Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a bit confused, it seems you can copy an academy player in to be your career player, but you can't go the other way? I spent a great deal of time working on a career player likeness, it would've been nice/seemingly logical to be able to use that likeness elsewhere (or maybe I'm just missing something).

Great game though!

The one that sounds terrifyingly like "Craaaaaaaaayyyyyyyg" Biggs in real life?

Fixed for accuracy of statement.

"Craig" is definitely of NZ origin-sounding as well... I think it's craig I use, anyway... he has the best appeal!

I'll let Craig know you think he's from New Zealand - he's a country Victorian boy and also the umpire you see a lot in the videos.

I don't remember seeing any option for Asian/West Indian/South African accents in the Cricket Academy.

There's definitely an asian soundin' dude ...it is pretty hilarious to hear some of the Asian PC.net team-members yell out "Howzat" in true-blue gidday-mate stole your dingo Australian accented glory....

There's a good variety - but when they are yelling it is hard to tell the accents. I had a fair amount of time to get used to them :-)

I'll get HBK to post the regions and people can then freely change as you wish.

I wasn't allowed to do any commentary or shouting as apparently I am not kid friendly and we needed to keep our G rating - I have NFI what their problem is.

I was given out LBW upon review when it said the ball pitched outside leg. Is umpires call in the game or is it a hidden feature?

HBK, you mentioned couple of pages back that you have some idea in mind to make it easy to spot fielders. I really hope that you guys dont succumb to demand and introduce a fielding radar. Just somehow make them easier to spot. At the moment it puts a lot of strain on the eyes. Maybe highlight the player like it happens in Far Cry when you try to spot enemies using binoculars.

HBK, you mentioned couple of pages back that you have some idea in mind to make it easy to spot fielders. I really hope that you guys dont succumb to demand and introduce a fielding radar. Just somehow make them easier to spot. At the moment it puts a lot of strain on the eyes. Maybe highlight the player like it happens in Far Cry when you try to spot enemies using binoculars.

Matt's idea sounded pretty good, hopefully something like that...

also what would be uber cool - imagine your batting partner walks down the pitch between deliveries to say "just moved third man a bit finer..." etc. (i imagine re-recording audio would prevent that)

what is the exact trigger for batting????????????
is it Right stick or R1/2 or L1/2??????????????pls help
i m nt able to time it

Matt's idea sounded pretty good, hopefully something like that...

also what would be uber cool - imagine your batting partner walks down the pitch between deliveries to say "just moved third man a bit finer..." etc. (i imagine re-recording audio would prevent that)

If AI doesnt change the field inbetween overs then it should not be a problem as after every over you get to see birds eye view of ground where you can spot the players and remember them ;)

And about your suggestion, well it can be done even without re recording. Nonstriker would come up and point towards the fielding change and then camera would focus in that area.

Last edited:
Hi,
Please comment
- how i turn off the red circle around the ball
- there are too much run outs when AI is batting
- direct hits from everywhere even reduce the throw accuracy
Looking for guidance on these

Cheers

There will be no radar.

At some point there will be a patch that helps spot players.

The first patch will be focussed on the Career mode issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread