted Yash in the first place...

----------

I'm not playing so I can talk :)

Off topic, but no swear filter?

:cheers

----------

Really terrible to lose the doc on Night 0, going to be difficult for the town, this. IMO, the cop shouldn't role claim today unless he has really investigated someone aligned with the mafia. Or else it's a pretty easy target for the mafia at night.

Yep. Calculating it now, if we lynch a Mafioso today, that makes it 4 vs 1, and the cop will probably die at night, so 3 vs 1. That would be MyLo and not LyLo so still a good chance. Even if we decided to no lynch on that day, it would still be 2 vs 1, which is IMO a favourable position to be in if we've got smart players alive. So cop outing if they have a Mafia result is a good idea.

But it is a decision for the cop to make I guess, he is the most important player in the game right now. He could out either now, later in day 1, or day 2 depending on where the game is heading.

Mind you, I don't feel a no lynch is a possibility today. That would leave us at 3 vs 2, and it's easy for the Mafia to swing just one player to their side for the win.

Damn! Losing the doc at the very beginning of the game is the worse start we could think of.

This is a MYLO now (mislynch and lose). Unless we are 100% sure of who the mafia is, we shouldn't lynch anyone. Whether the cop should reveal his role right now or not depends on him. It's a tricky call!

Mind you, I don't feel a no lynch is a possibility today. That would leave us at 3 vs 2, and it's easy for the Mafia to swing just one player to their side for the win.
Are you serious! As I stated above, a mislynch would mean game over! If you do know something, then please say so otherwise a no lynch is the only option according to me.

Are you serious! As I stated above, a mislynch would mean game over! If you do know something, then please say so otherwise a no lynch is the only option according to me.

Sorry, but for me based on my experience, it's not really an option. It's 4 vs 2 now, and too many times I've been in a 3 vs 2 situation, and have lost. Fact is, depending on who is still alive, turning two other townies onto your side, even when you know who the Mafia are, is tough work. 2-3 times I've put across well reasoned arguments against the Mafia in 3 vs 2 situations, and have lost when just one guy sided with the Mafia because Colin was Mafia. This was the case with guys like Aditya and Zhuorb, I'm not sure if we have players like that in this game.

At the very least, we have to have a solid read on who is most likely Mafia before no lynching, but again, we are gambling that the cop won't die at night assuming they don't claim now, and that would be a disaster.

I find it strange that you consider it "the only option". We have to thoroughly analyse each and every player in the game before coming to the conclusion that we should put through a no lynch, and this would be in a few real life days when a deadline has been set. Otherwise, we are here to scumhunt and lynch a Mafia member to make life easy for us as opposed to a longshot 3 vs 2 situation.

Scummy post from you really. Not just your last paragraph, your first paragraph is just repeating what every single person who has posted has said so far. Your comment of MyLo is repeating what MaD said and your suggestion to the cop is exactly what Abhas, myself and yash said. This is a typical placeholder post from a Mafia member to seem active.

FOS: Yudi

Sorry, but for me based on my experience, it's not really an option. It's 4 vs 2 now, and too many times I've been in a 3 vs 2 situation, and have lost.
Agreed. 3 vs 2 is a risky position to be in, but do you realize it's a far risky thing to lynch someone based on assumptions at this stage!?

I find it strange that you consider it "the only option".
Yes, it's the only option if we have nothing substantial against anyone at this stage. The reason being that it's a MYLO. And I clearly mentioned it earlier too. TBH it seems somewhat scummy to me that you are exaggerating a statement so much.

Your comment of MyLo is repeating what MaD said and your suggestion to the cop is exactly what Abhas, myself and yash said.
So being different is a stamp of being a townie!? What is obvious, is obvious. And when everyone has to give their views on it, you can't expect them to be different.
You seem to be pushing too hard in trying to portray me as an anti-town.

My only suggestion at this point of time remains that we will eventually have to do a no lynch if we aren't completely sure of anyone being a mafia. It's the only logical move I can think about at this stage.

The idea is we will uncover as much information as possible so that we don't lynch on assumptions. In Mafia things won't just come to you, you have to go and get it. Sitting on your laurels and being content with a no lynch isn't going to help the town one bit. If a deadline is imposed, and we still haven't gotten anyone at the end of the deadline, then we can consider a no lynch. It just makes it too hard for us later on to go for it any earlier than that.

I am analysing your posts fully as all of us should be, and definitely saying we have no other option but to go for a no lynch and plan for it now is something I don't agree with.

Mafia players can leave little clues in their posts, things like that is what we need to focus on to scumhunt. I am not saying you're definitely Mafia just because of this, as I said, it's strange, and it's certainly not flat out town behaviour. If you aren't willing to properly cross-examine posts, then you're just not doing your job as a townie.

Being different isn't the stamp of a townie, adding constructive arguments are, and repeating what several other people have said is far from a constructive argument. You could just say "I agree with what everyone has said", but you are trying to make it seem as if you are adding something new, which is typical of Mafia filler.

On your last line, that is better, and more like what we should be doing. Planning for a no lynch already won't work. This is the attitude we should all have in a situation like this.

I feel like we're discussing the obvious here. Lynch mafia > No lynch > Lynch townie, simple as that. If we have substantial evidence/signs to figure out who a mafia is, we lynch them, otherwise we no lynch simple as that. Obviously we aim to figure out who the mafia is and keep the discussion rolling, so Yudi, don't rush to no lynch and don't consider it as our only option.

Users who are viewing this thread