Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies

Status
Not open for further replies.
if referred to the third umpire i am always given out even if my bat is on the ground or some part of body is in the crease. if i appeal manually for lbw it always takes me to snicko meter. and if the ball hits the batter he sometimes runs out to the middle of the pitch

Use the format mate... otherwise you're howling into the wind.

Ahem.

So is there no way to get rid of the red circle around the ball? :noway Has anyone done it? Please answer. Thank you.

You should spam peoples PM more...

HUD can be removed easily in "options"

No I unticked all the boxes under HUD in options including the ring around the ball and it is still there. Has anyone else managed to turn it off? If not will this issue be fixed?

Why is it an 'issue' in the first place - the ball is tiny and hard to pick up as it is in the outfield, why would you want it off?

No I unticked all the boxes under HUD in options including the ring around the ball and it is still there. Has anyone else managed to turn it off? If not will this issue be fixed?

Ive noticed this too. Uncheck the boxes in the hud, go back into the game and after a ball or two the hud elements will turn themselves on again!

Why is it an 'issue' in the first place - the ball is tiny and hard to pick up as it is in the outfield, why would you want it off?

to get a more realistic(HUD Free) experience of course, while its certainly has it benefits for people who need them, a lot of people would prefer to get rid of HUDS, so if that option is not working properly as stated its definitely an issue.

You can easily switch to a block by simply pulling the trigger as you play the shot, ala, changing your mind as I've done hundreds of times in the nets. Vastly prefer the controls as they are, the focus being on scoring runs rather than a defensive mindset... Which is not how the modern game works at all.

Can you please explain this, buddy? Defensive shots are "killing" me atm. They are almost always premeditated for me.

By "pulling the trigger" do you mean, 'in the opposite direction' or something? For example, if I am to play a front-foot drive towards extra cover, and when the ball is about to make impact, I pull the trigger back (say, towards fine leg) will the batsman play a defensive block? Won't he play a shot towards fine leg? Maybe for the reason, if I decide to change the mind on the "shot", as I don't want to play it towards covers any more?

A little explanation would be really helpful. Thanks.

P.S: I didn't play the Beta CA nets, so I'm fairly new to batting.

You are right i am having the same issue as well...nothing is checked in HUD yet the red circle is keep showing

The AI bowlers seem to be obsessed with my leg stump, bowling generally straight at it or down the leg side. I've seen very few balls outside off, and pretty much none that are hittable there. They aren't trying to get me to play outside off looking for an edge, they are just blindly bowling at my legs hoping that I do something stupid. This is on pro difficultly.

Can you please explain this, buddy? Defensive shots are "killing" me atm. They are almost always premeditated for me.

By "pulling the trigger" do you mean, 'in the opposite direction' or something? For example, if I am to play a front-foot drive towards extra cover, and when the ball is about to make impact, I pull the trigger back (say, towards fine leg) will the batsman play a defensive block? Won't he play a shot towards fine leg? Maybe for the reason, if I decide to change the mind on the "shot", as I don't want to play it towards covers any more?

The triggers as the the shoulder buttons. So the right "trigger" pulled all the way down turns a shot into a defensive shot. I think you're confusing the triggers with the analogue sticks. The left analogue stick does your foot placing, the right does the shot direction, but the triggers modify the type of shot (left for aggressive shots, right for defensive, both for aggressive ground shots).

Never mind, I got it. :facepalm *embarrassingly steps out the door and closes it*

No im sure he meant pressing the trigger buttons.

you usually select the footwork when the ball is released then decide on the shot during the time you decide on the shot and commit with the right stick, press the block trigger with it to defend.

edit: ah see that you have got it:thumbs

Last edited:

Turning the bowling hud off, then having it turn itself on again - thats an issue.

While playing test match, after the lunch break, when the players came back score showed 0/0 before the first ball was bowled. Once i played the shot score went back to normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread