DBC14 PC Version 1.14

Presumably we should go back to super fielders in the covers, run out bugs and and weird player attributes in career mode as that was how the game was when it originally released?

If someone steals from me, I think I'm entitled to buy a bigger lock

Had a test match online earlier today,love the update but i think the slow spin bowling is still there.Cant notice much of a difference tbh.

While making such substantial improvements and fixes to the game is commendable, I don't think it can justify or is relevant to the topic of introducing DRM post-release.

While making such substantial improvements and fixes to the game is commendable, I don't think it can justify or is relevant to the topic of introducing DRM post-release.
It's the same thing. They are updating the software - changing the experience - post-sale. Because you like one and dislike the other doesn't make them different things.

You have a bizarre attitude to DRM. Why is ok for you to lock your house but not ok for a developer to protect their IP?

Reqouting myself so this isnt lost in all the DRM talk which i feel is unnecessary, its just like that security check at airport, a bit of a procedure that benefits everybody.

anyone having this.
------------------------
There is a couple of little niggles im facing with batting with the latest update, the one since the bowler line changed i think.

Im not able to play the lofted front foot leg side shot to full offside balls a lot of times times instead it plays the pull shot, this is on legend difficulty.

Also while im trying to defend straight a few times the player goes too much to the the onside than im intending, this could either be due to my controls or due to early timing, if its due to early timing falling forward would be better than moving away to show wrong foot movement, that way there is chance of edge or LBW rather than getting bowled by totally exposing stumps.

----------------------------------------

Reqouting myself so this isnt lost in all the DRM talk which i feel is unnecessary, its just like that security check at airport, a bit of a procedure that benefits everybody.

anyone having this.
------------------------
There is a couple of little niggles im facing with batting with the latest update, the one since the bowler line changed i think.

Im not able to play the lofted front foot leg side shot to full offside balls a lot of times times instead it plays the pull shot, this is on legend difficulty.

Also while im trying to defend straight a few times the player goes too much to the the onside than im intending, this could either be due to my controls or due to early timing, if its due to early timing falling forward would be better than moving away to show wrong foot movement, that way there is chance of edge or LBW rather than getting bowled by totally exposing stumps.

----------------------------------------

Shot 2 video Happened to me in patch 13 . Which is OK and realistic.

It's the same thing. They are updating the software - changing the experience - post-sale. Because you like one and dislike the other doesn't make them different things.

You have a bizarre attitude to DRM. Why is ok for you to lock your house but not ok for a developer to protect their IP?
Completely not the same...

I can already see that this is going nowhere so I'm not going to bother continuing the discussion.

Completely not the same...

I can already see that this is going nowhere so I'm not going to bother continuing the discussion.
You have been more vocal than anyone else that PC is the greater platform, better experience etc. Ross has stated that given existing sales data, there will not be a future Bradman game on PC. This is an attempt to make a future DBC on your preferred platform viable. So why are you against it? Genuine question.

So um, how do we bowl slower bowls (which was previously on LB) with regular quicks now? Pulling the left stick down seemed to produce no noticeable speed change. Is the key assigned to the one that was used for going around the wicket before the patch?
Press LB after you start your run up.

I'm not against it, I already said that it's likely to be a good move for the sustainability of the franchise on PC. I'm saying that there are genuine reasons for some people to be aggrieved at the introduction of DRM after release.

Some people (even if it is a minority) would have bought the game with the intention to play on the move... On planes, in hotels or other places where internet isn't readily available. They purchased the game without restrictions placed on being able to do that... Now, those legitimate customers are faced with the prospect of being unable to play the game most of the time. They aren't getting the service that they paid for, under the same conditions as when they made the purchase.

For me and most other people it's not a problem as we play at home on stable connections, but that doesn't mean it's a completely flawless course of action because I can say "I'm alright Jack".

After joining planet cricket I strongly believe that this will be the last PC version of this series, if it does become a series. Sad about that, but if I was running BA no way I'd release subsequent games on PC.

If the guy above did buy the game I feel for him; my workplace has a large office in Capetown and they're offline scarily often for a billion dollar company even after we invested in backhaul.

I don't believe piracy is the same as "theft" but I do think people that do it for any reason are scumbags and killing PC gaming.

No -it is the same

Theft is the removal of another's property intending for them to no longer have it in their possession. Pirates aren't taking the rights holder's property away, they're illegally obtaining a copy of the holder's copyrighted material.

"Copyright theft" is a term coined by the music industry when sony began selling blank audio tapes back in the 80's as a PR move.

I absolutely believe that by calling piracy "theft" it undermines people's thinking about actual theft, like the idiot kids on my street who break into cars parked right outside their own house.

Don't get me wrong I loathe copyright infringement/piracy. I just think calling it "theft" and putting it in the same category as theft is not a wise position. Why not copyright rape? Why not copyright murder? Same logic applied to the word theft.

There is no excuse - we do not allow a demo version so therefore you are not allowed to pirate it. Period. If we allowed a try before you buy policy then not even then is a torrent ok. However we do not, you take it or leave it, not steal it.

No PM btw, neither did I expect one.

In downloading it you seeded other people to steal it. fearsome tweak off a$$hole. Consider my offer rescinded.[DOUBLEPOST=1411178871][/DOUBLEPOST]Ren, we've been here before - the criminal statutes in most countries define piracy as theft. Google is your friend. You've listed a very, very outdated idea that has been long abandoned.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread