Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW seems to be a lot of bugs, complaints appearing now after a few days playing.

Troll is trolling.

Game is amazing, simply amazing fun. There's nothing gamebreaking, nothing glaring "OMG BUG!" in this game, it's wonderful. Most of the points are simple tweaks to the AI, the only frustraing one is the bowler-end run out glitch. That's it.

how to Chek field changes? The view offered is not perfect..needs immediate attention. ...

I can imagine dbc15 or dbc16 as the best sports title in gaming:yes

Ross,hbk,mikey please fix the 'hitting to the stumps, dislodging bails all the time' issue. Please.

Hi how do you turn the red circle around the ball off? I turned all HUD elements off in options and everything disappeared except the red circle. Please help thank you.

Also is there a way to invert the batting shot directions because when I move the right stick to the right it hits left and vice versa.

True. Though -as many other players have - I have identified a few issues in the game, and some of them seem big. I just posted the list on another thread, but it seems this is the more appropriate thread for that, so pasting the points here, too.

1. Almost all the time when a fielder dives to catch the ball, the commentators say that he saved an absolute boundary, even if the ball is crawling within the 30-yard circle.

2. I was playing offline 2-player game, I missed a ball, the 2nd player hit the stumps while I was within my crease. After the bails were broken, I started running, but I was declared run-out.

3. Don't want to sound like a broken record, but every bowler bowls straight and leg-side lines, no outside off-stump bowling.

4. For me, I guess the AI field settings is probably the biggest issue. It would be better to have only 4-5 preset settings, instead of dozens of presets, provided if they are more realistic and accurate as real-time cricket. Too many close catchers, short-leg and slips, make it really easy to exploit runs and fielders.

5. Fielders, especially the bowler, is almost always super-human when it comes to catching and stopping the balls.

6. I haven't seen (yet) a keeper missing the way-down-the-leg-side wide ball.

7. The replays need a major overhaul. I guess, the frequency needs to be toned down to make them more special. More importantly, if you hit a six, or if there is an awesome catch in the deep or an excellent stop at the boundary, the replays don't focus on that. They always focus on the shot, all the times.

8. It would be good to have a few more options - or at least one better fielding camera option. Sometimes, it becomes extremely hard to judge a run right after you hit the ball. Sure the broadcast fielding camera works, but it seems ugly (sorry).

9. A very important one! The defensive shot should be revamped. It should be much more simple to play a dot ball. Something on the lines of "ducking/leaving" the ball. So, as in real life, if you're in no position to play a shot, you should be able to just block it. Currently, playing the defensive shot has the same mechanics as a playing an aggressive shot - which, if you think, doesn't make much sense.

10. It is almost impossible to see the fielders in the deep (while looking in the 1st person view before the ball is delivered). I always somehow miss one or two fielders and play a shot where I thought the boundary is uncovered, only to be caught in the deep. There should be a mini-radar sort of thing for that. A good idea is to add a fade-in when the bowler starts running, and the radar fades out before the bowler is about to jump.

11. There should be a few more pop-ups of the scorecard, runs, partnerships, comparisons during the gameplay.

12. There should be some sort of automatic setting which brings in the Spiderwheel, Manhattan graph, run-rate bar, etc. during the gameplay.

I'm really enjoying the game, but think this is a real fair assessment! Especially point 7. Replays need to be for highlight plays only. Wickets/fours/sixes/close calls/good saves while fielding etc.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but I noticed that all of the fielders throw left handed and hit the stumps way to often

Wish we had more licensed stadiums, the SCG looks amazing!!!

I've only spent one night so far and thus far. Absolutely loving it. It takes a bit to get use too, especially bowling. But loving the challenge.

There's a couple minor things, but some could actually be me Sucking. Haha

We're listening, HBK and Mike are taking notes - please use the template though as otherwise we might miss it, slabs of text are hard to decipher sometimes and using the template allows us to easily search the threads.

Often what is said to be a bug is a design decision for gameplay balance reasons, not all requests will be fulfilled but bugs will be.

Any chance the direct throws and ai bowling on middle and leg all the time will be possible to rectify through the patch?

There will be a patch for the Career issue and little else.

Another patch will come later once the dust has settled, we can't rush into fixes that might unbalance the game.

PS: Please, please use the template for reporting bugs.

Mode: career
Match Type: shield 4 day game
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): happens regularly through out using sim to my career
Ground: happens at numerous grounds
Teams: playing as bushranger against various teams
Get Best: using the auto downloaded best user teams
Description of Issue: when checking the scorecard my teams first innings shows as blank while the opposition is on their first innings despite my side having already batted

9. A very important one! The defensive shot should be revamped. It should be much more simple to play a dot ball. Something on the lines of "ducking/leaving" the ball. So, as in real life, if you're in no position to play a shot, you should be able to just block it. Currently, playing the defensive shot has the same mechanics as a playing an aggressive shot - which, if you think, doesn't make much sense.

I disagree with most of your 'bugs' but I do agree with you here. Blocking is actually harder in terms of control complexity than playing a normal shot, which doesn't seem right. Obviously this has been balanced out by blocking having a far greater margin for error once you manage to get all the buttons in, but I still don't think there's enough incentive to play it very often.

It seems, essentially, only to be there to counter good deliveries rather than to offer an easy, low-risk option of playing conservatively when time isn't an issue and you're sweating on a particularly delivery.

All that said, I'm lost for ideas on how you'd fix that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread