DBC14 PC Version 1.14

I'll make one contribution to here - EA deserve to be applauded for their policies on Origin, one of pretty much the only digital stores that has a vaguely reasonable refund policy.

Buying the game, having 7 days to download it and a 24 hour period to play it, see if it runs on your system and seeing if you like it - and being able to get a refund if it doesn't or you don't. It's about as close to fair as any digital store gets, and totally removes the attempts by some to have 'justified' piracy as a trial.

I just stole an Audi and left a note with the dealer to contact @redrubicon because it's cool to try before I buy if I tell all my mates to buy Audi's afterward. Flawless logic, now I drive an A3, bitches!

Why not copyright rape? Why not copyright murder? Same logic applied to the word theft.

You're an idiot. Stop typing.

Last edited:
Apologies, I'll clarify my statements: NZ and Australian law do not define copyright infringement as theft. As Ross points out others may, but my comments were wrong in that I didn't attribute them to the legal systems I'm familiar with.

In any event, there is no excuse for the ridiculous "I'll play it before I pay for it" argument put forward by morons here and elsewhere.

Wrong. Australia treats piracy as intellectual property theft and has done so for a long time. Consider it was defined as theft when I did studied law, which is a looooong time ago.

I completely agree that DRM is the way to go, the game and the franchise needs to be protected. As much as piracy is affecting sales I feel that a poor marketing campaign has not helped matters either. Apart from here on PC I have never seen the game advertised or mentioned on any cricket site or blog. Cricketweb for example had a DBC14 announced but never any mention upon it's release. I've spoken to four mates of mine back in the U.K. who are very much into both cricket and computer gaming who didn't have a clue that this game existed. If the DRM proves to be successful and uncrackable then maybe another marketing campaign to coincide with the cricket world cup would be a good idea.

Apologies, I'll clarify my statements: NZ and Australian law do not define copyright infringement as theft.

To be honest this is worse than theft, theft of a car just affects one person, this affects whole lot of people who worked for years on it.

theft of digital stuff, especially games which literally suck about 2-5 years of the developers life time, money and resources is going to affect a whole lot of people than single theft, it will affect their jobs, their lifestyle , they can be left with nothing to show for 5 years of hard work, i think this is much bigger crime than theft.

Atleast in music and film industry you can make quick recoveries, not so in games.There is no quick escape.Anybody saying DRM is evil is like calling that security check at your local mall or airport evil, sure its a little hassle but it protects you of bigger evils.

What you gain from this online DRM is a next version of DBC for PC hopefully, so definitely worth it.

I think after this much of discussion on DRM.....we the pc gamers will likely to get a bad news if the next iteration of the game releases....who dont own a console including me......
Pirates saying on why they dont buy the game......"costly"
If thats costly then how the hell you bought a pc???

is it right that BA not going to realease next iteration Dbc? If right that will sorrowful word for me.

I think after this much of discussion on DRM.....we the pc gamers will likely to get a bad news if the next iteration of the game releases....who dont own a console including me......
Pirates saying on why they dont buy the game......"costly"
If thats costly then how the hell you bought a pc???
Prob's stolen bought it cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread