DBC14 PC Version 1.14

and what's worse?..... you need the controller all the freakin' time - not just at startup - there's no way to swap to keyboard at any time! Refund! I want a refund - why didn't someone warn me!

And we can't even try the full game illegally as well. Who ever heard of such bizarre demands?

This is the thing though, ignoring the pathetic strawmaning there, people were warned, it was there, obvious, in multiple ways when buying the game. This DRM was not.

I get you don't want to open up any can of worms here, so I'll leave it at that then. I would just note that anyone with a grievance should talk with you.

Clutching at straws. If I require you to have an internet connection I do not need to mention DRM.

Again, the simple, "yeah I was incorrect on that" would have been sufficient.

Clutching at straws. If I require you to have an internet connection I do not need to mention DRM.

Again, the simple, "yeah I was incorrect on that" would have been sufficient.

Now you're the one continuing. It's not about what you can throw around as "but this", it's about the expectations of a reasonable consumer, and in this instance anyone familiar with steam has seen many games that state "Broadband Internet Connection" in their system requirements, they do however still work in offline mode. Your game now cannot work in Steam's offline mode. It is a reasonable expectation in steam that unless you're using multiplayer components that this standard feature would work to allow the game to be playable, but it no longer does.

Your "System Requirements" page is essentially too ambiguous to be the fallback on this one due to the way that "Broadband Internet Connection" has been used by others in such, as well as yourself. You have made a change that could cause a serious issue, and whilst I, nor pretty much anyone else on here is going to take much issue with it, there may well be some who will. By taking such a hostile, aggressive line on it you'll potentially make a bad reputation for the company. I'm sure anyone with a grievance coming to you will be given the respect they deserve and any issues will be dealt with properly, you've shown in the past how quickly you act on such issues. Here though I think you're being a bit over the top here.

I'm quite happy for us to walk away on this matter, but I am not going to say that I agree with your interpretation of what you've put in your "System Requirements", and I would equally suggest adding, along side you notes on the need for a controller, that the game needs an internet connection on startup, to clear up any ambiguity in the future.

I'm not the one who said I'd leave it - I asked if we can move on? You can write all the slabs of text you like, it's pretty hard to misinterpret this, it's not ambiguous in any regard, it's not my fault you missed it:

Minimum System Requirements for DBC14:
  • Network: Broadband Internet connection
You surely understand that it is more than a slight to label someone with breaking the law and advising others that they have and that they should seek compensation for same.

I'm not the one who said I'd leave it - I asked if we can move on? You can write all the slabs of text you like, it's pretty hard to misinterpret this, it's not ambiguous in any regard:

Minimum System Requirements for DBC14:
  • Network: Broadband Internet connection

I could name numerous games in my Steam Library alone which have that requirement, yet work offline. It could be reasonable assumed and argued that meant for installation and patching, not as a constant. The difference here is that the game is now suddenly no longer compatible with a standard steam feature. Simply repeating that over and over again doesn't change any of that.

We can move on though.

Reactions: Owl
^^^^ again, what others do is of no consequence and is not a matter of law. Please.

^^^^ again, what others do is of no consequence and is not a matter of law. Please.

Consumer law is about expectations and the customer. You can continue to quote the "system requirements", but they are ambiguous on that front. Again, we can move on, but I doubt we're going to agree on this one.

:)

whilst I, nor pretty much anyone else on here is going to take much issue with it, there may well be some who will.

You surely understand that it is more than a slight to label someone with breaking the law and advising others that they have and that they should seek compensation for same.

He isn't telling people to go get refunds. He is simply advising that if this a serious issue and detrimental to your ability to play the game, then you are more than likely within reason to receive a refund.

:)

He isn't telling people to go get refunds. He is simply advising that if this a serious issue and detrimental to your ability to play the game, then you are more than likely within reason to receive a refund.

Exactly, at no point have I stated that any law has been broken. I have said that from my understanding of the laws it does seem that there is a chance that people may have the right to ask for a refund, and I've said that if people feel like this change has prevented them from playing the game they should talk to Big Ant first.

I'm a pc'er and will never change to console,anyway B/A i fully understand your stance (probably) for DBC next iteration,all i want to say is you guy's (B/A) have gave us gamer's the best cricket game ever and @Alberts,mate i understand your just stating "customer right's" but it's already been explained to you that what your saying is not exactly true,so everyone should understand why B/A chief is gonna be p'd off after pm's of refund's,B/A i and plenty of us pc'ers appreciate and grateful to you's for making this game DBC14,if it mean's you's have no choice but to make the next iteration of DBC game for console's only because of pc pirating/sale's coz of the scum pc gaming pirate's,i say go for it because we understand this job is your "bread and butter",you guy's (B/A team) are ace's.

Oh Ross, what have you done? I cannot play the game on my lappy when I am flying on the plane. Damn, refund please as you did state that you could play while flying without issues before and not all the planes offer wifi services! :p

But seriously, though its mentioned in requirements and all for the need of Internet, as an end user I wouldn't care to connect to net if I don't go for online game play. That would have been my view if I would have purchased this game back in India. It's not a 24 hour wifi place in Asian countries and it would just get less popular with these Internet restrictions. For a 10-15 year boy who loves cricket & is from middle class family( where majority of population resides ), he is going to curse and hate this game for sure. Connecting and disconnecting net after menu comes - I will get irritated in doing this after a certain point as I just need not bother to stay connected just for the game menu to come up!

I don't have any problem with these but I would have been one unhappy person if I would have been in India playing this game.

Hi Ross,
Can we able to hit the slog sweep six especially in spin bowling?

Users who are viewing this thread