Cricket Academy Problems

midgetwars

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Not sure if this suggestion has been posted, but I find it weird that the batsmen rush back into the crease when stepping out even if the ball is in front of them. Maybe, animate them walking back because running and diving back to the crease when not in danger of being stumped is odd.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Not sure if this suggestion has been posted, but I find it weird that the batsmen rush back into the crease when stepping out even if the ball is in front of them. Maybe, animate them walking back because running and diving back to the crease when not in danger of being stumped is odd.

AFAIK, in the full game you'll have to manually get back to the crease; i.e., the batsman will wait for user input after having danced down the wicket.

SalmanWahidi

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Wondering if it's a shot at trying to install the first version of CA with the nets (not the 'a' or 'b' version) and see if that runs to see if the problem lays with the particular version and your PC.

Other thing is, as it sometimes causes issues, make sure you run the game as administrator.

Hmm, I'm gonna try that!

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

It's only an issue in the nets.

SalmanWahidi

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Wondering if it's a shot at trying to install the first version of CA with the nets (not the 'a' or 'b' version) and see if that runs to see if the problem lays with the particular version and your PC.

Other thing is, as it sometimes causes issues, make sure you run the game as administrator.

Can't find the 0.994 version. The links are updated to 0.994b...

AnshtheDj

Club Cricketer
Thanks Ross for this wonderful DBC beta update with full batting net practice, it's been wonderful trying out different options and to say the least, it's been very wonderfully implemented. Finally got myself a PC gamepad and getting a hang of it. Batting from batsman's view has been just so liberating. All the shots that we could only dream of playing are playable, all those unreachable angles of the park are now explorable, it's been just wow.:cheers

Just an issue i'd like to point out here, when i press the left stick to leave the ball, the action of the batsman is like he begins with trying to duck then he goes on to lift his bat out of ball's line. There is no evasive action as such I suppose. I've tried with Rookie/Amateur/Pro mode, but every time same result. Batsman ends up getting hit on the body if line of the ball is towards his body. FYI, me using Logitech F310.

Guybrush Threep

Club Captain
Thanks Ross for this wonderful DBC beta update with full batting net practice, it's been wonderful trying out different options and to say the least, it's been very wonderfully implemented. Finally got myself a PC gamepad and getting a hang of it. Batting from batsman's view has been just so liberating. All the shots that we could only dream of playing are playable, all those unreachable angles of the park are now explorable, it's been just wow.:cheers

Just an issue i'd like to point out here, when i press the left stick to leave the ball, the action of the batsman is like he begins with trying to duck then he goes on to lift his bat out of ball's line. There is no evasive action as such I suppose. I've tried with Rookie/Amateur/Pro mode, but every time same result. Batsman ends up getting hit on the body if line of the ball is towards his body. FYI, me using Logitech F310.

Try holding back on the left stick and pressing the right stick in - to a shorter length delivery.

kamrul

Associate Captain
hey!! how can I add the free agent players in my created teams??

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
When you go to 'Roster' in the created team, it should say what you need to press to 'Add Players' at the bottom of the screen.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Anyone here that has the blackscreen please check how many "cores" you have.

Go to task manager (ctrl-alt-del), select "more details", "performance" and the number of cores will be listed on the right.

At this point we can see issues with Single Core machines - we are trying to fix the issue but it is highly likely that the game will not run well in any case.

Fissionmailed

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
So I had a net session on the TV, switched resolution to 1280x720. Now I'm back on my monitor and the option for my monitor's resolution 1920x1080 isn't showing up, in its place a few odd options have appeared 1x96, 16618696x96 and 19x584217536 selecting any of these seems to set it to 800x600.

Fe98

County Cricketer
Maybe you could try setting it manually in the config.ini file?

Users who are viewing this thread