Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies after patch 2 [PS3/360]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ross, the game freezes on this screen in career mode.

Attachments

• 1404621802053.jpg
    1404621802053.jpg
    294.8 KB · Views: 37
Nah, his posts are all N/A. Oxygen thief.

So are we getting another patch to fix bugs caused by your recent patches? Oops I forgot I am ignored haha!

----------

Ross, the game freezes on this screen in career mode.

This is expected man. These people can't code for life. Wait until next couple of patches which will add more bugs into the game than it already has.

So are we getting another patch to fix bugs caused by your recent patches? Oops I forgot I am ignored haha!

----------

This is expected man. These people can't code for life. Wait until next couple of patches which will add more bugs into the game than it already has.
Dude, get a effin life
Sorry Ross, is it a known issue?

Couple of recommendations which in my experience (been playing cricket games for almost 9 years now!) are very critical for the game:

1. Straight drives ought to work for the benefit of the game...can't imagine batting without the straight drive in any game of cricket...nothing pleases a batter more than a straight drive along the ground reaching the boundary.

2. While batting, need a small circle on the top right or left corner of the screen with the current field set-up...I know currently LT gives me that but it's just not easy to rotate our heads each time...also, for me its a bit confusing through LT to imagine:
a. Who is right on the ropes at the boundary?
b. Who is slightly inside the boundary ropes but outside inner circle?
c. Who is inside the inner circle?
d. Who is closer to the batsman, way inside the inner circle?
e. What precise angles from the batsman are all these 10 fielders???

Imagine capturing all the above field settings & angles for 10 fielders practically every other ball just with LT???:noway

I highly recommend the above 2 changes for patch 3 otherwise it's a great game of cricket, happy gaming folks:cheers

Good to see ATP's long posts it was easy to scroll past pages easily...;)

First of all I would like to say thanks you to Big Ant for making such a awesome game. Most of the post patch 2 issues have been made that I am experiencing.

Mode: career
Match Type: any
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occurred):any
Ground: any
Teams: any
Get Best: any
Description of Issue:
Freezing after net sessions or when saving and exiting a game. Does not always happy only about 70% of the time. That is the only real issue I am having.
I thought I would also point out a few things that need some tweaking.
When fielding in career mode the wicket keeper is to far back with pace bowlers and about 90% of the bowls bounce before the keeper (playing career [rookie level])
Also I have notice on rookie level that the fast bowlers maximum speed is around 110 kph. Is this something to do with because it is the lowest level, the reason I ask this is because the wicket keeper is set up for pro mode and because of the speed reduction this is why the ball is bouncing before the keeper.
Also a lot of shots go in the air now, especially pull shots and cut shots. I have started to use the LT & RT together and the ball goes on the ground.

My last few suggestion are not game changes, just slight changes to even make the game better.

Deleted all my DBC files inc patch/saved games, cleared system cache and restarted game. Played a quick casual 5/5 and it saved out fine so progressed to new career and after paying 3 innings of first match saved and exited. Game froze.

Safe to assume that doesn't work then.

Ross, there seems to be an unintended effect with the physics model, having made whatever changes you've made to make pro batting slightly easier.

The most noticeable effects are shots that used to stay on the ground (the pull, in particular, was a very safe shot prior to patch 2 on the PS3) now carry in the air.

In particular, I've just gotten out (for the 3rd time) playing a forward defensive shot that absolutely rockets off the bat and back to the bowler.

I was advised by @Biggs that this is user error not a bug.;)

I was advised by @Biggs that this is user error not a bug.;)

I'm not certain it's a bug, either, to be fair. It may actually be working as designed.

Let's face it, the cut and pull were far too safe previously - I don't think I ever got caught playing either of those shots (without using an R2 modifier)

It's possible that the issue I'm having with the defensive shots is also not a bug, just something that seems like it because the timing window has changed and I haven't changed with it ...

I spent some time in match practise, enjoying the timing/footwork feedback there. I couldn't (unfortunately) get the defensive slog down the pitch to happen, though :(

Absolutely loving my new career I started on Pro!

Batting in career mode feels more realistic & well polished with nice straight drives & realistic edges flying to the keeper when I play a bad timed drive. And also love that the batting alocated points are easier to get now after playing a few good shots and also the net sesssions in the game.

Bowling in career is much more realistic & super difficult to get any wickets. Im just bumed theres not alot of edges like they said. I havent had one. Before patch 2 I had plenty.

The fielding is also more realistic & well balanced.

Im lucky not have gotten any of the bugs other users are experiencing.

Loving the game even more after patch 2. Im on Xbox 360

Mode: Career
Match Type: 50 Overs
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occurred): Not sure - maybe 10 into our innings?
Ground: Not sure
Teams: Wellington vs Canterbury
Get Best: no, but downloaded teams and inserted into the Australian Domestic Competition
Description of Issue:
Yet another razor thin edge through to the keeper off a spinner, where I was pretty sure my defensive shot should have been OK from both a timing and a line played perspective.

Below is a video. You can see, it was at least a _very_ thick edge. I should maybe not have used the pass-through bat again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a thought, as I have not experienced the game freezing at all, at any stage of any game.....I'm on xbox360

How many of the folks getting the freezing has the game installed on their xbox??

I have not installed it, playing directly from the disc......what are the chances that, that might be the issue??

I'm not certain it's a bug, either, to be fair. It may actually be working as designed.

Let's face it, the cut and pull were far too safe previously - I don't think I ever got caught playing either of those shots (without using an R2 modifier)

It's possible that the issue I'm having with the defensive shots is also not a bug, just something that seems like it because the timing window has changed and I haven't changed with it ...

I spent some time in match practise, enjoying the timing/footwork feedback there. I couldn't (unfortunately) get the defensive slog down the pitch to happen, though :(

That doesn't seem to be the consensus of opinion. I have used the practice match option quite a lot since patch 2,where my footwork and timing were good, but the ball is still going in the air.
If there is a way to keep the ball down I would like to hear it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread