Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies after patch 2 [PS3/360]

Status
Not open for further replies.
People should stop complaining about the run out glitch where the batsman just casually walks back to the stumps and makes no effort to get in the crease.

It happens in real cricket too

oh, do one... and bowlers make amazing stops/catches, fielders cover huge distances and take amazing catches etc. etc. but these are rare events not common occurrences.

oh, do one... and bowlers make amazing stops/catches, fielders cover huge distances and take amazing catches etc. etc. but these are rare events not common occurrences.

I remember a 17 year old Sachin running 40yrds to take a one handed catch against England, but I don't recall anything like that happening since, certainly not in test cricket!!

Mode: All
Match Type: All
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): N/A
Ground: All
Teams: All
Get Best: Yes
Description of Issue: I`m sure its been reported before , but I felt it needed to be raised again :

1. Whenever a spinner bowls and Batsmen tries to "go big" square of the wicket , the spin bowler gets warned for bowling a bouncer:eek:

2. Staying on Spin Bowling , it is basically impossible to late cut (even with L2 depressed) a spinner as the Keeper ALLWAYS catches you out. This needs to be fixed , as Ive played against a cheating son of a (*&*(& that just bowls on the Offside wide line , with his 5 spinners , and theres not much I can do about it. (He obviously has Point region covered.)

Mode: All
Match Type: All
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): N/A
Ground: All
Teams: All
Description of Issue: I`m sure its been reported before , but I felt it needed to be raised again :

1. Whenever a spinner bowls and Batsmen tries to "go big" square of the wicket , the spin bowler gets warned for bowling a bouncer:eek:

2. Staying on Spin Bowling , it is basically impossible to late cut (even with L2 depressed) a spinner as the Keeper ALLWAYS catches you out. This needs to be fixed , as Ive played against a cheating son of a (*&*(& that just bowls on the Offside wide line , with his 5 spinners , and theres not much I can do about it. (He obviously has Point region covered.)

Just quietly, when I played cricket I bowled off-breaks. I used to love it when I'd send one down a little wide and the batsman would late cut (or attempt it at least) - because I knew he was a good chance for serving up a catch if I got one to bite (or playing on from a top-spinner)

Don't late-cut spin bowling, innit.

Mode: career
Match type: first class
Over: N/A
Ground: probably bradman oval
Teams: Somerset vs Glamorgan
Get best: no

Issue: picture attached explains it well. Somerset bat, get a big score. Bizarrely don't enforce follow on on day 4. Game ends as draw at 4:30.6 down after a collapse, somerset awarded the win.

Edit: same thing happened later today. Somerset win by 135 runs with 4 wickets still to play.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    301 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Please teach AI some batting skills.... its painful to keep taking so many wkts at the age of 16... even after getting selected for the indian team, am getting wkts very easily... although batting has become tougher.... i wish there's a balancing act soon coz its becoming pretty annoying, batting for smaller periods and taking 14-15 wkts a match at a SR of 8-9

Easy fella, i wasnt actually being serious about the run out glitch not being an issue.

I have raised it up myself a number of times. :yes

i have noticed a few times in the last few days, in career mode in all formats, the "field change" cut scene happening but the field scan shows no change.

Welcome to the world of online cheesers! What happens on these leaderboards is that you get your friend(s) to play against you and ask them to bowl bunch of wides and no-balls so you can beef up your batting stats, and then while bowling you get your buddies stumped off wides.

On AC09 folks had records of scoring 300+ in a single over or batting average of over a 1000! There are plenty of folks like chunnster who would do anything to be on top of leaderboards. I don't quite get it but I've seen folks do anything to climb the leaderboards.

The only thing I can think of that could maybe help with this is only allowing one result over a certain winning margin against a particular opponent to impact the leaderboard.

So, they could maybe do it once, but a second time wouldn't impact the leaderboard?

i have noticed a few times in the last few days, in career mode in all formats, the "field change" cut scene happening but the field scan shows no change.

Noticed it myself. The 'field change' cut scene comes along but when you look at the field, it looks just the same.

The only thing I can think of that could maybe help with this is only allowing one result over a certain winning margin against a particular opponent to impact the leaderboard.

So, they could maybe do it once, but a second time wouldn't impact the leaderboard?

Don't really care about leaderboards. If it helps Big Ant sell more copies of the game to guys like chunnster, I say let it remain as is.

Mode:-Competition
Match:-T20
Teams:-RCB vs KIXP
Issue:- I took a review of a given LBW as i thought there was an edge .The hotspot and sticko clearly showed an edge and then it went to hit the pad but the umpire still gave it out .

Mode: Career
Match Type: FCC
Over Count: 361
Ground: Unsure
Teams: Surrey and Notts

Play finishes on the 4th day at 4:15pm with Surrey at 3 for 216, requiring 39 runs to win. The match is a draw.

I thought First Class Cricket played until 6pm?

I also didn't get all the details, but had a similar issue to the one I logged before (and again similar to this). Play finished at 4:15pm on the 4th day, the batting team (Surrey) had wickets in hand but the match was recorded as a win for the opposition.

Issue here appears to be each day ends after 90 overs has been bowled whether it's before 6 hours has been played or not

I generally bowl around 18 overs an hour so never get 6 hours in

BA should ensure 90 overs or 6 hours gets played whichever comes later or do what IC10 did and ensure, even if spinners bowl all the overs 15 overs an hour are bowled to ensure 90 overs lasts 6 hours

Not 100% realistic but it worked

Issue here appears to be each day ends after 90 overs has been bowled whether it's before 6 hours has been played or not

I generally bowl around 18 overs an hour so never get 6 hours in

BA should ensure 90 overs or 6 hours gets played whichever comes later or do what IC10 did and ensure, even if spinners bowl all the overs 15 overs an hour are bowled to ensure 90 overs lasts 6 hours

Not 100% realistic but it worked

Yeah, you could be right - and I think you'll find they've made every over take a certain amount of in-game time irrespective of how long it takes real time. Because every First Class match I've played in this game that's gone 4 days has close of play at 4:15 ish ...

Again, not sure if this has already been reported previously (assuming it has) but I'll report it anyhow.

Mode: Career
Match Type: Match 3 of 5 Test Match Series
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): 0.2
Ground: Sydney Cricket Ground
Teams: Australia (Me) vs England (AI)
Get Best: No
Description of Issue: Batsmen was given out LBW, they challenged the decision found that they actually got an inside edge on the bat to the leg. Decision was not overturned, rather they were given out based on being 'caught' by the fieldsman who retrieved the ball (in this case Michael Clarke). This is not the first time it has happened to me, previously it was in a IPL T20 match where the circumstances were near identical, except the ball was retrieved by the keeper and the decision was upheld based on being 'caught' rather than reversing the decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread