Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's easy enough to make-out fielders using the first-person view option in a short-format game, but it is incredibly difficuilt in a Test-Match because of the white kits and usually white-stadium backgrounds... I don't think view-field thing is all that much of an issue, really... in a real game of cricket half the point of being a really good batsman is finding that gap and exploiting it until the captain changes the field, creating another one.

I've just being applying the same principals in career mode for the last hour. No-one at mid off, punching twos and fours down the ground for a few overs and the AI plugged the gap, leaving a fairly sizable gap at square leg... started playing off my hips, AI changes the field and gets me out because I didn't notice it. Gone for 19 off about 50 deliveries!

fishing brilliant if you ask me.

It's easy enough to make-out fielders using the first-person view option in a short-format game, but it is incredibly difficuilt in a Test-Match because of the white kits and usually white-stadium backgrounds... I don't think view-field thing is all that much of an issue, really... in a real game of cricket half the point of being a really good batsman is finding that gap and exploiting it until the captain changes the field, creating another one.

I've just being applying the same principals in career mode for the last hour. No-one at mid off, punching twos and fours down the ground for a few overs and the AI plugged the gap, leaving a fairly sizable gap at square leg... started playing off my hips, AI changes the field and gets me out because I didn't notice it. Gone for 19 off about 50 deliveries!

fishing brilliant if you ask me.

There are a lot of questions about getting singles off defensive pushes into gaps.....any luck?

Atleast someone can do it for these 8 teams
Australia
South Africa
England
Newzealand
Srilanka
Westindies
Pakistan
India

Blockerdave could do it before breakfast.....

Actually Snowy took the words out of my mouth off my typing fingers... i mean jeez "i can't be assed doing any work to make my game more enjoyable, will you do it for me?"

----------

Atleast someone can do it for these 8 teams
Australia
South Africa
England
Newzealand
Srilanka
Westindies
Pakistan
India

if you want something, do it yourself. people have already put a huge amount of work into the teams and players on CA... if something isn't to your liking, change it yourself rather than expecting someone else to do even more work, for free, for your benefit.

There are a lot of questions about getting singles off defensive pushes into gaps.....any luck?

+1

Also if someone could confirm whether we can play low powered shots (i.e. with the LT half pressed) behind the wicket as well. This was not possible in the nets beta!

Player Voices

Hi Guys, Maybe the wrong place to post this so please feel free to move - but have noticed that some of the teams being used haven't had the voices set up.

Had a VERY legendary Indian cricketer shout NOOOO with an aussie voice. would be great if creators could look at that.

Hi Guys, Maybe the wrong place to post this so please feel free to move - but have noticed that some of the teams being used haven't had the voices set up.

Had a VERY legendary Indian cricketer shout NOOOO with an aussie voice. would be great if creators could look at that.

I personally found it a bit hard to distinguish between the voices...are you able to send the creators or post a list of what voice should be used for certain backgrounds?

i did it fairly randomly... tried to do different voices, but didn't really follow "asian guy/asian name"

I haven't batted long enough in my career to get enough time in the middle, to be honest. I'm balls-out trying to stay in at the crease, let alone getting fancy. The problem is I'm a top-order batsman so I'm usually coming in at 4 in the order and currently, Queensland have a fairly brittle top 3 so I'm out in the middle with piss-all on the board trying to stay in a build a partnership...

...the downside to that is the AI shoves a silly-mid-on in my face, so any defensive pushes I'm doing go straight to them, also the bowlers seem to have exceptionally long follow-throughs. Which is fine, but what ends up happening is they're doing a lot of that close-in fielding so again, you're not getting much of a chance to run off those kinda shots.

Think maybe you could look at turning down the speed the AI runs in the field a notch, so you could get those "drop-and-run" singles that you see, because the bowlers, even spinners, are pretty sprightly on their feet!

Ha ha! I actually quite like the idea of having the likes of David Warner saying in a high cut Oxford voice; "I say, I would appreciate us not running at the moment as I am unsure as to whether it is the appropriate time to do so, much obliged old chap"

I personally found it a bit hard to distinguish between the voices...are you able to send the creators or post a list of what voice should be used for certain backgrounds?

I'll talk to HBK tomorrow and get him to put up a list of regions for each name you can choose.

FYI the one that says MIKE - is English :-)

"Craig" is definitely of NZ origin-sounding as well... I think it's craig I use, anyway... he has the best appeal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread