Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don Bradman Cricket 14 Gameplay Part 3 - Career Mode Queensland Vs Victoria - Vic 2nd Innings - YouTube

Mode: Career
Match Type: 4-day
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): 19.4, 3rd innnings
Ground: Not sure
Teams: Victoria vs Queensland
Get Best: Don't know
Description of Issue: Batsman played a stroke, ran one and completed it. The bowler failed to collect the ball and it went for 4 overthrows. When 5 runs should have been awarded to the team and batsman, only 4 were. And the commentator spoke like the batsman actually hit it for four.

Mode: competition
Match Type: one day
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): end of innings
Ground: melbourne
Teams: old aussies v old pommies
Get Best: yes
Description of Issue: more than 50% of the times the game freezes between innings.....annoying!

Last edited:
Mode: Competition
Match Type: T20 World Cup, Group stage
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): 6th over
Ground: Sussex
Teams: South Africa (player) vs Ireland
Reproducible: yes

System: xbox 360

6 overs into bowling first I decided I wanted to create extra custom fields so I used the "save and exit" function, created new custom fields and loaded up my competition again.

Everything went ok until I wanted to change my field to one of my new custom fields. As soon as I select a custom field the game would black screen. I can hear ambient sounds in the background (crowd etc) but the only response I get is pressing the xbox button and "ending the session".

I reloaded probably 4 or 5 times, tried bowling a ball and then changing, tried bowling 2 overs and then changing, changing to default fields and then changing back, but it would always black screen on selecting my custom field.

I also tried starting a new game and using that custom field...no problem.

So very basically, reloaded game, tried to change to custom field, black screen. I've just given up using that field setting for this particular game. Will try it again once the match is completed.

Mode: Career, Year 2
Match type: Varies, Test and ODI
Over Count: Varies but I'm usually "in" about the 15-20 over mark
Ground: Melbourne - every match seems to be at Melbourne? I am playing for Victoria but they play at "home" an awful lot
Teams: Victoria vs Tasmania, NSW and W.A
Description of Issue: Fielder returns ball to wicket keeper who attempts run-out and then throws ball direct to the bowlers end who attempts run-out at that end. Happens in a fraction of a second almost like the ball warps to the other end? Seen it at least 3 times, usually in a test match but also in an ODI against NSW.

Match type: Test
Over Count: Around over 10
Ground: Don't recall, probably Melbourne
Teams: Victoria vs QLD
Description of Issue: I have not been able to replicate this one, so may be a one-off. After completing a run I pressed O as per usual to cancel any further runs and the batsman slid sideways and started glitching out, shaking etc. As he was out of his crease after glitching the keeper ran up to run him out but everything froze for about 20-30 seconds and the batsman kept shaking, commentary stopped. Then everything went back to normal. Shortly after that the bowler missed a caught and bowled chance and my player (At the non strikers end) got "stuck" backing up with the diving for the catch bowler. Now out of my crease and stuck, bowler threw the ball and ran me out, even though he was blocking my access back and I was hammering O on the controller!

Has anyone reported how the field platings keep changing automatically?

Also bowler automatically shifts from over And around the wicket??

Match type: Varies, Test and ODI
Over Count: anytime
Ground: Melbourne - every match seems to be at Melbourne
Teams: QLD Vs TAS
Description of Issue: Happened at least 3 times, Play an aggressive or semi aggressive drive, bowler stops or drops catch, gets up throws to wk, my batsmen is stuck in drive animation and then they take bails off. Goes to thrid umpire and im given out.

Ground: Melbourne - every match seems to be at Melbourne? I am playing for Victoria but they play at "home" an awful lot
Something that makes me think there's a bug here is that it says 'Melbourne Stadium' in the overlay mentions of the stadium.

The Victorian team that I got via get best has that renamed and set to 'MCG' - which is displayed in the menus showing the tournament progress.

There's that "left" and "right" stadium selection in the quick match screen, what's that about? Also "random" stadium in that same match set up usually gives me Melbourne. Again, not complaining because, Melbourne... but would love to play a few games at the Bradman oval in career mode.

1. Fielders continue to dive and field even after ball has crossed boundary.
2. Leg umpire also raises his hand like main umpire when batsman is checking the field.
3. Replay of player getting caught on boundary doesn't work properly. Shows one bounce 4 with no fielder around.
4. Running needs some tweaks. I got runout off inside edge when ball dropped near my feet. Fielder rushed in and hit the stumps. I couldn't do anything.
5. Dropping the bowl near pitch and running is impossible as bowler is super agile.

Overall, I was pleasantly surprised that game doesn't have any major bug. Impossible to believe this is Big Ant's first cricket game. Hats off.

There's that "left" and "right" stadium selection in the quick match screen, what's that about? Also "random" stadium in that same match set up usually gives me Melbourne. Again, not complaining because, Melbourne... but would love to play a few games at the Bradman oval in career mode.
That's simple enough, you play at the 'home' ground of the team on either the left or right hand side of the screen in the team selection options.

For example if you do a left team match with the Unicorns, you'll be nominally playing at Unicorn City in Rainbow Land - but the stadium will be the Lancashire Stadium.

Side note - our Canadian friends should try to avoid hearing the commentator mangle 'Ontario'.

Just a suggestion not really a bug though: Please make the square leg umpire slightly translucent when Striker is looking a t fielders using L2 trigger. Because he blocks the deep square leg fielder. Twice I lost my wicket when i thought there is no deep square leg thus its safe to loft the ball on the square of the wicket.

Think I have encountered something rather strange. Playing against PAK All Time one of their bowlers started off right arm over to change around the wicket and bowled left arm for one delivery, went back and bowled right arm over then left arm over for the final 2 deliveries...bug?

Extremely annoyed.....5 times in a row now the game has frozen at the change of innings....!!! The game is unplayable if that is going to happen every time. May as well throw the game in the bin. Pissed!

Extremely annoyed.....5 times in a row now the game has frozen at the change of innings....!!! The game is unplayable if that is going to happen every time. May as well throw the game in the bin. Pissed!

Yeah online is little buggy. Till yesterday i had no problems, no lags or disconnection whatsoever. But today i tried playing a match against chevo and I got a black screen as soon as i hit the ball. If i leave the ball then its was ok. We tried thrice to resume the game but everytime i got the black screen.

----------

Mode: Online
Match Type: Five5
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): 4th over first innings of match. I was batting
Ground: Dont remember
Teams: India vs India
Get Best: (Yes/No) Yes
Reproducible (Yes/No/How Many times out of 3/5/10): Occured just once during my 5 online matches.
Description of Issue: When 4th over started, My opponent bowled a no ball using Ishant Sharma. After that ball, Umpire kept on giving no ball for next couple of balls consecutively. Once umpire stopped giving the no ball, he stopped counting the balls. Even though my opponent was bowling legit balls, umpire just refused to count them as you can see in the pic below. Only when i lost a wicket by getting caught in outfield, umpire started counting the balls.
BYuuKQJ.jpg

Yeah online is little buggy. Till yesterday i had no problems, no lags or disconnection whatsoever. But today i tried playing a match against chevo and I got a black screen as soon as i hit the ball. If i leave the ball then its was ok. We tried thrice to resume the game but everytime i got the black screen.

I haven't even started playing online yet....can't even get through one innings offline....!

----------

----------

Mode: Online
Match Type: Five5
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): 4th over first innings of match. I was batting
Ground: Dont remember
Teams: India vs India
Get Best: (Yes/No) Yes
Reproducible (Yes/No/How Many times out of 3/5/10): Occured just once during my 5 online matches.
Description of Issue: When 4th over started, My opponent bowled a no ball using Ishant Sharma. After that ball, Umpire kept on giving no ball for next couple of balls consecutively. Once umpire stopped giving the no ball, he stopped counting the balls. Even though my opponent was bowling legit balls, umpire just refused to count them as you can see in the pic below. Only when i lost a wicket by getting caught in outfield, umpire started counting the balls.
BYuuKQJ.jpg

Yep...i've had that one. I think the AI bowled 7 wides and then the over just finished.....after only 4 legitimate deliveries...! I do like the 14 no balls in the picture....classic!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread