Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies after patch 2 [PS3/360]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Main issues for me
Run outs when batsmen are either in and in the air or a cm away and dont ground their bat
Fields being bizarre, in 20 over 4 slips, then next ball no slips
bowling changing over from round to over the wicket constantly
amazing one handed catches constantly
on sim the first ball being played before the match re starts, been out twice and havent even played

Do we have any approximate duration in which we can expect the patch?
Coz bating and fielding AI and superhuman fielders are really killing the game for me.
If corrected properly this could be close to a perfect game specially for its first iteration

Mode: All
Match Type: All
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): N/A
Ground: All
Teams: All
Get Best: Yes

I've noticed some strangeness with running. If you select a second run (square on the PS3) too late, often the players will "tag up" with their bats well past the line.

That is, if you say "let's have another" after the player has already strolled across, they will take another couple of steps, stretch out with the bat as if they were short and then turn

This means they're running way more than the 22 yards they need to run for the second, which turns easy 2's (that could've been three if they'd gone hard for the first two) into almost run-outs.

Mode: All
Match Type: All
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): N/A
Ground: All
Teams: All

I've noticed some strangeness with running. If you select a second run (square on the PS3) too late, often the players will "tag up" with their bats well past the line.

That is, if you say "let's have another" after the player has already strolled across, they will take another couple of steps, stretch out with the bat as if they were short and then turn

This means they're running way more than the 22 yards they need to run for the second, which turns easy 2's (that could've been three if they'd gone hard for the first two) into almost run-outs.

I used to think this was a bug , but you are basically leaving it too late to call for the second run.

Mode: Career
Match Type: T20
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): 6.1
Ground: Unsure
Teams: Surrey vs Essex

Team mate just holed out to midwicket. We ran, and crossed (I chose the spring button to make sure, because otherwise the batsmen stroll when running) before the catch was taken - assuming the mini-display shows where the batsmen are, but I'm down the non-strikers end for the next delivery

Match Type:Test
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured):Not sure
Ground: Colombo Park Oval
Teams: Tas vs Vic
Description of Issue: When my career player hits the ball, and I press run, the non striker runs back in his crease or sideways and then runs up to the other end of the pitch. This has resulted in some run outs.

Match Type: T20
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): 40 / 40
Ground: Unsure
Teams: Surrey vs Sussex

My captain is apparently an idiot. I'm a batsman (Technically. They let me hold a bat. I don't think you can consider me a batsman in terms of achievement), and selected _only_ batsman at the career stage.

I was just put in to bowl the final over of a T20 match. There were 10 runs scored from it, and a wicket taken on the final ball of the match - which we won by 3 runs.

While this would have been a very exciting over to watch as a spectator, it's not the kind of over you give to an 18 year-old number 4 batsman, and it would surely get the captain sacked not long after.

Hmm..

County Championship in career mode.

Leicester 95/10
Lancs 346/2 dec in 100.3 overs before tea on day 2.

Given that there are batting points for 350 and 400 in 110 overs, seems a strange declaration from my skipper!

Mode: Online
Match Type:Pro10
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured):Anytime
Ground: Any ground
Teams: User vs User
Description of Issue: When bowling with a medium pacer (or any batter that tries to turn around his arm as a bowler. They end up bowling a slow ball (88kp/h) bouncer that never lifts , seemingly unplayable . This ball pitches around 9 meters from the batsmen , but on the batting view when bowled , the ball shows green or even Yellow :eek: . This turns a very unrealistic and almost unplayable ball into a wicket taker everytime . Why is it not showing red at least to somehow try and convey that a longhop has been bowled.

Stats

Hi.

I am playing a competition, English County T20, and I noticed that 2 of my created players their stats stay at "0" at the bottom of the screen when they come up to bat. Are these stats not updated throughout the competition?
I see the stats when you're no in the actual match in the statistics area, but the info isnt shown during the match. Other players have their stats shown, just not these 2 particular players with whom Ive already played about 7 matches.

Mode: Casual
Match Type: County Game
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): After saving and reloading.
Ground: Lancashire
Teams: Essex v Glamorgan
Description of Issue: Played a two player game with my mate who was over this weekend and selected to invert the batting controls as using the bowler cam. This was all fine during the first part of the game, however, when we came back to it suddenly the batting controls went all mad. The LAS was still inverted for foot-placement however the RAS reverted and then stayed like that for the 2 remaining innings despite selecting and deselecting again.

I used to think this was a bug , but you are basically leaving it too late to call for the second run.

It's still a bug. If my boy is over the line already, why is he not turning and jogging back without taking the two extra steps and stretching out?

Mode: Online
Match Type:Pro10
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured):Anytime
Ground: Any ground
Teams: User vs User
Description of Issue: When bowling with a medium pacer (or any batter that tries to turn around his arm as a bowler. They end up bowling a slow ball (88kp/h) bouncer that never lifts , seemingly unplayable . This ball pitches around 9 meters from the batsmen , but on the batting view when bowled , the ball shows green or even Yellow :eek: . This turns a very unrealistic and almost unplayable ball into a wicket taker everytime . Why is it not showing red at least to somehow try and convey that a longhop has been bowled.
That's the reason why I play without any indicators.. difficult in the first but much easier and provides a chance for improved batting!

Well , its still a bug , if you get to see Green or Yellow indicated and the ball pitches 9 meters in front of you .

Plus this slow bowling is so unrealistic , and the batting against it is almost impossible. It should be the easiest ball to dispatch to the boundary , not a wicket each time its bowled.

All the guys that havent played online , will not know what this feels like.

Well , its still a bug , if you get to see Green or Yellow indicated and the ball pitches 9 meters in front of you .

Plus this slow bowling is so unrealistic , and the batting against it is almost impossible. It should be the easiest ball to dispatch to the boundary , not a wicket each time its bowled.

All the guys that havent played online , will not know what this feels like.

We do. We have all seen what James Hopes, Ravi Bopara and Chad Sayers can do in the game bowling at 82 kph. Especially Sayers, who bowls along with Kane Richardson. Last night I played a career match where I was barely able to flick Kane Richardson's 151 kph thunderbolt for a single and the very next delivery next over, Sayers bowls one at 82 kph :(

There should be some way to ensure speed thresholds for various bowlers in the game. Batting is tough enough already without adding these dramatic changes in pace for all bowlers. In real life you don't see bowlers varying their pace from 140s to 107 kph every other delivery. @BigAntStudios, I propose the following thresholds for various bowlers and hope it's patched in sometime...

Fast: 155 kph to 132 kph
Fast-Medium: 142 kph to 120 kph
Medium: 125 kph to 105 kph
Spinners: 98 kph to 76 kph

At least the pace variation should be in the same ballpark and not vary from 150 to 100 kph.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread