Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies after patch 2 [PS3/360]

Status
Not open for further replies.
That option is for a tie (same scores for each side). Time being played out, will only ever be a draw.

I don't think that's quite what he's getting at. I've certainly had games where I've batted out for the draw with that option selected, and the result has come up with me losing by however many runs.

Bizarrely, when I selected "use statistics to decide", then my competition started allowing draws in the case of incomplete fourth innings...

patch 2 has screwed the game up, it was fine without patch 2 but now it's gone up in smoke, i can't bowl batsmen out nor lbw them, i think they need to fix it

patch 2 has screwed the game up, it was fine without patch 2 but now it's gone up in smoke, i can't bowl batsmen out nor lbw them, i think they need to fix it

I've certainly found it harder to get batsmen out (not that I bowl all that much - the low frame rate when you've got attacking fields is a tad off-putting), but that's good, really, because I felt it was a little easy before and if you cranked the difficulty up to compensate then batting soon becomes impossible.

I don't really get the whole "the game's messed up because I can't play it very well" argument - either drop the difficulty, or just practice and improve at the game - that's the entire point (especially of career). You can see plenty of videos on Youtube where people play the game very successfully - the key is, they're just better at it. Keep plugging away.

Just to note, that it's not the game that's the issue.....busy playing a 50over match in career mode, after a few overs, I have gotten an lbw, an edge to 1st slip, and a catch at mid off.....Pro level....Just got to work for those wickets mate. I am VERY glad they don't come easy anymore.

BA, this game is fantastic.....

I've certainly found it harder to get batsmen out (not that I bowl all that much - the low frame rate when you've got attacking fields is a tad off-putting), but that's good, really, because I felt it was a little easy before and if you cranked the difficulty up to compensate then batting soon becomes impossible.

I don't really get the whole "the game's messed up because I can't play it very well" argument - either drop the difficulty, or just practice and improve at the game - that's the entire point (especially of career). You can see plenty of videos on Youtube where people play the game very successfully - the key is, they're just better at it. Keep plugging away.

when did I say 'I can't play it very well' I was playing very well, whenever i pitched the ball in line with 3 stumps it was mainly hitting the stumps but now with patch 2 it's not going to the stumps

when did I say 'I can't play it very well' I was playing very well, whenever i pitched the ball in line with 3 stumps it was mainly hitting the stumps but now with patch 2 it's not going to the stumps

That's down to you not the game

I could get the ball to hit the wickets most times on Legend if I wanted to, it's just those pesky batsman that get in the way!

That's down to you not the game

I could get the ball to hit the wickets most times on Legend if I wanted to, it's just those pesky batsman that get in the way!

it's the game, not me i was bowling well, i was getting wickets but the patch 2 has screwed it up

Sorry if you cannot get ball to hit the stumps thats down to you

it's the game, not me i was bowling well, i was getting wickets but the patch 2 has screwed it up

Patch 2 has FIXED the game, or at the very least changed it for the better. It's up to you to adjust or even re-learn. After a fortnight full of ridiculous posts from crazies, pirates and ingrates at planet cricket yours is definitely in the top ten.

I don't seem to be having that issue.

In a Casual match last night I bowled 3 wickets in a row in one over, then had 3 batsmen in a row for a GD off an edge from my fast bowler in the next. (Good length, 90degrees left on LAS, perfect delivery)

I've also appealed a lot of LBWs and been awarded about 25% of them. (Can't blame a guy for trying) :D

I'm not an expert by any means, I'm pretty crap at the game, but if someone as rubbish as me can bowl the whole team out before the required overs are reached, then it cannot be the game, can it?

Had an issue last night.

Playing a shield match in career, bowled 27 overs with my player, 5/40.

Took the last wicket, caught behind, appealed, was given out then the game just got stuck. The team were standing around the pitch and nothing would happen, left it for an hour just in case, but had to switch it off and lose hours of progress :(

Had an issue last night.

Playing a shield match in career, bowled 27 overs with my player, 5/40.

Took the last wicket, caught behind, appealed, was given out then the game just got stuck. The team were standing around the pitch and nothing would happen, left it for an hour just in case, but had to switch it off and lose hours of progress :(

The "temporary fix" is that you should wait a second or two after the ball has actually been caught.....they are working on this....but appealing after the ball has been caught, cancels out this glitch.

Yes and no. I agree that bowling was too easy and that adjusting the difficulty is a good idea - if the balance is right.

It sounds like the guy was decent enough batting on Pro and maybe wouldn't have minded wickets being a little harder - a subtle adjustment. It does seem that wickets are much, much harder to get on Pro, to the point where batting is now almost easier than the bowling.

If that's the case, dropping this guy down to Amateur will likely not satisfy him at all. The bowling may end up slightly too easy and the batting way too easy.

I feel that bowling would've been better on Pro somewhere between where it was and where it is, which may be a hard adjustment to make.

There also seems to be a lot of contention (and has been tweaks or not) since release between those who feel one way about the difficulty difference between Pro and Veteran and those who feel the other. It must be a hell of a thing for Big Ant to know what specifically to do. Maybe a 6th difficulty between Amateur and Pro called Semi-Pro?

I myself don't find the bowling too hard on Pro, just a little boring now due to the adjustment. It doesn't seem like you can work out a batsman and find out what will get him out, you just try and bowl various good deliveries as much as you can, well at least that's my experience. The frequency of wickets now does make the bowling experience a little too plodding at times.

One thing to take into account though, we are all at various stages of careers, which makes it hard to read how much is a balancing issue and how much is a player development issue.

Shame there wasn't a season mode or such we could create for team play instead of individuals in careers. That'd reveal how the difficulty is playing out with properly developed players, rather than career individuals at various stages of development. Mind you we can do that with tours etc, I suppose.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread