Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anyway to fix why Phil Hughes and Callum Ferguson open the bowling for the AI in career mode?

Options>Controls>Invert Batting..
Thank you. What about the red circle? Is there a way I can get rid of that?

Also during one of the games I played the sound including the crowd and commentators was messed up. It kept cutting out and sounded horrible. It's only happened to me once though.

Is there anyway to fix why Phil Hughes and Callum Ferguson open the bowling for the AI in career mode?

You can link players individually instead of linking the team, or you can just wait for the fix which Big Ant have already confirmed

Could somebody please confirm this. For spin bowling the manual clearly states to flick the right analog, but I have the same issue with the ball going all over the pitch. Is the manual wrong?.

Thanks for the help.

you choose delivery with the left stick when your choosing the pitch of the delivery (with the face buttons) then rotate that during the run up for your spin trying to time it so the third rotation ends at the point of release, you flick the right stick down at your players jump and then up to release the ball. If the right stick goes up on an angle the ball will release on that line.

The vertical (straight up) will release the ball, any lateral movement (left/right on right analogue stick) will determine the line the ball is bowled on.

The manual was printed before we made a change to the spin bowling, so it is incorrect as it stands in the manual unfortunately.

In-game in the control layout and Match Practice, it is correct however. This is the ideal place to check everything if you're unsure.

The manual was printed before we made a change to the spin bowling, so it is incorrect as it stands in the manual unfortunately.

In-game in the control layout and Match Practice, it is correct however. This is the ideal place to check everything if you're unsure.

Can we get updated manual

I cannot get the option to replace teams..and I cannot download anything from shared server. It says service not available please try again later.

Sure it was off my bowling so I'm happy with getting a wicket, but that should never be out.

...Hmmm, and that's at the keepers end to. Something with the diving animation I reckon, causing a few problems if you dive to too early, which is a pain... you should just keep sliding and stay down until the bails have been removed.

...Hmmm, and that's at the keepers end to. Something with the diving animation I reckon, causing a few problems if you dive to too early, which is a pain... you should just keep sliding and stay down until the bails have been removed.
It looked more to me as if the AI thought the line was about 2 metres further up the pitch - when the batsman stands up (0:18) he's still on the wrong side of the line.

Yup, and that's the same issue that's happening with the diving --> run out at the bowlers end. Basically, just diving too early and when the animation is "completed" you're still outside the crease.

I think there's a problem with where the crease is visually and where the computer thinks it is, I had one where I comfortably made it home, only for the batsman to turn around and walk out of the crease with one foot and get run out, but that was at the bowlers end... only happened once and may well have just been an oddity.

There's definitely a disconnect with the diving-animation, I'm just not diving at all and that's solved most of the run-outs.

Just played against Victoria who had 4 fielders behind square. No wonder the bowlers bowl everything at my pads! How can such a basic law like this be an oversight?

Use the format mate... otherwise you're howling into the wind.

if referred to the third umpire i am always given out even if my bat is on the ground or some part of body is in the crease. if i appeal manually for lbw it always takes me to snicko meter. and if the ball hits the batter he sometimes runs out to the middle of the pitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread