Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies after patch 2 [PS3/360]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wide of the mark in my case Jessica Fletcher.

So you're playing from the disk? Being a smart ass sure makes me wanna help you figure this out...

Yep playing from the disk.

Wasn't too keen on your assertion this was related to me playing on a modded box.

Except I never said ANYONE specifically I just said it could be a problem IF someone had a modded system. Because it's been a problem in the past. Chill out...

Is there some way to uninstall a patch and then reinstall? Or might be as simple as resetting the game back to factory settings? I dunno, it's just a weird error to only be affecting one specific console in a widespread manner...

Myself and quite a few others have been trying various things, even sacrificed my profile and academy downloads by deleting every file and cache from the system and still no dice.

Aside from checking your software is up to date, if you're playing from the disk and still getting errors then finding someone (Matt?) who isn't experiencing them and jotting down the specific steps you take to replicate the error and seeing if they can get it happening too is the only other thing, really, because that's what BigAnt will be trying to do.

If you can get that happening maybe Matt can junk his copy and drop his console to BigAnt?

Honestly, practice. He tutorials help, but it's just practice. I find I've been getting much better at bowling playing online against someone who's really good, like Matt for example. Just getting tips from him, trying different things. Online helps a lot, since I've been practicing spin I've had better results against the AI. Same rules apply for batting, get thrashed by someone online and learn tricks from them. Playing with a mate at home helps as well, my brother in law was over the other weekend and he picked up the batting controls WAY better and faster than I did. It's definately a skill some people have that others don't.

So practice.

You can practice all you want mate , but bear in mind these two simple things.

1. The actuall height of the bowler used. For example bowling with Steyn , I will never get a bouncer to go higher than the ribcage. Changing to Morkel , whole different kettle of fish , to the point where you must actually let the ball go earlier just not to bowl a wide over the Batsmen`s head.

2. The Pitch Hardness also affects the amount of bounce , but to a much lesser degree than the above point.

Hope this helps you and other bowl those darn Bouncers.

That is frankly a ridiculous statement Biggs.

The vast majority of us on here do not have a modded Xbox and bought the game and are having this freezing issue.

I've offered to send my xbox to big ant if needs be, wouldn't do that if it was a modded one.

Unfortunately the issue is that the vast majority of people with Xbox are not having the crash issue, we know this from the server information we have.

As an aside, you would be surprised how many people on here run modded Xbox's - from our analytics I can tell you that it is a very high percentage. Even PS3 is running high (no where as high as Xbox though).

----------

Aside from checking your software is up to date, if you're playing from the disk and still getting errors then finding someone (Matt?) who isn't experiencing them and jotting down the specific steps you take to replicate the error and seeing if they can get it happening too is the only other thing, really, because that's what BigAnt will be trying to do.

If you can get that happening maybe Matt can junk his copy and drop his console to BigAnt?

If Matt or anyone else works out a way to make it happen then we won't need their box, we'll be able to replicate the issue and no doubt come up with a fix.

i am on an unmodded xb0x 360 and playing from disk - game still freezes on me at the save/continue stage

i am on an unmodded xb0x 360 and playing from disk - game still freezes on me at the save/continue stage

Is this any type of saving at all?

thanks mate I guessed that myself and being a fast bowler in real life and also being 195cm 6ft4 I can get bouncers and should be able too on the game. I think there is a slight problem with the fast bowlers that Needs a little tweaking. And I'm not a dummy I have figured out that if you wait until the end of the bowling routine you drag the ball back a tad but it takes all the pace out of it and becomes a long hop. I'm now a fast medium and it has resolved all my issues really just big gutted about the fast bowler.

My other question is it happening on a specific game mode, or across all modes? Over count, are you batting/bowling at the time... Etcetera.

Be crazy specific, basically. There's enough smart people here, let's crack this...

i only play t20 at the moment - competition - one player against AI

and i have only ever saved the game at the end of an innings

so i am getting the save/continue freeze at the end of first innings

but the game has also frozen on me as it exits from the scoreboard at the end of the match

Myself and quite a few others have been trying various things, even sacrificed my profile and academy downloads by deleting every file and cache from the system and still no dice.

I haven't played today yet (huge hangover....damn jagermesiter!) but yesterday my career was saving fine after I deleted everything and re-installed. But it sounds like people have tried this and still getting the save problem.

Just a thought, as I have not experienced the game freezing at all, at any stage of any game.....I'm on xbox360

How many of the folks getting the freezing has the game installed on their xbox??

I have not installed it, playing directly from the disc......what are the chances that, that might be the issue??

I play off the disc, however mine only freezes when saving after a net session and when I try and save & exit from a game.

1. The actuall height of the bowler used. For example bowling with Steyn , I will never get a bouncer to go higher than the ribcage. Changing to Morkel , whole different kettle of fish , to the point where you must actually let the ball go earlier just not to bowl a wide over the Batsmen`s head.
Just to prove Biggs point about practice, here's me bowling an over of bouncers with Steyn, to Gayle - who isn't exactly short:

It's on the PC version, but I'm sure there's not been any adjustment to bounce or anything in the small patches since release.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread