Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies after patch 2 [PS3/360]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I'm just doing something wrong, cause its the first time that I tried it. In tour creator when I go to the calendar and I want to add a competition the screen freezes and I can't press any buttons and then at the end I need to restart my ps3? anyone experienced the same problem?

Yes i am also experiencing freezing but in the career mode while my noob about to take strike, the whole thing froze even though i could toggle in the pause menu, changed the batsmen camera but to no avail this was the first time i experienced this. Have been continously playing for 8 hours albeit with lunch and drinks break???? Still hitting in V is still risky.

Mode: Career
Match Type: All
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): User-Initiated
Ground: All
Teams: Victoria v [Insert Any Team here]
Get Best: Yes
Description of Issue: The press O to cancel run after pressing run bug is still there, the batsman just "walks back" into his crease, rather than the quickly-slide-bat-back-in animation that you get close-by to the crease, when you haven't attempted the run. Cancelling it, defaults to the old walk-back-in problem...

Yep, just experienced it for myself. It's seems fine when your press cancel run or cancel run immediately after run, but if there's even a small delay in cancelling the run after pressing run they just amble back as per usual.

Installed the patch. Played many online matches. The Black flash screen still exist while playing the shot. It comes intermittently.

Also some more bugs are
1) Spinner bowler, bowls short on the leg side, even way down..is given as as short ball /No ball due to height.
2) Wide ball given even if ball hits batsman's leg.
3) In decision review system, the system clearly showed ball hitting the stumps (outside off stumps pitching), but still did not reversed the decision.
4) Cut back , went straight to the boundary, but in 5 seconds given out, caught by wicket keeper. In replay, ball still going back, but still given out.
5) If ball is missed while playing, and you just do nothing then fine, but if you press circle / cancel button, Wicket keeper will automatically run out you. Very weird. Similar with non-strikers end.
6) in-field fielders are still pretty fast.

This is happening in career mode...Casual matches no idea...

you could manually set the field. It worked fine for me after that initial match after the patch.

Mode: Online
Match Type: T20
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occurred): 10th over, 1st innings
Ground: Not sure
Teams: Royal Challengers Bangalore, Delhi Daredevils
Description of Issue: Given an LBW decision in my favor in an online match (I was bowling). My opponent reviewed. The hawkeye / ball tracker showed the ball missing the stumps by quite a bit. BARS still said "hitting" though. Decision was upheld and my opponent lost the wicket along with his only review.

Match Type: Any
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occurred): Not sure
Ground: Any
Teams: Any
Description of Issue: Given run out on referral to third umpire even though the baseman is clearly in. Happened a few times over 5 online match-ups. The batsman would be given run out even though he's safely in the crease. Not those marginal, "he's got a half a foot in", type situations but where the batsman is well and truly in.

Description of Issue: Definition of umpire's call on LBW BARS reviews errs too much on the side of the conservative. Had two close calls in one match (one against me and one for) where BARS showed more than 3/4ths of the ball hitting the stumps, still qualified it as "umpire's call" and the not out decision stood.

Sorry did not have the opportunity to record replays but wanted to relay these to you regardless. Will try and capture some video the next time either of the above occur.

after downloading the patch i have a issue, two times their is a flash light on my screen and my batsman given out by umpire for ground shot...it happents twice
this is a new issue!!!!!!

Match Type: T20
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occurred): 10th over, 1st innings
Ground: Not sure
Teams: Royal Challengers Bangalore, Delhi Daredevils
Description of Issue: Given an LBW decision in my favor in an online match (I was bowling). My opponent reviewed. The hawkeye / ball tracker showed the ball missing the stumps by quite a bit. BARS still said "hitting" though. Decision was upheld and my opponent lost the wicket along with his only review.

Description of Issue: Given run out on referral to third umpire even though the baseman is clearly in. Happened a few times over 5 online match-ups. The batsman would be given run out even though he's safely in the crease. Not those marginal, "he's got a half a foot in", type situations but where the batsman is well and truly in.

Description of Issue: Definition of umpire's call on LBW BARS reviews errs too much on the side of the conservative. Had two close calls in one match (one against me and one for) where BARS showed more than 3/4ths of the ball hitting the stumps, still qualified it as "umpire's call" and the not out decision stood.

Sorry did not have the opportunity to record replays but wanted to relay these to you regardless. Will try and capture some video the next time either of the above occur.

That second one has happened to me too

after downloading the patch i have a issue, two times their is a flash light on my screen and my batsman given out by umpire for ground shot...it happents twice

Probably one of Ross's special bugs....................:spy

Good, but there is a old issue in the format of reporting this issue. We need to correct that first. :thumbs

Great work on the patch....like the changes. :thumbs :clap

Is there any way in patch 2 that we can stop the first slip fielder from doing cartwheel dives almost every time the ball goes through to the keeper.....? Minor...I know...but annoying!

Great work on the patch....like the changes. :thumbs :clap

Is there any way in patch 2 that we can stop the first slip fielder from doing cartwheel dives almost every time the ball goes through to the keeper.....? Minor...I know...but annoying!

What! You dont like modern jazz dance!??

Mode Online T10 Match

:No sound coming off the bat while striking the ball
:Black Screen of death still appears
:Got given out 3 times caught by a fielder when I clearly hit the ball along the ground
:Umpire gave lbw not out. I challenged and it pitched in line, the impact was in line but the ball was hitting the bails. The decision should have stood as not out cause the ball was hitting the bails.

Mode: Casual
Match Type: Multiple Odis
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): On and off throughout the match
Ground: Multiple
Teams: Multiple teams
Description of Issue: AI puts more than 6 fielders on the leg side, and plenty of times more than 2 behind square. Both of these field settings are in violation of rules of cricket.

Mode: Casual
Match Type: Odi
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): 8th over of the odi in 2nd innings of the match
Ground: Trinidad
Teams: India CG (me) Vs WI CG (AI)
Description of Issue: AI put 4 fielders outside the fielding circle even though it was powerplay (first 10 overs of odi innings).

Mode: Career
Match Type: All
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): User-Initiated
Ground: All
Teams: Victoria v [Insert Any Team here]
Description of Issue: The press O to cancel run after pressing run bug is still there, the batsman just "walks back" into his crease, rather than the quickly-slide-bat-back-in animation that you get close-by to the crease, when you haven't attempted the run. Cancelling it, defaults to the old walk-back-in problem...

This has been my experience as well and have mentioned that in the "Patch #1 Released" thread. Batsman take their own sweet time to return to the crease once you cancel the run and don't bother sliding the bat in resulting in a run out. Unfortunately, the R2 button for sliding the bat in doesn't work once you cancel the run and you are essentially at the mercy of the game/graphics.

In my experience before and even after the patch if you press the R2(RT for Xbox I assume) they will slide the bat into the crease immediately. Also I remember HBK619 stating that calling a bad run is still a mistake made by the human player so in the end it is most likely your fault.

Also at the non strikers end if you DON'T press the run button and just press cancel he will quickly turn around and get back in his crease.

SO far I have seen that we are at the mercy of how good we are at cricket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread